Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233832 times)

Steven

• Administrator
But, unfortunately it seems I can't dock the dock the player controls in the right sidebar(top) -they are on the bottom pane now-.
I tried clicking Configure Layout, but it's not possible to drag the 'player controls' item from bottom panel to right sidebar.
its called the "sidebar player" and can be docked anywhere in one of the side panels. Click the panel layout button by the search box to change the layout configuration

darkred

But, unfortunately it seems I can't dock the dock the player controls in the right sidebar(top) -they are on the bottom pane now-.
I tried clicking Configure Layout, but it's not possible to drag the 'player controls' item from bottom panel to right sidebar.
its called the "sidebar player" and can be docked anywhere in one of the side panels. Click the panel layout button by the search box to change the layout configuration
Thank you very much for the reply!

As I saw, "enlarge progress bar height" doesn't apply to the "sidebar player".
Could you, please change that?

And one last suggestion please:
The 'Apply' and 'Save' buttons (of Apply/Save/Close) in Preferences, if possible
to be grayed out while haven't changed any preference yet,
and only become active when you change them.
In other words, as it works in Windows when changing settings  
(e.g. in Power Options|Change plan settings ---> The "Save changes" button)
Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:46:11 PM by darkred

colagen

this should fix the startup error.
Yep, it worked. But... i found another one : ) Same settings file, this error happens when the buttons in the tab bar are grouped into a single "gear" icon, when i click on this icon, this error is thrown
http://www.mediafire.com/view/n6qq7jzvrwi2l86/MusicBee3SettingsDemo.ini

MusicBee v3.0.5778.40218 (Win10.0), 28 oct. 2015 11:57:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qD_d5Qz5KbfsCrZmD4ylFRK9_d5CkbRqTXQRakElR8V0=..ctor(Point #=qVmOXnBvmKR03QGVkGVye3w==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qXRBH2hLJNYyFhoGF2Ki1Ww==(MouseEventArgs #=qCBPoCZcv6U_5hOSYlTmJwg==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qDrb0PjaOupHSHuynqfdZzw==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   à #=qMsuU$zUmzkkS5A5DvPqXNPaMMLpQxMqwyKC5gBWbmts=.WndProc(Message& #=qWQlAhVG4wfoIAMax$oU67g==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qcWKB3vry1GvK8h8gyseSGQ==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

9ido

feel free to make requests as others might comment  but i am in no position at the moment to consider them. In a few weeks when i have a beta ready version that has the remaining planned changes done, then i will ask people to re-request as there are too many things already.

This is exciting news, I can hardly wait to try it. :)

phred

• Global Moderator
This is exciting news, I can hardly wait to try it. :)
You do know you can try it now, don't you?  Not as a full-fledged production tool, but just to shake it and see what bugs fall out of it.  Steven is issuing a new 'not-quite-alpha' version every day or two.  It's an .exe that goes in your MB folder and launched, configured, played with, and tested without any changes to the 2.5 (or earlier) version you might be using.  Personally I've been trying out my various workflows with it and seeing what happens.  Bugs should be reported in this (GUI changes for v3.0) thread.  Where you can also find the latest test version.  Just work backwards from this post until you find Steven's post with the link.
Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:10:37 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

9ido

Double-clicked on a playlist tab, selected another playlist from the left pane, (double)clicked on the tab again, and playing with it that functionality for a few times crashed the demo two times in a row. Then, I could not replicate the crash for a third time. :-/ No report either, it just shuts down without warning. Thought I should report this anyway for what it's worth.

Steven

• Administrator
Thought I should report this anyway for what it's worth.
definitely worth reporting thanks.

this has fixes for the above issues and a couple i found:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
this has fixes for the above issues and a couple i found:

Saving of single digit track numbers still not working

and

mouse scroll-wheel not working in left sidebar when in auto-open mode

but

Artwork in Track Detail view working fine

thank you  :)
Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:37:00 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Saving of single digit track numbers still not working
and
mouse scroll-wheel not working in left sidebar when in auto-open mode
the track numbers is done now and mouse-wheel scrolling is fixed

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

phred

• Global Moderator
I have the Playing Tracks panel at the bottom of the Main Panel.  I find that when I do List > Clear List the entire list clears as expected.  But when I close and then reopen MB one (and only one) of the tracks that was in the Playing Tracks list reappears.  I've also tried placing the NP panel in the left sidebar and the right sidebar and I get the same behavior.  

EDIT:  I think I've narrowed it down to the track that was last played is the track that reappears after close/open.
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:21:02 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

the track numbers is done now and mouse-wheel scrolling is fixed

That was quick!
Confirmed all fixed.
Thanks  :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Subheader and selection problems appear to be almost fixed.  I can still click in the white space and have a subheader selected, which may include parts of more than one album.  GIF: http://i.imgur.com/toO6xl9.gif

The accidental # columns are fixed.  I can't create anymore.

Some new stuff on playlists:

Playlists can't be renamed by clicking twice; you have to right click and choose "rename".

When I create a new playlist, it comes up ready to be renamed, but the name I type in gets applied to a different playlist.  GIF: http://i.imgur.com/MVYPkng.gif

And I got this error when I tried to navigate back to a deleted playlist:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5779.40788 (Win10.0), 29 Oct 2015 0:11:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\HP\MusicBee\Playlists\Playlist.mbp'.
File name: 'C:\Users\HP\MusicBee\Playlists\Playlist.mbp'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at #=q67x2EX1gNoDZkeWvkp0QGZk7Sg$uDyRtxApdn97vv2U=.#=qp2s7ZfQjJ6Dvx_j06xV_Qx$iVWL1EnAGnm5E9biBn_M=()
   at #=q67x2EX1gNoDZkeWvkp0QGZk7Sg$uDyRtxApdn97vv2U=.#=qr2WgSvZ$kPBnU85s7EkDg1ZPFlF3NDH0LTCdVtJZP9k=()
   at #=q67x2EX1gNoDZkeWvkp0QGZk7Sg$uDyRtxApdn97vv2U=.#=qezG99iQKHKyOjHxEaG15OmZeH6_cA9siIzMHjNxvsKk=()
   at #=qDc1AzS4KNEE2vw3BrjBMnSLaKuht_Ef$m3kLwwB9Tsc=.#=qTE6UcMkrmTtoBBWQuv$t8f_7gXz_CR8TJxPGb9OoHwA=()
   at #=qDc1AzS4KNEE2vw3BrjBMnSLaKuht_Ef$m3kLwwB9Tsc=.#=qg0HjKHLPgDuhfBb2$Pvb74thSVHO16V_xUKNsWkC1gQ=(Int32 #=qF$Tjkih0UP2$thy9rmCEsQ==, Boolean #=q$I1QgNrbcANPeayKGE$FjA==)
   at #=qDc1AzS4KNEE2vw3BrjBMnSLaKuht_Ef$m3kLwwB9Tsc=.#=q1nBxscCVbFAdgQ_aBDyvOI3YyYhM9bu3A7nmsytqF$4=(Boolean #=qvnRBhkaSkRrDtTaBG8l6GQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qIu3ZsyduNnWyg9LgwMhhiQ==(#=q5o3T4xx_rhaAHFz37USg6JUcTwwKL1x5NHEi3ZrlY$c= #=qsESg4$S$ekSZx1xU_wsGyzcYXxrUsyLyYjLIfF_0Hhw=, Boolean #=qCug4Hf3fp8w4TSVjqtakuh9Ow_pIHdpBzTgUKrZcENY=, #=qphlEQLTHx5J8BGBqKa9$lQ== #=qQqEpjPKsGP1VnRWIT0XAeQ==, #=qZW7cF5qbvh9CCD8vA11q9bo3I1DKLPEcuQbC5baY2hE= #=qDbTnFPiGdUXQCYohkRx4K9rJFHZfhxKqX6yjGYZxDOA=, #=qdufi9CbU6Nsvi6dAhx2s4ntIcQmrD8vtSM5SH6SpOis= #=qLT30cDQfGIc7VzeANla3aw==, #=qfpeViQ2zSR5EyOPdcFJO9UabMBi_eZlEk0o$rrYpeHw=[] #=qaf9ZdIG1WjahCmiXhlD_W_s3pB54cx490ZiGq$0dMuY=, Boolean #=qtvmsD$eihpa7tennkfC0PS0aLX7yROXBeCEhdVmYwMI=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qWk7ruT7cs3bCpJBqP2cW4A==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qiIinrCDPfSsdHDCYhz27JA==(MouseEventArgs #=qrl$a7CFSKozR4D1saA3SOQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qCBPoCZcv6U_5hOSYlTmJwg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=q8frdeqO66ICTZw_jTlwjKDgIIDFe1FCsWOgs2UcTIbw=.WndProc(Message& #=qjouMnRjRqUdUVHV2KT0ZLQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qVuMfigpaab0lbZvlhcHcwg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:50:26 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
When I create a new playlist, it comes up ready to be renamed, but the name I type in gets applied to a different playlist.  GIF:
it looks like the playlist panel is being refreshed - would the folder the playlist is created in be in the continuous monitor path?

Bee-liever

version:3.0.5779.40788

In the Artwork tab of the tag editor, if you have multiple artwork to chose from, none of the "Picture Type" options save.
Also a change in the preference of 'primary picture' wont save either.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
it looks like the playlist panel is being refreshed - would the folder the playlist is created in be in the continuous monitor path?

Yes, everything is in the monitored folder
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)