Author Topic: Easy Folder/File Moving  (Read 1733 times)

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
This are my suggestions to make the moving of folders more efficient:

Option A (might be easier to implement)
1. Ability to select multiple folders in Computer node
2. Add a "cut/paste" option to the right click context menu of selected folders (would love support for Ctrl+X / Ctrl+V). Currently, folders can only be moved by drag and drop in the computer node (which is very inefficient, especially if you have many folders and have to wait for the list to scroll up/down while you drag the folder).

Option B (might be harder to implement)
1. Add a tool that would essentially be a copy of Windows File Explorer/Apple Finder that allows you to manage music folders. When you rename/move/paste/ files using this "MusicBee File Explorer", the files don't show up as "missing" in MB and don't lose any of the data stored in the MB library (such as play count). Currently, if you rename/move files outside of MB, they show up as missing and when you relocate them, they lose their MB library data (play count, date added, etc).

Additional
When using "Right-click > Send to > Folder (move)" the window that pops lets you paste a folder path (instead of having to browse to it). Also, it would be good if you could not only move the audio files but the folders that they are in (show the "send to" option when right clicking albums and artist in MB).
Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:23:49 AM by Jorge24
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!