Author Topic: Subsonic Client  (Read 55864 times)

Sarge

Just did the link above Sarge: No new changes I'm afraid... :( :( :(
Just a thought..did you ever try and use Vibestreamer ?
and see if you get the same issues?
http://www.vibestreamer.com

Sarge

my quess is that it's going to be your modem itself that is the problem..i would call the provider and see if there is a updated modem, and ask them .

Maleko12

vibestreamer works perfectly fine (I can listen to music in the browser). I just find it weird that only the SS plugin doesn't work in MB, while everything else SS-related works just fine.

Sarge

well something works :)

i don't have win 7 nor do i use subsonic, so i'm limited in the help.

Sarge

Try using Subsonic with the WTF skin.

WTF do you have to lose ?  ha haha  just kidding

thegreyspot

Maleko12 IDk, but i would guess its just something typed into MB wrong. Why dont you take a picture of the address that you type into your browser that makes SS load, and take a picture of your MB SS preferences.

It cant be somethign wrong with ur "modem", if it loads fine in your browser. Only thing it could be is windows firewall blocking MB, which it seems you have checked. Or steven has some error in his code, which lets face it, is probably not likely ;)

Maleko12

OK, here is a visual representation of what I'm doing:

1. Put all of my info, using my subsonic-friendly hostname:

2. Get this error:

3. Do the same as above, but instead use the 192.xxx.x.xxx address instead:

4. Get the same error as #2:

Now, here are my settings in SubSonic:

Now... Here is me using the browser on my computer:

The login page:

The SubSonic web interface:

An example of something playing:

Here are my firewall settings for Musicbee and the port for MB, which I called MBSS:

And to recap:

I have a Motorola MODEM (not router).
Only one computer on my network.
My OS is Windows 7.
My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials.

Steven

• Administrator
maleko12, i am not expecting this to start making things work but just to eliminate any doubt i have temporarily removed the logic that substitutes the subsonic friendly name with the server ip address

http://www.mediafire.com/?7778y9i2k57844p

Maleko12

Just tried it, and, as you expected, nothing changed.
This feels like my old, lengthy bug posts. At least there's more people now to help out instead of just Steven. ;D ;D
Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:47:15 PM by Maleko12

Sarge

Just tried it, and, as you expected, nothing changed.
This feels like my old, lengthy bug posts. At least there's more people now to help out instead of just Steven. ;D ;D
Have you tried this?
You said Vibestreamer worked...check what port VS used and try setting SS to use those ports. IF they are different.

Maleko12

Sarge

Changed ports... same old same old.

......---------o     H                    <--Punt

oh well still thinking of things to try and running out

phred

• Global Moderator
I just got home from work and have a good number of things to do, but I thought I'd catch up on the Meleko12 Soap Opera.  (I feel for you, Brother.)  Thanks for posting the screen shots.  All looks correct, IMHO.  I tried going to your subsonic.org site and can't.  I'm getting the 'unable to establish a connection' error.  Which really doesn't tell me anything since there could be a number of reasons why that's happening.  

Can you get MB installed on a machine that's outside of your home network and try from there?  I know that's not necessarily an easy thing to do, but it'd be interesting to see what happens.  Can you connect to Subsonic from outside your home (via the browser?)

I'm gonna grab some dinner, a couple of beers, and maybe stare at WTF for a while so I can clear my head and come up with some other ideas.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Sarge

1 more thing..did you try making a new SS account and trying a new sign on and password?

Maleko12

@phred: I will try to do that by Wednesday. I used my Android app about two hours ago and everything was working perfectly (able to access my music and download some songs).

@Sarge: Can do that, but probably by Wednesday.