Author Topic: Disable Musicbee Volume Control Please  (Read 11788 times)

Will N. Dowd

I've been playing around with MB a lot today and it's very impressive.
I especially like that the song rating system has half star increments, which is why I'm considering dumping MJ14, which only has standard 5 stars.

The only issue I have is their is no option for system volume control like in MJ14.

I only use USB speakers, since they allow for 1 global volume control, as long as the software is compatible.
So the pc's, software's, or speakers volume controls behave as one. Adjust either one and they all move in sync together.
It's more convenient and better sound quality. If MB had this it would be perfect.

So MB wins the rating system, but loses the volume control option.

Please consider adding system volume as an improvement.
The less volume controls the better.
Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1, I always leave  MB's internal volume at.max and use system volume.  Would be nice if they were linked, especially since the mb.remote can control the volume, but only affects MB's volume.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Spiron

I am actually going to say that I don't agree with this.  One of the uses I have for my music player is to play podcasts while I play computer games.  It makes some of them a whole lot less boring.  However even with their own adjustable controls quite often their sounds are quiet and so I have to turn the system volume up.  This makes the podcasts too loud to listen to so I drop the MusicBee volume and all is good. 

Will N. Dowd

The best solution for everyone is the MJ/MC style volume control, where you have application, internal, or system volume control options. Choose the one that's right for you and your system. Right now, MB only has one option, and is behind MJ/MC in that regard. MB users that have speakers that take power AND signal via USB should download the free MJ14, set the volume mode to system and try it out yourself, global volume is awesome. You can also try the other modes and you will see how good it is. If they can do it MB can too. You'll probably miss the half star ratings though. It is always good to try out other software just to see how it compares, that way you can suggest more features to your current favorite one.

tumpin

+1 from me. Would be good to have the option to disable the volume control. I have a monitor controller so I dont need the computer volume at all, it just causes mix ups.
Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:43:17 AM by tumpin

boroda

Why you just don't set mb volume to 100%? it will have the same effect as disabling volume control.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Why you just don't set mb volume to 100%? it will have the same effect as disabling volume control.

I can't speak for anyone else, but since the remote app can only control volume within MB, I can't do both.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tumpin

Every so often I find that the volume is changed. Maybe its from turning down in another app or somehting but to be able to just disable it would be nice.

angrymadcat

I use volume control for gaming, so NO, i need this feature, maybe an option to hide it??

Will N. Dowd

I'm still hoping for that system volume feature like MJ/MC, where the MB volume control syncs with the PC and when you adjust one, it adjusts the other in unison. Disabling it would be okay too, but that would mean you could only control it from the PC, not MB, which would not be as convenient.

I visited a friend of mine recently and he was using a mess of 3 volume controls! He was using MJ14 like me, but didn't have the volume set on system, so he had 1 volume control for the music player, another volume control for the PC, and another for his speakers. I corrected his MJ settings to his delight so he is now down to 2 volume controls. I recommended he get USB speakers with volume sync to get that down to one, like I have. It just sounds better and is easier to use.

If MB had that function I think it would be perfect, and I would switch to it from MJ14. Until then MJ14 soldiers on for me even though it's development ended long ago and it is stuck on 5 star song ratings with no half stars.

lnminente

I was going to suggest you running MB in compatibility mode with Windows XP to get what you want. But i tried it and didn't work because MB seems to have implemented it's own volume control.
I did a test with 1by1, and when changing the volume inside the program, the slider of 1by1 in the windows mixer also moves proportionally. If were possible having that behavior in MB you could get what you want running it in compatibility mode.

Cyano

I also wanted a feature like this.
Since it would be useful to me, I made a simple plugin that links MusicBee and System Volume Levels together like you suggested.

The thread for it is in the plugin forum. Or Click Here

Cyano.

franche

So the pc's, software's, or speakers volume controls behave as one. Adjust either one and they all move in sync together.
It's more convenient and better sound quality. If MB had this it would be perfect.

I agree with you..

--------------------
etui cuir sony xperia z4
Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:40:00 AM by franche