Author Topic: Arsenic  (Read 30628 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
ATTENTION!
This skin has been updated for use with MusicBee 3.1 beta.
It is not compatible with version 2.5 or earlier.

An all grey skin using only different shades of the colour Arsenic

Arsenic

Updates

August 9, 2017: now XMLC extension skin
  • MB3.1 RC1 update;
  • (Dark) variation now separate skin topic 'Arsenic Atratum';
  • changed icons for high DPI screens;
  • changed tabs colouring;
  • themed No Artwork and Unknown Artist images updated;
  • icons updated.

May 15, 2016:
  • MB3 release update;
  • (Dark) variation part of main release;
  • splash screen and larger images optimised for smaller file size;
  • minor icon changes & additions;
  • 'highlight' scrollbars added.

February 7, 2016:
  • MB3 beta update
  • icons updated plus some new additions
  • lighter colour for track info on player bar
  • No Artwork and Unknown Artist images added

Downloads

Arsenic available from MediaFire here

Arsenic(Dark) is now Arsenic Atratum; see here

This skin will use the 'mBee10_Note' icon from vpsaxman MB10 icon set available here
Skins installation guide can be found on the wiki
Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:11:50 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

saumojit

This is lovely. Much appreciated!

Bee-liever

Thanks for the feedback  :)
Glad you like it.

saumojit

Yes it's a lovely change from the DarkCyan I used for ages. Your skin makes the text so much more readable. :)
However, I would like to change the color of "Playing Track And Artist" info to white., makes it stand out a bit.
Can I do it myself?

Bee-liever

"Playing Track And Artist" info to white

If you mean the RH panel, search for id="Panel.ChildBody.Default" in the .xml, change the fg value to "255,255,255" and that will make the text white.

saumojit

Hey thanks, sorry I said it wrong. I meant the Artist and Track info above the Progress Bar. How do I change that to white?
Setting the RH Panel text to white also looks great, btw. :) Look below.

http://i.imgur.com/5i1HcJ6.jpg?1

Bee-liever

Not a bad looking modification at all  :)

For the player bar text, id="PlayerFlat.DisplayPanel" is the element to change.

saumojit

boroda

bee-liever, i forgot to say thank you. this skin is looking great with "Arsenic" windowblinds theme (skinning widow borders is off). :)

Bee-liever

not a problem, boroda74 :)
and I didn't even know they made an 'Arsenic' windowblinds theme.  Serendipity I suppose ;)

unclnis

An all grey skin using only different shades of the colour Arsenic

Arsenic

Downloads

Skin available from MediaFire here

This skin will use the 'mBee10_Note' icon from vpsaxman MB10 icon set available here

More information and other skins can be found on the wiki

Hey Bee-liver,

Congrats on the great looking skin!
I have a couple of questions regarding elements I didn't get when I installed your skin. Can you please explain how did you get the "YYYY" element appear next to the vertical A-Z jumper bar? and also the "Released" date on the upper right side of each album in the main area?

Thanks a lot!

Bee-liever

Can you please explain how did you get the "YYYY" element appear next to the vertical A-Z jumper bar?

It's not the A-Z jumper bar really.  It's the column browser, 2 columns - vertical. One with "YYYY" and the other using a virtual tag "A-Z" [$Group($Sort(<Album Artist>),1)].  Can't take the credit for this one, came from the post here

and also the "Released" date on the upper right side of each album in the main area?

Thanks a lot!

The "Released:" date is a combination of a custom tag and a virtual tag.  I have a custom tag <Release Date Sort> with the format YYYYMMDD that I have set up to use for sorting.

This allows for the use 20150000 if you only know the year, or 20150200 if you don't know the exact day. Something that can't be done if you use the year/date tag.

I then set up the virtual tag "Release Date" with formula;
Code
Released: $If($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4)=0000,<YYYY>,$If($Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=00,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=01,"Jan "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=02,"Feb "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=03,"Mar "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=04,"Apr "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=05,"May "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=06,"Jun "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=07,"Jul "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=08,"Aug "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=09,"Sep "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=10,"Oct "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=11,"Nov "<YYYY>,"Dec "<YYYY>))))))))))),$If($Left($Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2),1)=0,$Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),1),$Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2))" "$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=01,"Jan "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=02,"Feb "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=03,"Mar "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=04,"Apr "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=05,"May "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=06,"Jun "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=07,"Jul "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=08,"Aug "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=09,"Sep "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=10,"Oct "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=11,"Nov "<YYYY>,"Dec "<YYYY>)))))))))))))
to convert to the format DD Mon YYYY.

It can then be used in the "Album and Tracks Layout" for the RH grouping header.
Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:14:16 PM by Bee-liever

unclnis

Thanks a lot,
that worked great.

Best,
Tom  ;D

WannaBee

Bee-liever: "Arsenic" is an absolutely marvellous skin, alongside others you have designed. Is "Arsenic" slated for redesign for MusicBee 3? What about the others?

Thanks.

Bee-liever

@ WannaBee
I will be culling a few skins (based on their download stats) as I do the redesigns for MB3.
But don't worry, Arsenic won't be one of them :)

BTW, thanks for the compliment on my skins.