Author Topic: Sending to USB - ftrack order problem with on the fly conversion  (Read 4826 times)

cabg7

Hi I am a relatively new use of Music Bee - and it is a fantastic programme, Thank you.
One of the reasons I like it is that it is easy to export one format to USB drive - changing the format to MP3 - I do this to listen to music on my car stereo which only read MP3 off a USB , while my collection is in m4a - as I have migrated from itunes (which does not have this feature).
This works fine except in an  album with  > 10 songs track one seems to end up as track 3 when the stick  read by both  my car sony stereo and by my yamaha cd player  which has a USB input. The metadata seems correct for the files on the stick. has anyone else experienced this problem?
 The MP3 encoder is the recommended one by the Music Bee web site  - is it a bug in music  Bee - or the encoder?
I have considered looking at other music programmes to get around this problem  but quite frankly I don't want to as  - they just aren't as user friendly as music bee.   I would love a solution for this- as i like to listen to my album tracks in the right order. THANKS

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Are your track numbers in single digits (1, 2, etc) or padded (01, 02, etc)?
If only single figures, you might need to use the $Pad function in your sync settings naming template to add extra zeros.
Some players don't read the track# as a number but as a string.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

cabg7

Hi, I have checked and the track numbers are padded with 0s 01,01,03 etc. I have tried on original mp3 encoded by freerip from 10 years ago and no problem at all.  On the properties tab in windows explorer the tracks are numbered 1,2,3 in both the musicbee encoded  and the freerip encoded..  albums.  I am going to try to convert from mp3 to mp3 at a different bit rate with music bee and see what happens.

cabg7

OK tried converting old mp3 to new mp3 - same problem  - cd player plays track 1  3rd instead of 1st. I think it might be the encoder. will try to find an alternative encoder and see what happens.. any suggestions?

redwing

Are you talking about filenames or just track number tag values? If those devices read files alphabetically, then you will need to name them to start with track number. Also check if they read first copied track first disregarding filename.
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:30:56 AM by redwing

cabg7

you may be on to something there redwing - it appears that the  time the file was created  matches the order that they are played on my cd players usb reader. A diabolical situation -I would have thought it would read the file name or the mp3 tag. Amazingly stupid set up on the firmware.
So how to get the files copied in the right order to the usb stick? Can any  one come up with a fix for that? :o :o

redwing

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Sigma recommended the utility DriveSort here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9228.msg80302#msg80302.

I run it on my USB sticks I use in the car, after sync with MB.

EDIT
Oops. Sorry redwing. Was typing my reply while you were already posting.
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:09:43 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together