Author Topic: Love / Ban  (Read 3233 times)

DELTA-GREEN

Yeah so... when you right-click on a song and hover over rating there are love/ban options in addition to the star-ratings. What does this do? I set a couple songs to love and noticed a quick refresh on the music list, but no other changes as far as I can tell. Doesn't even seem to give it any special status in the Top Rated smart-list.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Love/Ban is a feature specific to last.fm.  If you're not logged in to last.fm you can use it for your own purposes, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DELTA-GREEN

Love/Ban is a feature specific to last.fm.  If you're not logged in to last.fm you can use it for your own purposes, though.
Oh okay.

Well, since I'm not logged into last.fm, what is it actually doing when I click on it? And does whatever it's doing require a persistent internet connection?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, since I'm not logged into last.fm, what is it actually doing when I click on it? And does whatever it's doing require a persistent internet connection?

The data is just saved to the MB database, and shouldn't require an internet connection.  (It might try to make a connection to reach last.fm, though.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)