Author Topic: No cover pics when syncing to Windows Phone?  (Read 3450 times)

so_la_la

Hi, I have MB 2.5.5516 and a Windows Phone device. I have tried to sync the phone and the first time I had forgotten to untick the box 'do not copy cover jpgs' or whatever it is called.
So I connected my phone again, made sure the box was unchecked.
However the pics were not transfered to the phone (file manager did not show anything...)
So I connect my phone for the third time and this time told MB to embe the pics in the music files. However, WP - the standard music app - does still not display any covers.
So for some reason I think MB fails to transfer these pics.
What can I do to get them to my phone?
(Don't tell me to copy them per hand, I have 751 folders on the phone)
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Did you also check the "resize artwork to: 200px" option?
Windows Phone does have a known problem if embedded artwork is too large.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

so_la_la

Thanks,
yeah I have checked this box but on double checking the actual files on my phone I discovered that they did not have artwork embedded at all.
I guess giving MB the command to sync a phone where all the files are actually identical, MB will not replace files. The same goes for artwork in folders.

BTW: where did you get this latest version of MB?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
BTW: where did you get this latest version of MB?

It can be found on the 'Latest Version' board, in the last post on the 2.5 sub-board here:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13648.msg90296#msg90296

This will bring you up to version 2.5.5524.

If you apply the latest patch (always available here) it will bring you up to MB 2.5.5593
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

so_la_la

thanks for the link.
I have tried for one last time and now I have the old WP problem again ie that playlists appear twice after having synced them for a second time. No mercy for Windows Phone users...
And in addition, Musicbee did not delete old .ogg-files. I checked 'convert files' only the second time I synced.

so_la_la

So I reformatted the sd-card and tried anew.
Problems I encountered:
MB does not always preserve the settings you ticked. Each time I opened MB I had to tick 'transfer folder.jpg' again.
I have started to copy with the setting 'keep original file/folder-structure. This preserved the filename but all files were just copied to the root folder 'music'.
For unknown reasons the sync speed varies considerably. The first sync attempt was completed after 2 hrs, but I abandoned the current after 12 hrs and a mere 31% completed. Although the PC may have been in sleep mode for some time this is still fantastically long.

Steven

• Administrator
MB does not always preserve the settings you ticked. Each time I opened MB I had to tick 'transfer folder.jpg' again.
I have started to copy with the setting 'keep original file/folder-structure. This preserved the filename but all files were just copied to the root folder 'music'.
for the first that sounds like a bug i can fix

for the second the file paths are set to be relative to the root folder of your musicbee library, so if the files are in a completely different folder then it will do what you experience

but for the general slowness i wont be able to help.
I suggest you try another application such as mediamonkey

so_la_la

Thanks for getting back at me.
Obviously there are some shortcomings to the xbox music-app displayed by the fact that it does not show cover art the mix radio-app has no problems with.
The first I think really is a bug.
The second I could sort out.
Today i synced 25gb in 4 hrs which seems like a fair deal.