Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233843 times)

Boile

Hi!
In Radio view i can´t mannage to arrange the playings track pannel and i can not switch between stations with double click!
Can somebody help me or it´s a bug?
Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
After updating to the latest patch, the text in the main panel (album cover view) now has a left alignment rather then centered.
that was an intentional change but wanted to see the feedback as i dont really want to add it as another option

Steven

• Administrator
In Radio view i can´t mannage to arrange the playings track pannel and i can not switch between stations with double click!
sounds like a bug. I will have a look at it tomorrow

phred

• Global Moderator
After updating to the latest patch, the text in the main panel (album cover view) now has a left alignment rather then centered.
that was an intentional change but wanted to see the feedback as i dont really want to add it as another option
I've always been a mostly "centered" person and didn't think I'd like this.  But I almost do, and think I can get used to it.  So I'm sort of now leaning to the left.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Alumni

Oh I see. For my 2 cents I'm strongly in favor of centered alignment. Is it possible to change that setting in the config file?

Blackened

Okay, I'm having problem transferring my music to removable disk.

The left thumbnails supposed to pop up if your cursor move on the left side right? I tried it and I couldn't open the left thumbnails to transfer the songs. :(

Steven

• Administrator
i have had a quick look at this and double click works fine for me. You will need to explain more for what you mean by arranging the panel

Oh I see. For my 2 cents I'm strongly in favor of centered alignment. Is it possible to change that setting in the config file?
to center i will put it in as <AP_TextAlign>32</AP_TextAlign>

Now if I use Auto-Size columns on the custom view, it is not saved, though.  The columns revert to previous size on restart, or even navigating away.
i am not able to reproduce this. You did this in the main panel for the library (any filter selected?) for an Album & Tracks custom layout?
Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:28:24 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i am not able to reproduce this. You did this in the main panel for the library (any filter selected?) for an Album & Tracks custom layout?

It is a filter with a custom album & tracks view
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, MB 3.0 weathered a dance party tonight!  My friends had no problem searching and queuing songs without much instruction from me.  The only thing that didn't work as expected was that when I tried to turn on the compact player, MB disappeared.  I think it tried to activate compact player on my second monitor, which wasn't there.

p.s. I'm loving "Music Explorer".  It's already helped me identify some albums I need to get.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
speaking of the compact player, is the Theater Mode option not functional yet?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Boile

Hi Steven,
The first Doubleclick is ok, but if I want to change between stations then the doubleclick does not works any more !

Steven

• Administrator
The first Doubleclick is ok, but if I want to change between stations then the doubleclick does not works any more !
i have no problem with that either. Maybe PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Spiron

I am getting an error with the tag editor when called from the Playing Tracks list.  Clicking the previous and next buttons with the dialog move the selected entry in the list but the content of the dialog remains the same.  It does remain pointing only to that track because if you edit any of the tags they will only apply to the original track.

Steven

• Administrator
I am getting an error with the tag editor when called from the Playing Tracks list.
do you mean it doesnt work at all or is there an actual error dialog. If there is an error, could you post the error dump.
Otherwise the bug is fixed for the next update

I think it tried to activate compact player on my second monitor, which wasn't there.
yes the monitor checking was missing from the compact player and is corrected for the next update

Now if I use Auto-Size columns on the custom view, it is not saved, though.  The columns revert to previous size on restart, or even navigating away.
It is a filter with a custom album & tracks view
i still cant reproduce this. Is it only the auto-size menu command not working eg. if you manually resize columns does that work?

The left thumbnails supposed to pop up if your cursor move on the left side right? I tried it and I couldn't open the left thumbnails to transfer the songs. :(
having the left sidebar popup when dragging items is not currently supported (nor in 2.5). At some point i will have another attempt at getting that to work but not promising
Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:25:14 PM by Steven

ankor

On the left sidebar, if I click on a filter (under Music) and put it into edit mode and then click on another filter, the first one (filter name) remains in edit mode. :o If I do the same thing with playlists, the click on the 2nd playlist takes the first one out of edit mode which is the expected behavior. If I go from a filter already in edit mode and then click on a playlist, the filter name is taken out of edit mode (good).