Author Topic: Link System & MusicBee Volume Levels  (Read 21120 times)

Cyano

Plugin - Link System & MusicBee Volume
Built for MusicBee by Cyano

Description
   A plug-in that simply links the volume level of MusicBee and Windows Volume Together.
   If you change MusicBee Volume, The System Volume will change also and vice versa.

The idea behind this is to 'disable' MusicBee volume control, this was suggested by 'Will N. Dowd' in
   the Wish list sub forum. I also wanted to use such a feature - so I made a plugin that does this. I'll keep this plugin
   on the forum unless it is implemented in MusicBee natively.

Features
• Simple to use interface.
• Easily toggle between Linking and Unlinking the Volume Levels.
• Start 'Link Volume' on MusicBee Startup Setting

Screenshots
Main Window

Licences
Vista Core Audio API Master Volume Control
The Code Project Open License. See Program for link to page.

Download & Installation Instructions
   This plugin requires Window Vista Or Higher and MusicBee Version 2.4 or higher (Recommended 2.5).
      Download Release {About 100kb}
         Click to download Version 0.1.0

Old Versions
There are currently no previous versions

Download Source Code (Written In C#)
Available on GitHub
MIT Licence

Installing
Extract all files from the ZIP file into the the Plugin folder located in MusicBee folder.
Open preferences > plugins. ensure "mb system volume link" is enabled. Restart MusicBee after enabling.

Click on "Configure" to Access the main plugin form. Toggle between linking and unlinking volumes by clicking
the button that says 'Synchronize" or "Unlink"

ChangeLog
Version 0.1.0 26/05/2015
Initial Release

Planned Features
Requests Welcome.

Any feedback welcome,
Cyano.
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:18:28 AM by Cyano

Will N. Dowd

That's amazing you made that, for yourself, me and others to use, thanks so much.
can't tell you how excited I am to try it.

You obviusly are very computer savvy, but sorry I am not.

Please provide detailed instructions on how to install it.
What program do I open it with?
How do i get into that musicbee folder you show

What seems easy to you will be hard to others..

I'm couldn't get past downloading it.
The winzip program software for windows 8.1 I downloaded does nothing

Will N. Dowd

I downloaded 7zip and then opened it. I selected the download I got from you, and selected the right destination source:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins

But when I hit OK I get a message that says:

ERROR: can not open output file

What am I doing wrong?

boroda

try to extract the content of archive to some temporary folder (eg desktop), then move files from temp folder to 'plugins' using widows explorer (it can elevate rights automatically).

Will N. Dowd

Oh dear that sounds complicated. If anyone wants to remotely control my laptop and do it for me I would be very grateful. Not sure what I can offer in return.

Cyano

Oh dear that sounds complicated. If anyone wants to remotely control my laptop and do it for me I would be very grateful. Not sure what I can offer in return.

The full instructions.

Download the ZIP File from MediaFire.
Open the downloaded file with 7-ZIP.
Click on the button "extract" and extract it to the Desktop by clicking the '...' button.
Close 7-ZIP and go to the Desktop.
You'll see two files "mb_LinkSysVolume.dll" and "CoreAudioApi.dll"
Right click each file one at at time click on "Copy"
Open the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins" or wherever MusicBee is installed too.
Right Click, Paste each file into that folder.
It will ask you "Do you want to run with elevated privileges to copy." Say YES

You should end up with both files in the plugin folder.

Start MusicBee. Click Edit > Preferences > Plugins.
You'll see "mb system volume link"; It should be enabled automatically, if it is not click "enable" and restart musicbee
Otherwise, click on "Configure" and simply click 'Sync Volume'. I assume you'll want this automatically on MusicBee startup so click the checkbox.

If your still having trouble after following that, send me a PM with skype/teamviewer and I'll do it (attempt to do it first tho :) )

#edit After completing the steps, you can delete the files from the desktop.

Will N. Dowd

I made it work with some help from a young lady.

Thanks for your very detailed explanation, it made the difference.
Thank again too for making the plug in to begin with, i thought it would take months before it would come along.

1 more question. In your screen shot of MB preferences it shows a "winvolumelevel" plugin that appears to do the same thing.

What's the difference between it and yours?

Cyano

1 more question. In your screen shot of MB preferences it shows a "winvolumelevel" plugin that appears to do the same thing.

What's the difference between it and yours?

It is another plugin entirely.  I was experimenting designing some plugin ideas.

Basically what it does is when audio from another window plays it reduces MusicBee volume to the background (very quiet) until that audio source finishes.
The idea behind it was if you were browsing the internet and play a video, the musicbee volume reduces to the background until the video stops playing. Or during a game, you're listening to musicbee and dialogue starts, the audio is reduced until the dialogue finishes.  It's a similar idea to how Android handles audio (fades music on notification/other media)

So winvolumelevel is a entirely different plugin. If I even finish it I'll may release it.

Let me know if you have any problems with this plugin :)

Cyano.

Will N. Dowd

Works perfectly, I still think I'm dreaming!

If you know how to these things, maybe you can make a plug in that allows the EQ to be controlled by the cursor keys and mouse scroll wheel.
Right now the only way is by moving the mouse up and down while holding left button down, not very convenient or precise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Working great here, and carries over to MusicBee Remote volume control, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is the still one of my favorite plugins!  I've noticed that sometimes MB locks up when the audio device changes, though.  (Internal to external speakers, external to headphones, etc).  I don't know for sure it's this plugin, but it seems likely.  Don't know if you're still monitoring, just thought I'd mention it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Iasc

Does anyone have a copy of this plugin? The download link no longer works and the user is no longer on the forum.

doodlepapers

This should be a feature instead of a plugin imo

Also, I can't find the plugin either..

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't recall ever using this plugin. Or if I did, I removed it for some now-forgotten reason.

But I do have it. I have two copies in my archive - same version number, date, and file size. They may be exactly the same but with slightly different filenames. Use at your own risk.

If someone tries them and finds that one works and one does not, please let me know and I'll remove the non-worker from the ZIP. Or if both work, let me know and I'll remove one from the ZIP.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/znlht22m1thw2uv/Plugin_-_Link_System_%26_MusicBee_Volume.zip/file
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

doodlepapers

I don't recall ever using this plugin. Or if I did, I removed it for some now-forgotten reason.

But I do have it. I have two copies in my archive - same version number, date, and file size. They may be exactly the same but with slightly different filenames. Use at your own risk.

If someone tries them and finds that one works and one does not, please let me know and I'll remove the non-worker from the ZIP. Or if both work, let me know and I'll remove one from the ZIP.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/znlht22m1thw2uv/Plugin_-_Link_System_%26_MusicBee_Volume.zip/file

Thank you. Tried the first one and it works.

This plugin is incredible. I don't know why more people aren't using it.