Author Topic: Autocomplete not finding album artist "Various"  (Read 2549 times)

daver88

For multi artist albums I use "Various" as the Album Artist. When i edit this field for files in the Inbox the autocomplete dropdown does not find "Various" but shows "Various Artists" which i never use.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You don't by any chance have the "iTunes compilation" box checked in Sorting/Grouping preferences?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm.  So much for that idea.  :)

What if you do a search for "Various Artists"?  Maybe there's a track somewhere that already has that tag?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

yellowroad23

I use Various Artists (itunes thing is unchecked) but very very rarely I get autocomplete to show me Various Artists.
I have to update this statement.
It seems that after updating this morning this problem was fixed but I didn't edit any file today so I haven't noticed.

redwing

Looks like a bug. Probably it has something to do with that it's a single word when there are other entries starting with the same word. For instance, when you have "John Lennon" and "John" as album artist, the list doesn't show "John" as an available item. I'd suggest you post a bug report.