Author Topic: Search by Lyric doesn't work  (Read 2253 times)

musicguy

Hi, I installed the latest build of Musicbee on a friend's computer, but when she goes to search by any lyrics nothing pops up. Anyone know why that wouldn't work? It's totally fine when I use it on my computer.

Also I can't get rid of the top columns that say Artist, Song, and Genre. I can get rid of two but the third I can't remove. Any ideas?

Sorry and I should mention that when I search all fields, it WILL pull up lyrics.
Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:42:31 PM by musicguy

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi, I installed the latest build of Musicbee on a friend's computer, but when she goes to search by any lyrics nothing pops up. Anyone know why that wouldn't work? It's totally fine when I use it on my computer.
Click on the down arrow next to the magnifying glass in search box.  Select 'search specific fields" then 'set search fields.'  Look in the left column for 'lyrics' and drag it to the right column.

Also I can't get rid of the top columns that say Artist, Song, and Genre. I can get rid of two but the third I can't remove. Any ideas?
If you're trying to eliminate -all- column headers, I don't think that can be done.  At least one must be present.  (I think.)
If you're just trying to get rid of the three you mentioned (and others will still exist) then right-click on one of the headers and select 'select displayed fields.'  Drag what you don't want from the right column to the left column.  

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

musicguy

Yep I have lyrics selected and activated, still nothing. So weird!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Do you mean the column browser, genre/artist/album?  You can tune that off with the menu next to the search box.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)