Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232935 times)

9ido

An unexpected error. Went from Inbox to Music. Perhaps related to my previous reports?

MusicBee v3.0.5785.39316 (Win6.3), 4 Nov 2015 9:23:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qCTRn5st8Dr5jS44QGJYFHA==(#=qAA7deWwBnNEmTTx8Pq0mswPJhnOnXtCH51BujRtDtMw= #=qeLzSklTDv03A0D9ZetV0mw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q8Hw1Odvg7WI936DpHTsnJ8D$HK_CwzWP5qCjGzU2kDM=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qCIadufpoUkLa4jDdl3mo0A==(Int32 #=qwnmR$a85wmf_e1ULLWvuSw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qh4$lYdyN7haCrZynqhKIZg==(MouseEventArgs #=q4JYrdyRSclD4pQktFUzqyw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qQzawoWhMVL3TFk3AulFEZg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qxcbHByVGv7A$7L_SwUuUbRDQWQQmsm9d0ttYYQavt48=.WndProc(Message& #=qyyUe9I8ciHGZUAZp1J$zbQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qSAHHNw4KxE$e2ziEyFjqjQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
I tried double clicking on the Music node (because I won't open) in the left side bar, and got presented with this,
i will need your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
also for the other problems where a layout setting does not persist, i will need more information than what you are providing. At minimum a screenshot, a description of what you tried to do and probably the settings file at the time it happened

Steven

• Administrator
2/.
after saving an item in display artist or display composer, you can't edit the "display" tag and re-save.
have to delete item and start again to change.

cursor is still not moving to next blank field when inputting multiple items, eg. musicians credits.
annoying as this has worked that way since introduction in 2.x series
i am not really understanding what you are doing in either of the above

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
2/.
after saving an item in display artist or display composer, you can't edit the "display" tag and re-save.
have to delete item and start again to change.

cursor is still not moving to next blank field when inputting multiple items, eg. musicians credits.
annoying as this has worked that way since introduction in 2.x series
i am not really understanding what you are doing in either of the above

with the gif you can see that editing the display artist does not work - it simply reverts back to what is already saved.
secondly, it shows when clicking the '+' symbol that the cursor does not go to the new blank field - have to click in the field to get cursor to appear.

now the really strange part is that this only occurs with every skin that initially didn't work correctly when access to all the skins was made available (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg96765#msg96765)  ???
actually it's more skins than those on that list. it appears to be the majority of skins

with the default skin, everything works OK
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:31:54 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

9ido

Every time a new track starts, the caption bar turns entirely blue and shows the track title and 'Musicbee' on top, right over the menu and my command buttons and so on.

Hovering over it with the mouse clears the area where the menu and buttons are (the other parts remain blue) so it then looks like this mess,

Minimizing Musicbee and bringing it back again resolves the issue, so does bringing up a window or closing one (like preferences.) Until the next track starts, of course. Then it appears again.

I think it has not always done this. But unfortunately I have no idea what have might caused the issue.

EDIT The problem only occurs in maximized window modus.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:10:50 PM by 9ido

9ido

For one earlier reported bug:

- Open preferences
- Under layout, select arrange panels
- Make a change
- Save the panel settings

Now you are back in the preferences window. If you hit Save again, the changes you just made are lost.

I hope it's more clear to you now?
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:25:00 PM by 9ido

Steven

• Administrator
When opening the Music node, I get an empty screen and the error 'unable to open Music' in the status bar. The same happens for my recently added smart playlist. The playlists do open normally.
could you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) in case there is an error around the time this happened

9ido

Before I forget it, the Help node sometimes just vanishes from the menu bar. Restart gets it back. No clue when or why.

9ido

When opening the Music node, I get an empty screen and the error 'unable to open Music' in the status bar. The same happens for my recently added smart playlist. The playlists do open normally.
could you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) in case there is an error around the time this happened

Here are two logs, the first one is about the exact situation I describe in the above quote, the second a different but very much related error from trying to open the library in another way. I just include it, who knows it might help. The bug is persistent, I have failed to open Music node of the library so far. Opening it again (from the file menu) did not resolve anything either. But remember, I do have and can play all my playlists from that library.

04-Nov-15 17:01:51 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.0.5785.39316 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qj_x3wUd67tpFnET6lnFgT5DomYSmW8mWH_dxtbVh0rN4ifvsgsRzjnhuYwgcLYFs.#=q0zzr3qCdefJFPoRhnOFW$ZGOGhG7SkSIZGGA5IYPA3s=(#=quBTWLQEpz_JUjVbEDhFEctQwOG2OitHuzwxFzOvQKk0= #=qP3SbSd7G3HQ77ainfcvIng==, #=quBTWLQEpz_JUjVbEDhFEctQwOG2OitHuzwxFzOvQKk0= #=qjvAU6XY$2mrhj6gOcD962Q==, TagCode #=qIPg8lEDP8XmIwpEGMZcNXQ==, SortOrder #=q6tizjFjzWwiWeysugRp21Q==)
   at #=qwUdaIdcHPbu6oDVCGDuj44HXkZODpn88BrYSx5k4zvY=.#=qBjbEyLPVl$RdDtrfHeQALggksZa8yujcSipAmLFdxew=.#=q2i4AgOUYUkBsao6CQDafI7YruQqnVHd1XwAnM5tXS1c=.Compare(#=quBTWLQEpz_JUjVbEDhFEctQwOG2OitHuzwxFzOvQKk0= #=qVwXbuui_pdTMQ6oJc09PNg==, #=quBTWLQEpz_JUjVbEDhFEctQwOG2OitHuzwxFzOvQKk0= #=qGzjZBUp1QrrXku3D3KppiA==)
   at #=qkSIgmpMrTuWWiTYjt20DF5Lss86nO633huSIs5qQKZU=.#=qmD$8B48LBPz7XerrYrOieA==[T](T[] #=q8$azxJZGNRRRLdnwfkGB$w==, IComparer`1 #=qqBMZsNQYKMisfBJ5E0upAw==)
   at #=qwUdaIdcHPbu6oDVCGDuj44HXkZODpn88BrYSx5k4zvY=.#=qBjbEyLPVl$RdDtrfHeQALggksZa8yujcSipAmLFdxew=.#=q21EH_ZBA8CoHnmlcY9s8Yw==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qh7syZqXCHQPw_1A45QqqmWs00YB$5bCiqgE1nMEoXBY=.#=qfdx4Z2jUoubE_Nqj1UE0jg==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qDYUBMODGu3ovqH25ZeChka3HQzZO8Wp$uYAn3PT7$uE=._Lambda$__1()

04-Nov-15 17:01:26 - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.0.5785.39316 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qxvnBjT$aLqmRRUig_COHyS7YseteRw5ALAacg4hcbpHEG6Y66W$vcw_NPB59pxF2.#=qWBAucRuSLtmIEQMpNfpJ5Q==(IList`1 #=qId727vgLiPzgjFEB2sf7GQ==, Int32 #=q76BYE8YEMcZNq9rYWHU$dg==)
   at #=qxvnBjT$aLqmRRUig_COHyS7YseteRw5ALAacg4hcbpHEG6Y66W$vcw_NPB59pxF2..ctor(List`1 #=qjNPJFS4TWp9c_uOYN2BriQ==, Boolean #=qyS5VZ0qOTzcx71qaf30Obg==, #=qnUnKDwKlBo5UNcHnjbfVf0f3DGd5TLu7nZ$DoYr_7mc= #=qKuLHkZW1u_pd36JhOozdww==, Double #=q_NseBcpH33z7B_5QkarjsQ==, #=qIDoVH$fV$Xn2wwo0AioJI5o8adLO4KkYGEzpeGdNBLM= #=qw3bOLTrkcCwDH305$0FMVg==, #=q$LfFyjou25JlTCP2$T8iituPy5RUUzyj7DYkThUKir0= #=qmtPo$NE9G1eduxf5GY384A==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=q24rN42XtMpa8ElqZwfluFuTuvheHXP0E_M0fSTL5pMk=(List`1 #=qPmXi44AtTg0jhn0pYVyWcw==, #=quBTWLQEpz_JUjVbEDhFEctQwOG2OitHuzwxFzOvQKk0= #=qlLgSt0u3l3YK4$IAlAGZ0A==, #=qIDoVH$fV$Xn2wwo0AioJI5o8adLO4KkYGEzpeGdNBLM= #=q1gZMlAM5NUoBL88RnH5Ypw==, #=qDuvXZ3shsR4RLH_xkDyUf7Yv1S4haIn7Djn6RlcfU3A= #=qe8q2GpxMrzxZNxC1ZBZ$qg==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qQubIA_H82pWbbOuQ8vwN$RQuRVP_1o1LesyzallPL2U=(#=q227F_UPm1pDHBE5q3XT2SxoMh_a2fvWacApvXNKsb5A= #=qE_wQD1mQzoNg9uWAqmQ8jQ==, #=qIDoVH$fV$Xn2wwo0AioJI5o8adLO4KkYGEzpeGdNBLM= #=qm$NnfS7x_TpPKs_u5kw1xw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qFNg2I$Mr5yfVqDV06712Pw==.#=qGTm3g3F_gqVxZ3kI11meg0Ml3QqI_9ZanTEMKAa8sXc=(#=q9OCAT_wceHX7Gm2oqBUUDzpF5w3v1tSrc65Z6f1xAuWgqL9nmaXZOjDUZvHowhMI #=qBOHAD3H3KQXxIOAwVUMqXA==)
   at #=qyw8KZrIMIPOtc4BYKrLco7fdcXN9vPhAnZcm6qc3CK4=.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs #=q1CRxLM$dVwNhd_vjGt0ldg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qGOQJqWbtwGLRdGoE_V2NYyHaVSOcgPgDiwI1F9CStSk=.WndProc(Message& #=qsoUNSDT3CzvT1$QM91ChnA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

9ido

I am unable to make a selection of tracks in any panel by dragging a rectangle over them with my mouse.

To clarify what I mean, selecting like this,

Alumni

Hi all, I've been working on a new skin specifically for MusicBee v3.0.

Edit: Post moved to a new topic - http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16808.0
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:05:13 AM by Alumni

9ido

Another one.

Start a playlist in a tab. Play a few songs (it never happens on the first song, it seems).
Then click on the tab, and double click or play now playlist to get one started playing. (setting: clear now playing)
The first list that was already playing will just start over again (or the current song will start again sometimes) instead of the new one (which will show only in the main panel.)

I have also noticed that starting a playlist will sometimes just start somewhere random with shuffle turned off. Will try to figure out when this happens exactly.

Steven

• Administrator
Here are two logs, the first one is about the exact situation I describe in the above quote, the second a different but very much related error from trying to open the library in another way. I just include it, who knows it might help. The bug is persistent, I have failed to open Music node of the library so far. Opening it again (from the file menu) did not resolve anything either. But remember, I do have and can play all my playlists from that library.
could you PM me a link to a zip of library cache file (MusicBeeLibrary.mbl)?  its in the root folder of your musicbee music folder which by default is the windows music folder

Sigma

Is library explorer still a feature in MB3?

9ido

A minor issue.

The command button 'Now playing list: clear' that I have does nothing anymore. Sometimes it gives an error, too, something like 'nothing selected' which is nonsense to me because no selection is required to perform the auction. Going through the right-click menu List > clear list performs the same function and works perfectly fine. I have tested another command button and this works fine too. I have deleted the command button and recreated it again, the problem persists.