Author Topic: MusicBee for iPhone???  (Read 4536 times)

Jagoble

Now that I've basically given up on iTunes all together, is there a chance of a MusicBee iPhone app? And the possibility to sync and backup my phone to MusicBee rather than iTunes?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suggest doing a search for iPhone on the wiki (see my signature), and then one on the forum if you still have questions.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Now that I've basically given up on iTunes all together, is there a chance of a MusicBee iPhone app?
Nope. MusicBee is a .NET program which means it will remain Windows only for the foreseeable future, despite the number of requests for mobile versions, Linux versions, Mac versions, OS/2 Warp versions...
Bee excellent to each other...

phred

• Global Moderator
Pretty funny, Zak.  I guess I'm not the only one here who remembers OS/2.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

When it comes to syncing to iDevices, no apps can do better than iTunes since that's the app's primary mission. You can always look for a third-party syncing app, but the chances are that it won't be much worth your time and effort. In fact, I had to factory-reset my iPhone several times while trying such apps. Do everything else with MB, but you will still need iTunes for syncing as long as you have an iDevice. The good news is that MB and iTunes can communicate quite well by exporting and importing. Here are some guides I wrote:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13748.0
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11800.0