Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248488 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I've noticed that when using the computer node (left sidebar) - Show Filtered Folders Only + Include Files from Sub-Folders.
If you go to Manage Folders> Choose Filtered Folders and de-select a sub-folder, when you return to the Computer Node, all folders in that branch have been expanded and can't be closed.
Re-selecting the sub-folder returns tree hierarchy to normal.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Mephisto

Hi, I'm having troubles with the demo versions I tried (the last 3 at least). When I start a song, it stop playing 4 seconds before the end, thus keeping the next song from starting.
Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:30:10 PM by Mephisto

Pingaware

This is not new to 3.0, but has come up recently in my exploring.  When using dashes, single-quotes and double-quotes in searches, MB can only find the "plain" version of the mark.  It won't find "smart quotes" in my tags using the quote keys, and it can't find whatever other kind of dash there is that looks exactly like a normal dash but isn't (in the search box, quotes don't really work because I think it's looking for a phrase, but try a custom search).  In any case, these seem like things that MB should be able to search for together, just like it can find diacritics.  I can provide some example files, if needed.

Do you mean MB has trouble with the different Unicode versions of apostrophes and the like? I've also observed that - it's frustrating, but I got round the problem by just eliminating the one type from my library and keeping a filter to find files with any tags containing the wrong one in.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is not new to 3.0, but has come up recently in my exploring.  When using dashes, single-quotes and double-quotes in searches, MB can only find the "plain" version of the mark.  It won't find "smart quotes" in my tags using the quote keys, and it can't find whatever other kind of dash there is that looks exactly like a normal dash but isn't (in the search box, quotes don't really work because I think it's looking for a phrase, but try a custom search).  In any case, these seem like things that MB should be able to search for together, just like it can find diacritics.  I can provide some example files, if needed.

Do you mean MB has trouble with the different Unicode versions of apostrophes and the like? I've also observed that - it's frustrating, but I got round the problem by just eliminating the one type from my library and keeping a filter to find files with any tags containing the wrong one in.

Yeah, I.think that's it.  Picard uses Unicode, and I don't want to turn it off because then it renders some characters incorrectly.

p.s. This also means that in "Ignore Words" I have to enter the different quote characters separately.
Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:58:49 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Hi, I'm having troubles with the demo versions I tried (the last 3 at least). When I start a song, it stop playing 4 seconds before the end, thus keeping the next song from starting.
can you send me your settings file (help/support/view settings) and also any errors in the error log at the time the song stops (if any)

Steven

• Administrator
I've noticed that when using the computer node (left sidebar) - Show Filtered Folders Only + Include Files from Sub-Folders.
If you go to Manage Folders> Choose Filtered Folders and de-select a sub-folder, when you return to the Computer Node, all folders in that branch have been expanded and can't be closed.
i cant reproduce this but i am probably not doing exactly what you are doing so if you are able to produce a gif then that might help

Bee-liever

i cant reproduce this but i am probably not doing exactly what you are doing so if you are able to produce a gif then that might help
They do say a picture is worth a thousand words (so how many is a gif worth  :D  )

Hope this is useful;

Steven

• Administrator
They do say a picture is worth a thousand words (so how many is a gif worth  :D  )

Hope this is useful;
i dont see that as a bug. You deselected one sub-folder and therefore the original root path for the filter is not longer the correct filter as it would include that sub-folder - MB needs to include all the individual sub-folders in order to exclude the one you de-selected

Steven

• Administrator
I'm so hoping that's independently adjustable column browser column widths!!
thats done for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for a few bugs I found, support for adjusting the column browser panels individually, and support for unicode variations of dashes, single and double quotes when you have "ignore diacritic marks when searching" enabled. I might get rid of that option and always have it enabled.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Support for unicode variations of dashes, single and double quotes when you have "ignore diacritic marks when searching" enabled. I might get rid of that option and always have it enabled.

Woot!  I can find All-4-One now!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Boile

Hi!
When a song save  the Lyric in the File, then the song stops!

Bee-liever

Hope this is useful;
i dont see that as a bug. You deselected one sub-folder and therefore the original root path for the filter is not longer the correct filter as it would include that sub-folder - MB needs to include all the individual sub-folders in order to exclude the one you de-selected

Fair enough.  I assumed it should work like hiding a folder in Windows.

I'm so hoping that's independently adjustable column browser column widths!!
thats done for the next update

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Can't thank you enough for this  :)

Justin34

Is there any chance that auto-save settings feature will be added to 3.0 version? Currently if the program closes unexpected all changes, playing information, track changes are lost.

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15019.0;wap2

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for a few bugs, tweaks to some Compact Player configurations and a number of fixes when using unskinned window borders.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

When a song save  the Lyric in the File, then the song stops!
that should be fixed now

For the windows10 1px borders, i noticed that iTunes actually does it the way has considered and was going to reject - putting the resizing cursor inside the window. Given i cant figure out how to get rid of the horrible thick opaque border when using windows 10 (why do i often feel i am battling what microsoft provides for some really basic things?!), i will take the same less than ideal approach in order to reduce the border to 1px.