Author Topic: Not all playlists synced to Android phone  (Read 2861 times)

sageleader

On my device settings in MusicBee I check about 10 playlists (some auto, some regular) to sync with my phone. Only 4 of them end up getting synced, even though all the music is there. I tried M3U and PLA formats. I'm using an HTC One and the stock Music app. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you see any pattern to which playlists show up?  Like, is it only the auto playlists or only the static playlists?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sageleader

There is no pattern that I can tell. The only ones are Recently Played, Recently Added, one auto playlist and one regular playlist. Maybe it has something to do with symbols? Because the only 2 playlists that appear in my playlist folder on the phone are ones that have the ยป icon in the playlist title.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you mean they're playlist folders?  I've usually been able to sync those okay, but it might be related.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I tried M3U and PLA formats. I'm using an HTC One and the stock Music app. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Try using M3U8 for the playlists.  That's what I use for my Droid and haven't had any issues since I switched.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sageleader

The playlists aren't folders, no. Just regular playlists. How do I select M3U8 as the option? In MusicBee I believe I can only select PLA or M3U as sync options.

phred

• Global Moderator
The playlists aren't folders, no. Just regular playlists. How do I select M3U8 as the option? In MusicBee I believe I can only select PLA or M3U as sync options.
Edit > Prefereences > Devices > (select device) > Configure > Settings > Playlist Storage > Save as Format and use the drop-down to select M3U8
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sageleader

Wow that worked, amazing! Only issue now is that all the playlists are empty except for 2. All my music is there but not in playlists. Suggestions?