Author Topic: Backing up specific data, could use assistance  (Read 1936 times)

keanex

Hey guys I read the article on backing up Musicbee but in my "Library" folder there is only playlists. It doesn't seem to house any of the data I'm requiring to be backed up.

I want my skin/settings backed up as well as my library including playcount and ratings. Maybe my tired mind is missing what to do in the article, but I don't see anything of importance in my Library folder, namely MusicBeeLibrary.mbl or MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini in-fact I don't see these anywhere. Sorry for the mundane likely boring question, but I appreciate the help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's very strange! 

If you right click on "Library" in the navigation panel, and go to "Choose Library", does the path shown there for your library match the path you're looking at on your harddrive?  Also, have you tried a search in Windows Explorer for "MusicBeeLibrary"?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

keanex

That's very strange! 

If you right click on "Library" in the navigation panel, and go to "Choose Library", does the path shown there for your library match the path you're looking at on your harddrive?  Also, have you tried a search in Windows Explorer for "MusicBeeLibrary"?

http://i.imgur.com/rmK3F8P.png

No option to choose library when right clicked in navigation or this window.

phred

• Global Moderator
That's very strange! 

No option to choose library when right clicked in navigation or this window.
Please re-read psychoadept's suggestion.  You need to right-click on LIBRARY in the left-side navigation panel.  Then select 'choose library.'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here