Author Topic: Redudancy  (Read 2681 times)

Penn

Trying to find a way to handle data redundancy.  Is it possible for the MusicBee database to link to the same mp3 file more than once? So that you can have the same song on more than one album without needing more than one copy of it?

Steven

• Administrator
check out the duplications manager (tools/ manaage duplicates)
it has the option to create an ASX file for the lower quality files. Test it out to make sure you are happy with the way it works as it deletes the duplicate files.
I think some of the active forum members use this function so may be able to help you further

vincent kars

In general an album is defined as tracks having the same values for Album and Artist hence the answer is no.
But MusicBee has an option to define an album as all the tracks in the same folder.
If your music is organized this way you might try a symbolic link inside this folder to a file in another folder.
However, in the interface the name of the albums will remain different
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Penn

I now better appreciate the difficulties.

Storage being as cheap as it is I think I'll just retain several copies of the relevant tracks. Thanks for your replies.