Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233322 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Selection by artist header is fixed in the last version.  Duplication in the Tag Inspector new tag list also appears to be fixed.

The bottom border of the No Cover Art image is frequently cut off.  Refreshing fixes it, but sometimes I have to refresh more than once.

...I take it back about the virtual tag/Sort Album Artist change being fixed, sorry.

And if "No Cover Art" is showing, Artwork selection still doesn't work quite right.
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:06:08 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mless

Yes the error when switching tabs is fixed, thank you.

Another one: I have a button in the toolbar bound to the "View: Show Tag Manager" command. When I press the button I also get a null reference.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
version 3.0.5776.34521
All issues I reported here are fixed except the Lyrics Status problem.

I use a virtual tag for display;
Lyric Status = $IsNull(<Lyrics?>,?,$If(<Lyrics?>="N [no lyrics]",Inst,$If(<Lyrics?>="Y [unsynched]",Stnd,Sync)))
to cut down the column space used by 'Lyrics?'.

It appears that any virtual tag is not being re-read and applied after a tag edit until the file is manually re-scanned.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
I use a virtual tag for display;
Lyric Status = $IsNull(<Lyrics?>,?,$If(<Lyrics?>="N [no lyrics]",Inst,$If(<Lyrics?>="Y [unsynched]",Stnd,Sync)))
to cut down the column space used by 'Lyrics?'.
It appears that any virtual tag is not being re-read and applied after a tag edit until the file is manually re-scanned.
this should be fixed - it is very specific to the Lyrics? field when saved in the tag editor. So if you find it happening with other virtual tags then let me know
The bottom border of the No Cover Art image is frequently cut off.  Refreshing fixes it, but sometimes I have to refresh more than once.
...I take it back about the virtual tag/Sort Album Artist change being fixed, sorry.
And if "No Cover Art" is showing, Artwork selection still doesn't work quite right.
the artwork display issue should be fixed but its possible there are other cases it might happen so let me know if you notice it. I havent looked at the Sort Album artist issue. And for selection when no cover art, i cant how that would make any difference compared to a normal picture and i have no problems with either. Can you be specific what isnt right?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
the artwork display issue should be fixed but its possible there are other cases it might happen so let me know if you notice it. I havent looked at the Sort Album artist issue. And for selection when no cover art, i cant how that would make any difference compared to a normal picture and i have no problems with either. Can you be specific what isnt right?

Artwork display looks much better, thanks.

You're right, it's not just No Cover Art.  It was just that the only example I could find at first was No Cover Art.  There are definitely still some cases in which clicking on the artwork doesn't select the whole album.  Still seems to be the subheaders (or the gap between them) at work.  Do you need another GIF?

Meanwhile, I've managed to do this. ;D

What happened was that I had accidentally clicked on Title and wanted to put the Now Playing List back in play order.  I finally managed it by switching to "Track with Thumbnail" and back, but the first thing I tried to do was add the # column.  When I clicked a couple of times and dragged a couple of times, and it wasn't added, I decided that it wasn't actually possible and went on.  This showed up when I updated & restarted.  Selecting "auto-size all columns" gets rid of it, but it comes back when the track changes.
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:42:01 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

LDGEB

MB: v3.0.5776.39804

- Compact player's media button disappear when scale.
1) Use Compact player (Ctrl+1)
2) Scale the compact player vertical to any height.
3) Scale the compact player vertical and horizontal to the smallest size you can
4) Media control disappear. It can be fix by opening main player and returning. Alternatively using certain setting such as "Show visualizer"

- Compact player steal focused.
This might be difficult to reproduce as it require certain environment but I am hoping something could be done.
1) Use compact player. Open up a internet browser. Have both of them on screen (ie. not minimized)
2) Use a mouse that have custom button (aside from wheel, left & right click). In my case it Logitech and I use Logitech Gaming Software to custom my button for my Internet Browser.
3) Play music, when the song change to another file or when the artwork change (if multiple artwork), MusicBee compact player will "steal focused" so my hotkey will no longer work with internet browser until I change focus to something else first. E.g clicking on desktop then click on Internet browser, or clicking on MusicBee then click on Internet Browser before the custom key for Internet Browser can be use again.

Edit: Taskbar media control disappear when change mode
1) Open MB, my was in Compact Mode when I quit/exit MB so it will open in Compact
2) Maximize it so it change to main player
3) Compact it again
4) Hover mouse over MusicBee on taskbar. The media control will disappear and no longer possible to use until you restart MB.

Compact button playlist does not activate when compact mode is minimal
1) Compact mode
2) Between the cogwheel and >> is a button with 3 horizontal line, clicking that doesn't seem to do anything but "change" color
This is a issue when you have the compact player minimal size. Increasing the size will display the playlist.

Error when using
1) Open Main Player
2) Tools > Library Reports...
3) Tools > Auto rate track
4) Tools > Auto Library Reports... work every 2nd time. ie. Open it get error, try it again it open new window, and trying again will repeat this cycle
5) Tools > Copy tag to clipboard

Feature request:
Compact mode to have snap to edge of window border.
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:31:35 AM by LDGEB
Relative artworks location.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
p.s. on the artwork/selection problem: clicking on the artwork to select does not update Artwork [Selected], and the selection is not reflected by the stats in the status bar.

For that menu selection problem, the autocomplete lists have been behaving okay, but I am still seeing it happen in actual drop-menus.  Was trying to do a custom search just now and it took several tries to select the entry I wanted for the rule.
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:26:32 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
this should be fixed - it is very specific to the Lyrics? field when saved in the tag editor. So if you find it happening with other virtual tags then let me know

version 3.0.5776.39804

Lyrics? field behaving correctly now.
My mistake on it happening to other virtual tags. It was just another one that was dependent on the Lyrics? field value.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
You're right, it's not just No Cover Art.  It was just that the only example I could find at first was No Cover Art.  There are definitely still some cases in which clicking on the artwork doesn't select the whole album.  Still seems to be the subheaders (or the gap between them) at work.  Do you need another GIF?
yes i will need a picture as i still cant reproduce any issues

Steven

• Administrator
- Compact player's media button disappear when scale.
1) Use Compact player (Ctrl+1)
2) Scale the compact player vertical to any height.
3) Scale the compact player vertical and horizontal to the smallest size you can
4) Media control disappear. It can be fix by opening main player and returning. Alternatively using certain setting such as "Show visualizer"
could you post a screenshot as that sort of thing will depend on what you have configured
edit:
i can reproduce incorrect resizing behavior when the controls are overlayed onto the picture, so if thats the case just confirm that
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:05:27 PM by Steven

Alumni

I was just syncing to my tablet and I received this error message saying the process failed when trying to copy my playlists.
The funny thing is that the music copied fine, it's only the .m3u files that refuse to be synced.
I tried changing to .pla format in device settings and that did work, but the app I use doesn't support it.

This is also the first time I've synced this device with MusicBee v3.0, I don't remember having this problem before.
Troubleshooting included restarting the tablet, deleting the files stored on the device manually, and syncing all music from scratch.

~~~

26/10/2015 19:38:33 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
26/10/2015 19:38:34 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5776.39804 - System.Exception: Add playlist G:\Music\Playlists\Nexus ProgRock.m3u ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qRPla1OnABvuaaw9dPtKMcfMAhZvCHmu9_SsXFYGIHhEzzc9dvUmLtMHSORSZVK1r.#=qxQQ0l4pBzdmLMK$B0oIQ_Q==(#=qkD3jaOfVkI7vMlr7qTYDbJQuFE2vT0GaO2FWxNEdLLA= #=quOqUqEh0U6dk9y9wpRwlmQ==, IList`1 #=qTEM8$2gHdDaSBpS49y5$tw==)
   at #=qkD3jaOfVkI7vMlr7qTYDbJQuFE2vT0GaO2FWxNEdLLA=.#=qRhNMnf3mQ5dYUfbNUPmNiQ==(List`1 #=qnyn3TjOBUgGVKWo2dFbFcg==)
   at #=qJSRfEiXN4usomskUYqgmVL_A1hR_pIe954OkEWVo31E=.#=qTIAPDrpl4Epcf3ruODZ3Tt2S5lUnDLKluumkeW6wcnE=(#=qkD3jaOfVkI7vMlr7qTYDbJQuFE2vT0GaO2FWxNEdLLA= #=qSvm7iF0m4zHPtW_HCqrxhQ==, Dictionary`2 #=q$nHP$rvnV$ODkm0Qnj6RTQ==, Object #=qs4s21h1oYuFQuknR3dMz00pkmS5ntJ4_FnkPfxRpehY=)
   at #=qJSRfEiXN4usomskUYqgmVL_A1hR_pIe954OkEWVo31E=.#=qRrTZLDt5T5YoRI2q$2Xfcg==(Boolean #=qIDl8m12hjxg1ZdLdePaqCg==, Boolean #=qyTDazYZsFET2_HTweeFu0w==, Dictionary`2 #=qZQbJcSqWYOk1gEIdh_lyX4HHZA2$weYMd6Jbr9hZewk=, List`1 #=qgeZEaClewRlYkLiECctVt8XEKKi$255_Gz0VMWttueQ=, Object #=qmiKwKVRlVIAOO_EyWtBta2hjmszLun$1uGMcJwyLhwk=)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:59:47 AM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
yes i will need a picture as i still cant reproduce any issues

Here you go.  Also showing artwork & status bar that does not update (on further testing, the status bar thing doesn't seem to be related to the artwork).

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I was just syncing to my tablet and I received this error message saying the process failed when trying to copy my playlists.
i have sent you a PM with a debug version

Steven

• Administrator
What happened was that I had accidentally clicked on Title and wanted to put the Now Playing List back in play order.  I finally managed it by switching to "Track with Thumbnail" and back, but the first thing I tried to do was add the # column.  When I clicked a couple of times and dragged a couple of times, and it wasn't added, I decided that it wasn't actually possible and went on.  This showed up when I updated & restarted.  Selecting "auto-size all columns" gets rid of it, but it comes back when the track changes.
i can reproduce clicking on title and the # field disappearing and will fix that but i have no idea how you managed to get multiple # fields in there.

Steven

• Administrator
Edit: Taskbar media control disappear when change mode
1) Open MB, my was in Compact Mode when I quit/exit MB so it will open in Compact
2) Maximize it so it change to main player
3) Compact it again
4) Hover mouse over MusicBee on taskbar. The media control will disappear and no longer possible to use until you restart MB.
i cant reproduce this. Maybe send me your settings or perhaps there is an extra step involved?
Compact button playlist does not activate when compact mode is minimal
1) Compact mode
2) Between the cogwheel and >> is a button with 3 horizontal line, clicking that doesn't seem to do anything but "change" color
This is a issue when you have the compact player minimal size. Increasing the size will display the playlist.
i cant reproduce this one either. A screenshot might help
edit:
i can reproduce this if controls are overlaid onto the picture and the height of the compact player is too small to show the playlist. I will increase the minimum height in this case
Error when using
1) Open Main Player
2) Tools > Library Reports...
3) Tools > Auto rate track
4) Tools > Auto Library Reports... work every 2nd time. ie. Open it get error, try it again it open new window, and trying again will repeat this cycle
5) Tools > Copy tag to clipboard
this sounds like the advanced tag tools plugin. boroda74 might not be reading this topic so i suggest you report this on that plugin topic
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:35:18 PM by Steven