Author Topic: Selecting Audio Sound Device Using Windows Remote Desktop  (Read 2120 times)

avianmanor

• Long Live Vinyl
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I last logged in to the forum ...... have been using and enjoying MB without a hitch for a long time, and couldn't be happier!

Recently purchased a small computer running Windows 8.1 -Had Music Bee installed, up and running in no time! I've selected an external high end USB DAC as an audio output, and this works superbly until I try to access Music Bee using Remote Desktop on my laptop -once logged in output stops completely, my USB DAC disappears from the list of audio devices under the player tab, and the only connect option is "Remote" which outputs MB via Remote Desktop to my laptop. I was hoping to be able to use Remote Desktop to control MB, but still output the audio to the USB DAC on the smaller stationary computer ....... kind of like an Apple airplay function. Does anyone have an idea if there are settings within Windows or MB that will continue to give me a full list of Connected Audio Devices even when I am connected via Remote Desktop?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Aaron

avianmanor

• Long Live Vinyl
Hello Again,

Well after a bit of trial and error  I'll answer my own question here -audio settings for remote and host computers are available in a drop down "options" tab right on the main Remote Desktop Screen ....... Daaaaaaaah!

Switched setting from "Play on This computer" to "Play on Host computer" and problem solved; hope this info might be useful to others at some future point in time.

Cheers!

Aaron