Author Topic: Problem when I search  (Read 3632 times)

markzzz

Let say I have a Library with 2000+ tracks.
Now, I'm searching for "2015" in the top/left. It "filters" and show to me (let say) 10 tracks.

When I select the one I want and I go in the kitchen, it will "shuffle" between these 10 tracks, not the whole library.

What I mean is: how can I quickly select a single track in the library, so I can play it immediatly and than it will continue with the rest of the Library?

i.e. using "search" to just highlights a specific song, or "double clicking it" on the filtered result, jump to it from the "Now Playing", not clean and loads the current filtered results as "Now Playing".

Is it possible?
Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:57:42 AM by markzzz

Roadrunner

You could right-click the one track you'd like to play and choose "Queue Next" (or Ctrl-Shift-Enter) followed by the Next-Track button (or Ctrl-NumPlus) to skip the current playing title.

markzzz

You could right-click the one track you'd like to play and choose "Queue Next" (or Ctrl-Shift-Enter) followed by the Next-Track button (or Ctrl-NumPlus) to skip the current playing title.
Uhm, that's a little bit mechanical. On winamp was easy: there was a plugin, called "jump to track". Which just pre-select tracks and you can choose "where to jump".

Not possible in MusicBee?

Roadrunner

Not sure, what you mean by "mechanical", if it's just 2 hot keys away (you could also drag and drop instead, if you prefer), but try to search for "winamp jump" in this forum and you might find some solutions suitable to you, mainly the "Now Playing Assistant".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Let say I have a Library with 2000+ tracks.
Now, I'm searching for "2015" in the top/left. It "filters" and show to me (let say) 10 tracks.

When I select the one I want and I go in the kitchen, it will "shuffle" between these 10 tracks, not the whole library.

What I mean is: how can I quickly select a single track in the library, so I can play it immediatly and than it will continue with the rest of the Library?

i.e. using "search" to just highlights a specific song, or "double clicking it" on the filtered result, jump to it from the "Now Playing", not clean and loads the current filtered results as "Now Playing".

Is it possible?

I think you just need to change you settings in Now Playing Preferences to "queue selected tracks and play now".  That will add tracks to the Now Playing list without disturbing the rest of the list.

See this page for.help: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Now_Playing_Preferences
Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:46:48 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

markzzz

I think you just need to change you settings in Now Playing Preferences to "queue selected tracks and play now".  That will add tracks to the Now Playing list without disturbing the rest of the list.

See this page for.help: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Now_Playing_Preferences
Seems this could works. The problem is that it "duplicates" elements.
So every time I click on a track, the whole Library increase...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can also search within the Now Playing List.  Just click in it and start typing what you b want.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
did you google Now Playing Assistant as suggested? Sounds to me like thats what you are asking for

markzzz

did you google Now Playing Assistant as suggested? Sounds to me like thats what you are asking for
Yes, but seems that what I'm trying to achieve it's not possible on MusicBee. The option in Now Playing would be "add tracks from the current Music Library Filter (not the seach one) and play the clicked one.

Otherwise, it will deal always deal with not the same list of the current main/filter (the ones added by clicking New Filter in the library section).
That's all...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think I understand what you're asking for, if none of these options does it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)