Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248606 times)

Steven

• Administrator
works fine if you don't have "Always on Top" turned on
it works fine for me either way and i cant see how that would make a difference. Can anyone else confirm this?
edit:
are you refering to the volume popup that is used when the mini-player width is too narrow. In that case yes there appears to be some problems.
Thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:15:58 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

I just tried 'Scan folders for new files'
and i'm gettting Errors occured during the file scan - please see the log in the View/Error Log Menu.
The ErrorLog.dat file produced was enormous: 72 MB (I deleted it just before the procedure, to make sure it only contains the new log)
and inside it there was a
Code
System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
for every audio file in my library, i.e. no file was recognized,
i will need to give you a debug version but can you clarify exactly what was logged. Was it:
XXXXX - System.NullReferenceException:Object ...
where XXXXX is the filename
or was it an actual error dump and if so could you send me that dump for just one file

and were all those files new or updated externally; or should only a few new files been added?

Steven

• Administrator
If I do a search in the search box and then restart MB, the main filter comes up with the custom view I use in the search node.

I'm also seeing this happening between different filters, but I haven't pinned down exactly when.  It's not just restarting MB.
i can reproduce this and fixed for when you exit MB with the search results displayed. If it is happening in other circumstances, you would need to let me know what you did as there is no obvious reason looking at the code

Steven

• Administrator
I cannot seem to find the option to customise the 'Displayed Tabs' in the 'Now Playing' section. I would like to set up the page to show the same tabs that appear in 2.5 (e.g. Last.fm, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc.)
In general i am moving MB away from hosting a web browser inside of MB.
Currently its only available in the now playing bar and i was thinking or removing from there as well. I dont want to add it to the "Now Playing" node although i could add a right click context menu, which then opens the wikipedia or other link in your default browser.
Would that work for you?

Mephisto

In the first sreenshot of this topic, the Inbox tab was displaying the number of files in the inbox. Is this feature possible to add?

Also, when drag&dropping files from the windows exporer to musicbee inbox, the artwork column is not accepted as dropping area, it need to be a text column (like artist or album). Can it be changed?

Still in the inbox, when right-clicking on an artist thumbnail in the thumbnail browser, would it be possible to add 'send to>Music Library'?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
are you refering to the volume popup that is used when the mini-player width is too narrow. In that case yes there appears to be some problems.

Yep. That was the scenario I was experiencing

with the per tab layout settings, the auto-open setting gets overridden if you manually open/close the left or right sidebar.
IMO, what you apply and save in the panels configuration should be held so that when you return to that panel again, it's what you originally set up.  If you occasionally lock open a panel in a view that is set to hide (auto-open), then when you close it, it should return to that auto-open setting.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Mephisto

I cannot seem to find the option to customise the 'Displayed Tabs' in the 'Now Playing' section. I would like to set up the page to show the same tabs that appear in 2.5 (e.g. Last.fm, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc.)
In general i am moving MB away from hosting a web browser inside of MB.
Currently its only available in the now playing bar and i was thinking or removing from there as well. I dont want to add it to the "Now Playing" node although i could add a right click context menu, which then opens the wikipedia or other link in your default browser.
Would that work for you?

About this, I consider the possibility to check informations about the artists within Musicbee without having to open a new browser window/tab as one of the best features available, since I often work with several dozens of tabs already opened in my browser, so that would be a shame for Musicbee to get rid of that.

darkred

I just tried 'Scan folders for new files'
and i'm gettting Errors occured during the file scan - please see the log in the View/Error Log Menu.
The ErrorLog.dat file produced was enormous: 72 MB (I deleted it just before the procedure, to make sure it only contains the new log)
and inside it there was a
Code
System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
for every audio file in my library, i.e. no file was recognized,
i will need to give you a debug version but can you clarify exactly what was logged. Was it:
XXXXX - System.NullReferenceException:Object ...
where XXXXX is the filename
or was it an actual error dump and if so could you send me that dump for just one file

and were all those files new or updated externally; or should only a few new files been added?

It's an actual error dump. I just sent you my ErrorLog.dat (as .rar, 0.4 MB) via pm

Steven

• Administrator
It's an actual error dump. I just sent you my ErrorLog.dat (as .rar, 0.4 MB) via pm
thats fixed for the next update. It would have only happened on the 2nd or more times you used the scanner in one session

with the per tab layout settings, the auto-open setting gets overridden if you manually open/close the left or right sidebar.
IMO, what you apply and save in the panels configuration should be held so that when you return to that panel again, it's what you originally set up.  If you occasionally lock open a panel in a view that is set to hide (auto-open), then when you close it, it should return to that auto-open setting.
i have made a change so that if you choose auto-hide, it will remember that preference the next time you open and then close then panel with the panel flip buttons. Anyone upgrading will have have the old v2.5 preferenced carried into each tab

In the first sreenshot of this topic, the Inbox tab was displaying the number of files in the inbox. Is this feature possible to add?
there is now a notifications icon that displays when new podcasts are downloaded and new files added to the inbox. You can see the count by mouse-over or clicking that icon. The current behavior is for the icon to close once you have visiited the Inbox node

Still in the inbox, when right-clicking on an artist thumbnail in the thumbnail browser, would it be possible to add 'send to>Music Library'?
thats included in the next update, along with supporting drag/drop
Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:38:43 PM by Steven

Mephisto

there is now a notifications icon that displays when new podcasts are downloaded and new files added to the inbox. You can see the count by mouse-over or clicking that icon. The current behavior is for the icon to close once you have visiited the Inbox node

Given I have a lot of downloaded podcasts i did not listen to yet, this icon is always displayed, hence my interest in having the information in the tab header. Now that you mention it, I would not be opposed to the same feature for the podcasts tab...

Also, I just noticed that when you edit the tab header and click on another tab instead of pressing enter, the header of the second tab is edited.
Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:52:55 PM by Mephisto

Steven

• Administrator
fixes and changes as described above

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

darkred

thats fixed for the next update. It would have only happened on the 2nd or more times you used the scanner in one session
Thank you for fixing this!

One minor issue:
in v2.5 after I pressed 'Ins' (to make the "Scan Folders For New Files" appear) I could then press 'Enter' to immediately start the procedure.
Now, in v3 when I press 'Enter' (after 'Ins') it doesn't work, so I have to click the 'Proceed' button via mouse.

Mephisto

This is a bit of a problem since I sometimes close MB with files in the inbox. So when I restart MB, the files are still here, but there is no indication of that.

Also, when drag&dropping files from the windows exporer to musicbee inbox, the artwork column is not accepted as dropping area, it need to be a text column (like artist or album). Can it be changed?

I just tried the new version and the problem is still here.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
there is now a notifications icon that displays when new podcasts are downloaded and new files added to the inbox. You can see the count by mouse-over or clicking that icon. The current behavior is for the icon to close once you have visiited the Inbox node.

Ah, now I understand the behavior of that little icon.  Since I usually have the left sidebar open, it's a bit redundant to me. Would be nice if it disappeared when the left sidebar is showing.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Ah, now I understand the behavior of that little icon.  Since I usually have the left sidebar open, it's a bit redundant to me. Would be nice if it disappeared when the left sidebar is showing.
i did consider that but then i imagined some people getting confused and wondering where it had gone or why it does not appear. It does have some use in that you are alerted when a new podcast is downloaded. I might change it though

In regards to the browser links (wikipedia, last.fm, etc) i will probably either create a new plugin or ehance the existing web browser plugin so the a web browser would be accessible from the left navigatpr to open in a tab and it would automatically update as the playing artist changes