Author Topic: Musicbee 0xc000007b error on launch  (Read 4040 times)

arindamc

I probably woke up on the wrong side of my bed today. The app won't launch. I am using the latest version on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I am shown this error

http://postimg.org/image/4igudzzeb/

I wonder what went wrong. I used both the net framework and visual basic repair tool, even used the chkdisk tool as suggested in other forums but still no help

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1991597/windows-bit-error-0xc000007b.html

BTW, on another note, I thought being portable means that the software would work without any dependencies. Maybe I was wrong
Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:16:51 AM by arindamc

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried reinstalling MusicBee?

Being portable basically means you can use it without a regular installation, i.e. you can run it without administrator permissions.
Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:57:46 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

arindamc

What is there to reinstall? I am using the portable version ;) Dunno how can I uninstall and reinstall a portable app except to delete it which I did multiple times anyway

However I also tried the standalone installer but the same error happened. I also tried running it with admin permissions, running it in compatibility mode, but same thing. I have also reinstalled directx, visual basic, net framework

I guess all that is left to do is, if someone can tell me about the dependencies musicbee needs to run on windows I can start reinstalling them one by one
Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:03:12 AM by arindamc

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
What is there to reinstall? I am using the portable version

You still need to run the installer on the portable version.
This can be downloaded from here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/rt5jq4bb75v7inu/MusicBeePortable_2_4.zip

Portable just means it can be loaded to and run from an external drive without using the default Users/%user%/AppData folder.
All the normal cached files that MB uses will be in the MusicBee installation folder set up when running the installer.
Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:10:55 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

arindamc

Well I did that too but that didn't fix it. I guess the problem might not be with mb after all, maybe one or more of my computer's components is missing. Because another software I use keepass portable also seems to be unable to launch displaying the same error message. Anyways, until I can figure it out I have temporarily switched to foobar. I miss mb sure :( I am afraid though I have lost all my custom mb lists forever unless someone here volunteers to have them converted/exported for me to m3u format

Zak

• Global Moderator
My guess would be a problem with .net, but if reinstalling that didn't help, I'm not sure what else to suggest.  :(
If you can upload your playlists to a public file sharing site - maybe in a zip file - I'll be happy to convert them for you.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
doing a quick google for this error code, i would suggest its the result of some software you installed thats messed up the C++ runtime libraries which i believe .NET has a dependency on. You might try restoring your machine to the state it was before the last software you installed.

arindamc

My guess would be a problem with .net, but if reinstalling that didn't help, I'm not sure what else to suggest.  :(
If you can upload your playlists to a public file sharing site - maybe in a zip file - I'll be happy to convert them for you.

Thanks Zak. Will pm you. if I can ever get mb to work I wud at least make sure the playlists are in m3u from now on

redwing

I'd try, at least, reinstalling Windows before deciding to migrate to other apps when it's apparent something's broken with the machine.

@Steven:

You might want to consider offering a command line utility that can convert playlists from mbp to m3u format so that people could convert them without having to launch MB.