Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1247364 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Whenever I try to open the preferences dialogue I'm getting this error:
i cant explain this one. Can you PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
Also does it happen if the first thing you do is open the preferences?

this version should work around the problem by drawing a "x" instead for tick boxes:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

Alumni

I think this might be a bug, or at least I don't remember it behaving this way - when playback is resumed and MusicBee is minimized, the now playing popup window still appears even though it's disabled in preferences.

scartez

Hi. I sent you my settings file but the new version with the "x" isntead of tick boxes solved the problem. Also, in the previous version if I used the MusicBee Classic skin the problem wouldn't happen.

Regards

Steven

• Administrator
I think this might be a bug, or at least I don't remember it behaving this way - when playback is resumed and MusicBee is minimized, the now playing popup window still appears even though it's disabled in preferences.
its the same behavior - just tested it now to confirm. If you have the popup enabled but "only show when inactive" ticked, then thats the expected behavior because MB is not active when its minimised.
If you also had "show popup..." unticked then that would be a bug but it works fine for me

phred

• Global Moderator
Right-click edit a track or album that already has artwork as album cover.
Click Artwork tab.
Right-click on artwork image.
Select "Save Picture To..."
Resulting saved file has two dots between filename and extension:  cover..jpg
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
this has a few fixes and all plugins, including the Tag Tools plugin can now be activated:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

phred

• Global Moderator
Right-click edit a track or album that already has artwork as album cover.
Click Artwork tab.
Right-click on artwork image.
Select "Save Picture To..."
Resulting saved file has two dots between filename and extension:  cover..jpg
Confirmed fixed.  Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Spiron

I'm occasionally getting songs cross-fading when the setting isn't on.  This seems to happen when going between songs from different albums.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've now seen another list where it didn't want to pick the item I clicked on.  It was an autocomplete list in the tag editor, kept picking the one above (which was also the first one).

Sync appears to be working smoothly, except sometimes the text doesn't show in the status bar.  You can see the X, but there's nothing next to it.  Also, if I cancel a sync I almost always get the message "Unable to abort background process.  Recommended action is to restart MusicBee."  This happened in 2.x, too, though.

Something doesn't seem right with the "preserve folders and filenames" option.  My storage path is ...Music Sync\, and with the full naming template I had the tracks syncing to Music Sync\Music\<First Letter>\...  With the preserve folders and filenames option (showing Music\*), I'm getting Music Sync\Music\Music\<First Letter>\...  Shouldn't the * pick up where the naming template for the library picks up?  (And likewise for podcasts and audiobooks)
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:36:40 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

its the same behavior - just tested it now to confirm. If you have the popup enabled but "only show when inactive" ticked, then thats the expected behavior because MB is not active when its minimised.
If you also had "show popup..." unticked then that would be a bug but it works fine for me

I have the option "show popup for..." un-ticked, and I always see the popup when resuming playback from a minimized state.
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:33:16 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
I have the option "show popup for..." un-ticked, and I always see the popup when resuming playback from a minimized state.
are you using a hotkey to resume playback or some other way?

Alumni

are you using a hotkey to resume playback or some other way?

Yeah, I mapped a global hotkey for play/pause.

Steven

• Administrator
I've now seen another list where it didn't want to pick the item I clicked on.  It was an autocomplete list in the tag editor, kept picking the one above (which was also the first one).
if you find any pattern to it please let me know eg. does it only happen after you have scrolled the auto-complete list.
Also what font are you using and is your screen 96 DPI ?

Something doesn't seem right with the "preserve folders and filenames" option.  My storage path is ...Music Sync\, and with the full naming template I had the tracks syncing to Music Sync\Music\<First Letter>\...  With the preserve folders and filenames option (showing Music\*), I'm getting Music Sync\Music\Music\<First Letter>\...  Shouldn't the * pick up where the naming template for the library picks up?  (And likewise for podcasts and audiobooks)
nothing has been (intentionally) changed with regards to the underlying synching functionality. I recall preserve folders/ filenames doesnt make the assumption that auto-organise is enabled and tries to deterimine the root path from the files you choose to synch. However that does seem an obvious improvement to make to utilise the auto-organise path if enabled so i will probably make that change

edit:
i have confirmed what i said is correct and will make the proposed change
Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:34:08 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Have noticed a few areas that are not being rendered by any skin element.
These are not noticeable in the default skin, but are clear on the dark skins.
Screenshots using DarkRED Flat.

Library Explorer 'Find/Next' button

Preferences page border and base

floating 'Tag Editor' screen base and upper header/tabs divider

They all are using (240,240,240) except for 'Find/Next' button. That is using a generated colour that probably using (240,240,240) as the base.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've now seen another list where it didn't want to pick the item I clicked on.  It was an autocomplete list in the tag editor, kept picking the one above (which was also the first one).
if you find any pattern to it please let me know eg. does it only happen after you have scrolled the auto-complete list.
Also what font are you using and is your screen 96 DPI ?

Font and DPI are windows default, so I believe Segoe & 96.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)