Author Topic: See percentages of all the formats in our library?  (Read 3043 times)

ethereal12

I was wondering if this feature could be implemented. If it's already included then apologies (and how can I access it?)

So basically it could be included with the library statistics feature, it can show how much of a certain format is in our library, for example:

40% MP3 V0,  20% FLAC, 40% AAC LC (or whatever the codec for Apples lossy m4a format is) or possibly showing how many tracks are in what formats instead of percentages.

I think it'd be really useful.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you could do something along these lines with the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin, but I will let people who've used that feature themselves advise you on how.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
If this is was implemented it should be generic, showing a breakdown of tracks on any specified criteria. The Library Statistics screen already shows those that would be used most often, but a lot of people are probably using custom tags to store track details that might benefit too.

Rather than being a separate function it could also be tied into the search results. This would allow things like "Show me all songs released in the 1980s, broken down by genre".

Pretty graphs instead of just numbers would be icing on the cake. :)
Bee excellent to each other...

ethereal12

I think you could do something along these lines with the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin, but I will let people who've used that feature themselves advise you on how.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools
Couldn't do it with this.

marmonto

+1 to this feature request
and +1 to "Zak" improvement.
 ;)
marmonto