Author Topic: Crowdfunding for new MB supporting Windows 10 Universal App platform.  (Read 2136 times)

HeyMike83

Hi Steven,

I think there are many people out there appreciating your hard work in your free time.

Just curious, don't you consider to start a crowd-funded campaign to implement some of those terrific awesome features
as discussed  in thread Win10 Style [Concepts]?

I know that the donation per paypal may work for you as it's now but maybe this could give you more freedom / predictability.

I assume there would be many 'incompatibilities' in your current code when moving to universal app platform, but this
could also bring new things and possibilities for example to target the windows phone community.

Thanks for considering and thank you for your hard work.

Steven

• Administrator
this is not something I would consider doing for a number of reasons
- I do musicbee as a hobby in my spare time and its not something i would want to do as a full time thing
- while i am making changes in v3 that should be more tablet friendly, i just dont think Microsoft's universal apps is appropriate for musicbee - the focus for musicbee is on people with large collections who need to manage and play from the collection. I see that as a desktop thing and thats where the focus for musicbee development is. Running musicbee on a phone just woundnt make sense without having a completely different user interface for that environment.
- the BASS music library which musicbee uses isnt available for this environment - it might do at some point but i dont get any sense its near