Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233775 times)

Steven

• Administrator
If you apply hide to one tab, and try to apply hide (auto-open) to another tab, the first tab also becomes hide again. Both tabs are locked (or at least they are in 2.5 - haven't found out how it works in 3 yet!).
thats actually the same as v2.5 because for historic reasons the auto-hide aspect is a global setting and not maintained per tab.
edit:
this behavior is corrected for the next update
Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:24:36 PM by Steven

Spiron

There is another bug related to one that I reported a while ago about the thumbnail browser and the album covers view.  Probably two separate bugs really but they seem similar enough.  With the Album Covers view for the main panel in use if you click Play Now on any of the entries in the Thumbnail Browser it plays everything in the library or library filter.  The other three options just utilize the data that is supposed to be there.  Next bug is that in the same setup if you click play now on one of the album covers it will also play the entire library or library filter BUT this time it start on that album that you selected.  Like before the queue options work the way they're supposed to.

Pingaware

Auto-shutdown of computer doesn't seem to work in MB3 (with "at end of playlist" selected). MB doesn't close and computer doesn't shut down.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
One thing I just noticed is that,
in main panel|files (provided that you have set it as 'Albums|Album covers' in the dropdown menu)
if an album is not rectangle, then it's aligned to the left. Until now(and in v2.5) it was aligned in the center.
that is the new intended behavior. However if enough people complain i will probably make it an option but i want to avoid adding new options

hiccup

It's close to impossible to adjust the volume slider in the mini player without accidentally moving the whole player.

hiccup

When in compact player, there used to be the option 'customize panel settings' in the context menu when right-clicking the artwork or the player pane. That's gone now. is that intentional?

9ido

With the last update, the wavebar in the main panel is no longer drawn, just a solid grey bar that is normally only there for a moment while the program is calculating the image. It just stay like that now all the time. Clicking anywhere on it (while playing) does not do anything either. Before it always was fine, since last update is has not worked anymore, so I guess something is probably changed to cause this.

Sid

@sid, as phred says thats an old version. Where did you get it from so i can update the link

@Steven, my version was from several months ago and the link you have is updated there. I'm checking out the latest one now. Thanks ^_^

hiccup

Column browser covers the player bar when minimizing the whole window vertically:

Steven

• Administrator
With the last update, the wavebar in the main panel is no longer drawn
i just reuploaded - it should work now

Steven

• Administrator
When in compact player, there used to be the option 'customize panel settings' in the context menu when right-clicking the artwork or the player pane. That's gone now. is that intentional?
i am avoiding using right click on panels to activate the customise panel as its not consistent accross all panels or good in some panels. Its always accessible from the selector button at the top of each panel

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the above, except ankors issues for which i need the settings file. I am also aware of some issues in some cases when resizing panels which i will look at tomorrow

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

i also added an option into the Artwork layout dialog to set whether text is centered or left aligned

Pingaware

Auto-hide/hide bug and "displayed" bug are both fixed. Haven't checked auto-shutdown yet, I'll let you know.

Another bug to report - if a filter is set to match "any" rule, it appears to default to match "all" rules on a restart.

There still seems to be a selection bug. Currently, you can't use shift to select a new subsection of songs while also holding control. I can explain this much better with a GIF if needs be!
Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:39:14 AM by Pingaware
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
Another bug to report - if a filter is set to match "any" rule, it appears to default to match "all" rules on a restart.
i cant reproduce this. Can anyone else confirm either way?
Maybe send me the filter file in case its something more obscure.

hiccup

i cant reproduce this. Can anyone else confirm either way?

Yes, I can confirm this error.