Author Topic: Organization Recomendation - PC and Phone  (Read 1513 times)

edlanter

Hello - A fairly new user of MB so apologies if this has been covered. I did a few searched in the forum before posting however. Ok, here are the basics of what I would like to do and I am looking for feedback on how others handle this scenario.
- I have my primary music collection where all my devises get their content
- I have an on phone I use as my mp3 player in the car which needs updating from time to time
- I have other devices in addition to the car player that I'll use with music be device sync once I decide on the best way.

Should I use the two library function, main and mp3 player, or should I use one library and create a playlist or some other way of removing and adding content using the sync. My initial stab at this was using two libraries, but I ran into what I'm discovering is a newbie problem. I had the mp3 player library (library b) set up to autosync on startup, but once I had it synced, I moved back to the main library ( library a ). So today I decided to put the whiplash soundtrack into library b. I connected the device, opened MB and it started syncing as advertised, BUT I hadn't switched to library b so it started to sync my library a to my devise. This led to this post. I hope I explained what I am trying to accomplish and what I am trying to set up to not happen again. I did set up library b to sync my device manually for now.

Any input is much appreciated and I am thrilled there are still high quality open source solution to my obsession if organizing, tagging, and syncing my music.

Thanks,

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would definitely say stick with one library and sync the devices from it.  Having multiple libraries is more likely to cause problems, as you've discovered.

The only time I've created an actual library from a portable device was when I was accessing the music I synced at home from a computer at work, so the synced files were the only ones available.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
high quality open source solution
It's free but it's not open source.
Bee excellent to each other...