Author Topic: Filters vs New (Additional) Library  (Read 9344 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I believe the goal is to include the track even if "comedy" is present.  So excluding only those tracks where comedy.is the ONLY genre.
Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:17:03 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

Short answer - yes. Using this new found knowledge (which I'd never thought of), can anyone think of a way to get "Genre is only x" (i.e., no multiple genres)?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Short answer - yes. Using this new found knowledge (which I'd never thought of), can anyone think of a way to get "Genre is only x" (i.e., no multiple genres)?

Using Genes as a virtual tag, that could.be done with regex.

Added: actually, to get "genre is NOT only x", it might be easier to use the virtual tag to do the check, with a $Match function, and then filter based on the result (I.e. Y/N as the output of the virtual tag).

I think a wishlist request to be able to use Genres in filters is in order, either way.
Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:27:33 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I believe the goal is to include the track even if "comedy" is present.  So excluding only those tracks where comedy.is the ONLY genre.

Yep. I see now I had it round the wrong way. Was trying to exclude 'Comedy' from Comedy; Rock'.

can anyone think of a way to get "Genre is only x" (i.e., no multiple genres)?

If <Genres> is set up as a virtual tag you can use the regex ^((?!;).)*$ to exclude files with multiple genre tags
( ^((?!my string).)*$ = does not contain "my string" )
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If <Genres> is set up as a virtual tag you can use the regex ^((?!;).)*$ to exclude files with multiple genre tags

Aha!  I knew there was a way to get "not" with regex, but I wasn't in a good position to look it up earlier.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
can anyone think of a way to get "Genre is only x" (i.e., no multiple genres)?
If I understand this correctly, this doesn't accomplish my goal.  My album is tagged "comedy; rock".  If "my string" were set to "comedy" than tracks tagged with this formula would show up because the tag -does- contain "comedy."

For the record, I did accomplish what I wanted thanks to psychoadept's response in reply #10.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Pingaware

Added: actually, to get "genre is NOT only x", it might be easier to use the virtual tag to do the check, with a $Match function, and then filter based on the result (I.e. Y/N as the output of the virtual tag).

This is similar to what I already do. Was just wondering if there was an easier way - turns out there isn't.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.