Author Topic: Auto-tag specific tag for entire library at once (ex. genre)  (Read 2807 times)

guyverzero

Been trying to look for a way to do this for a while now, would love to find a way in Musicbee to change auto tag an entire library, but only in a specific sort setting (like I said in the topic, the best example would be genre, but things like "year" would also be helpful)

I've already been able to do artist and album, as well as album art for everything in my 10,000~ song library over the years (this is before I trusted autotag to do it's magic, it was all manual), but genre would be extremely difficult to do, so I figured I would ask if anyone knew how to before giving up.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can auto-tag genre from Last.fm.  Right click on a track or tracks and look for the  auto-tagging optiona.  You also have  control over the list of allowed genres.

I suggest taking it in small batches, though, especially at first.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

guyverzero

Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can auto-tag genre from Last.fm.  Right click on a track or tracks and look for the  auto-tagging optiona.  You also have  control over the list of allowed genres.

I suggest taking it in small batches, though, especially at first.

Wow, awesome!  Just completed it and it got about 5000 or so songs with a keyword at least.  Genre had to be included in at least half of that 5000 too.  Thanks a ton for the help, and the welcome to the forum.  I've been using Musicbee for a couple years now, and the feature set is just incredible.  Now the only tiny problem I have is that syncing takes a good long while to start on my Android phone, but I'm happy it can sync with the device at all

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad it worked well for you!

My phone has always taken a while to sync, too.  I've taken to syncing to a virtual drive, and then syncing that directory separately to my phone, to speed things up.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)