Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248727 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the above issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

@psychoadept, the issue you are having with picture size is still a mystery and i will need to create a debug version
@9ido, i havent addressed the selection handing and not sure if i will in the near term
@usraek, that issue has come up quite a few times but i dont consider it a bug. However i will look to address it at a later date

Is library explorer still a feature in MB3?
yes

Hi all, I've been working on a new skin specifically for MusicBee v3.0.
your post is going to get buried very quickly! Feel free to create a new topic in the skins section if you want to
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:15:18 PM by Steven

9ido

New issue with the latest update (haven't seen it ever before, started right away with new version, so I suppose it's newly introduced)

The now playing symbol, that small speaker icon before the currently playing track, is not updated (migrated if you will) properly.

It does not show on the current playing track, but instead sticks in front of all previous played ones. It gets added the moment playback on the next track is started.

9ido

Steven,

This one still persist on my system.

Another one.

Start a playlist in a tab. Play a few songs (it never happens on the first song, it seems).
Then click on the tab, and double click or play now playlist to get one started playing. (setting: clear now playing)
The first list that was already playing will just start over again (or the current song will start again sometimes) instead of the new one (which will show only in the main panel.)

I have also noticed that starting a playlist will sometimes just start somewhere random with shuffle turned off. Will try to figure out when this happens exactly.

The others are fixed.

Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:36:23 PM by 9ido

Steven

• Administrator
redownload the link for the now playing icon bug

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
all previously reported issues fixed  :)
thanks
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was navigating a playlist by typing the artists's name, and got this error:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5786.36593 (Win10.0), 4 Nov 2015 21:32:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qvueOxNST$EprUf7izsjc$w==(Delegate #=q3WHzF29LIGZMO0L5RCv9MA==, Object[] #=qIwijPLkUCENfERiEMn6OXg==)
   at #=qjoIry9Bz71ZPsE8crZyz_80HddGDXFWq18fz_dB4AIE=.#=q2QX3oRJc2y4947wVlkxdGo0FF7tkAwjz6cS$dxDpIYU=._Lambda$__0()
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
And here's a GIF of one of the menus giving me trouble (and then getting in line for some reason):

Edit: I think I've found a clue on this one.  It seems to give trouble when I click before I get to the entry I was going for, and then drag the selection (which I often do without really thinking about it).  I've been able to reproduce it consistently on a brief test.
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:45:43 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
unfortunately the error doesnt give too much of a clue other than it probably relates to files you dragged into a panel. Does that sound right and can you shed any more light on that?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
unfortunately the error doesnt give too much of a clue other than it probably relates to files you dragged into a panel. Does that sound right and can you shed any more light on that?

I had been dragging lots of files to the playlist in the left panel, but I don't remember having dragged anything while the playlist was open. I could have, though.  What I remember is that I'd clicked over to the playlist and started typing, and it hung for a while, then went where I was trying to go and popped up the error at the same time.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Start a playlist in a tab. Play a few songs (it never happens on the first song, it seems).
Then click on the tab, and double click or play now playlist to get one started playing. (setting: clear now playing)
The first list that was already playing will just start over again (or the current song will start again sometimes) instead of the new one (which will show only in the main panel.)

I have also noticed that starting a playlist will sometimes just start somewhere random with shuffle turned off. Will try to figure out when this happens exactly.
if you can do an animated gif file it might help me understand better exactly what you are doing, but as it stands i cant reproduce this

Steven

• Administrator
@psychoadept, this should fix the combox-box/ autocomplete select/ click issue and i have taken a guess at the artwork sizing issue
also this version includes a change to allow medium size artwork in the track details layout, along with a new context menu item to enable artwork for the track details layout (instead of having to use "Set Displayed Fields")

9ido

if you can do an animated gif file it might help me understand better exactly what you are doing, but as it stands i cant reproduce this

It 'helps' if you select to play a few songs first, bug never appeared here on the first song.

Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:32:32 AM by 9ido

9ido

On selecting Download artwork from the Now playing tab,

MusicBee v3.0.5786.36593 (Win6.3), 6 Nov 2015 7:05:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=q61QZKiEoKgvwSUckVIIYlrpfSnZAMjtHWimWtHa56mnUAF9k6tOWkpmK8GZzDG9p.#=qbqe4JeKwddLnXzF6AGX_8A==(IList`1 #=qhP7DzMMijBuxYQDMh0BuaA==, #=qCaZcTg7gIG96Hmr$ttGF4g5u_N3_cRl_$QqB$zO0aYtguQjIhcxPzFtl0nYbL0aG #=qu8nCxS5kHSOMI6KtC6q19VNZU5nTHHiwLZsyrXLhQNY=)
   at #=q_WjTutNG5q9GDa$$Cp41d3Qe5lG9zKHSPhZnJLOKnOw8osa1uggFqfcOJyIWpLbd.#=qpz0A6OosABQrPM7w$KEMtA==(IList`1 #=qg0UCEGcBuJVO5_uVmZQdrg==, #=qCaZcTg7gIG96Hmr$ttGF4g5u_N3_cRl_$QqB$zO0aYtguQjIhcxPzFtl0nYbL0aG #=qCjnpeOfI6gL4nQHHfIjgCes69fXsI3nSWdS1Jc0DhMo=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qpzfLLYj6nHN2vNbrhbEEFw==.#=q86PC1FFXXfWc1i49brEZ$zNydM3cL1Umfbq4q9ZZY24=(List`1 #=qpPHLjHp2I3KCAWH9QE$oNQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qgmMH31HoswNimlwuxR9CfA==.#=qLYy5fj9m1fqiMC8wA638Hg==(ApplicationCommand #=qNVEXLAu0RqeeMT4sidJmog==, Object #=q2$SwuNPZNFhD6gVTEPYaTg==, IList`1 #=qvVcX2aZi_Kfe0gBpZMy2$Q==)
   at #=qySfgScVFU8atPYHycDBYaODmiZWdsd2szaEYiHVOe_I=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qX26NGuDnenlluYdA23jv$g==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@psychoadept, this should fix the combox-box/ autocomplete select/ click issue and i have taken a guess at the artwork sizing issue
also this version includes a change to allow medium size artwork in the track details layout, along with a new context menu item to enable artwork for the track details layout (instead of having to use "Set Displayed Fields")

Yes, the selection issue is fixed.  Hurray!

The resizing is also fixed.  Now if I use Auto-Size columns on the custom view, it is not saved, though.  The columns revert to previous size on restart, or even navigating away.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Alumni

After updating to the latest patch, the text in the main panel (album cover view) now has a left alignment rather then centered.