Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233696 times)

jojohio

Hello, first of all thank you for this great software! I downloaded musicbee.v3 an installed it as told into . At startup (win10 german OS ) it crashes with message in Errorlog: (additional  massive "File not found" "-open failed"messages, but that should not be the problem) There is also a Dialog Box "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt."

I'll appreciate your help! thanks alot, jojo

19.10.2015 21:22:51 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5769.40716 - System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q$1qbnplYj$nxe$2acBYSMiSspOWJZhTrR1E4DwDz$28=..ctor()
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qzdqW1KDGa0R8Ee5oBmjYeg==(String[] #=quFWfbJlGfv5q3xWd19FHDw==)

19.10.2015 21:23:17 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5769.40716 - System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q$1qbnplYj$nxe$2acBYSMiSspOWJZhTrR1E4DwDz$28=..ctor()
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qzdqW1KDGa0R8Ee5oBmjYeg==(String[] #=quFWfbJlGfv5q3xWd19FHDw==)

19.10.2015 21:30:07 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5769.40716 - System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

19.10.2015 21:36:31 - 10.0.10240.0 - 3.0.5769.40716 - System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

Sofocl

Is MB maximised on restore and where do you have it configured to minimise to (task bar, notification tray, etc)
Minimise to task bar.

At default settings, all is well.
The settings file MusicBee3SettingsDemo.ini;
https://dropmefiles.com/QDdpL

I dont understand what you mean by "blinks at the top of MB".
Sorry for my English)
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
Having some issues with the duplicates manager
yes it looks like i missed out the main panel refresh when the duplicates manager closes. However it should hide the duplicates the next time the panel is reloaded
Thats fixed fixed for the next update.

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the above:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

@Sofocl, i am still not understanding your issue, especially as i cant make sense of the screenshot you provided. I am aware there is an issue when MB is maximised and you click on the caption bar that the old windows 2000 buttons briefly show

Steven

• Administrator
I downloaded musicbee.v3 an installed it as told into . At startup (win10 german OS ) it crashes with message in Errorlog: (additional  massive "File not found" "-open failed"messages, but that should not be the problem)
this issue should now be addressed for localised versions of MB - use the download link from 2 posts above

Sofocl

I am aware there is an issue when MB is maximised and you click on the caption bar that the old windows 2000 buttons briefly show
Yes, you're right, but I'm using Windows 8.1 and version 2.5 are all well.
Sorry for my bad English.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The first time I used my "Restart MusicBee" button, most of my layout settings were reset to default (at least, I assume it's default).  Specifically, the left and right sidebars, the thumbnail and column browsers, and the player panel were reset.  The toolbar remained in the caption bar.  Further resets seem to be fine. (I had also just canceled a sync when I used the restart command, if that matters.)

Also, sync settings didn't carry over from 2.5.  Should they have?

Edit: Correction, it just happened again.  I had been fiddling with the Sync settings, then removed a virutal device.  I had run a sync preview, but not actually tried to sync.  Oh, and my second virtual device, which I had not deleted, disappeared during the reset but reappeared when I made a new virtual device.  Will add settings screenshots when I get them reconfigured...

(Aside: please make the sidebar player retain its settings after it is disabled and reenabled.)

It reset again after I created the new virtual device.  (No attempt to sync or preview.)  This time I had closed it and reopened it manually, and when I restarted I got this message:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5771.40637 (Win10.0), 21 Oct 2015 2:24:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qIsVYD9lEiC$UzQHc2vTJZ$Fx5C0LP0JNtREKWO2X9Cg=.#=qHBgk2QAzQPfYGRtDUXLeWg==(String #=qoF7x7bwx_eXvCVf2BQfuBQ==, Form #=quPiQ2H8GzlT2WOSLTfmR3Q==, ControlCollection #=qGhrp6_VgGkc8EzLmKzvZMQ==)
   at #=qIsVYD9lEiC$UzQHc2vTJZ$Fx5C0LP0JNtREKWO2X9Cg=.#=qb4jsouLZldU7U5V60QzmrQ==(String #=qg9Nll2EKneolsQyI7zvJZw==, ControlCollection #=qNiP0JlX8C7vCORCUb9Zv8g==)
   at #=quKhs69E8Lir$jr7iFgGHHBdOHLZEoyzRdV9P6hQno$J0bxNeVqIzCXtuG80SKbrE..ctor(#=qYiBrCwgabegamgJ6RCwiqIyJ6xpeOW0Qf3bcWsv_DNr2L2xxrNIDg_VZQ3j7DgCp #=qvv9b9S92ILiWo$$EpkA3jA==)
   at #=qYiBrCwgabegamgJ6RCwiqIyJ6xpeOW0Qf3bcWsv_DNr2L2xxrNIDg_VZQ3j7DgCp.#=qGz3_la2lLtscMfuqV2s_wakX2EJMM8uzw3OWqhTptj4AKe_u3HfsOGA8q5lBC62M(Object #=qQ3b2f31TOVwrHx2TdQ1Swg==, EventArgs #=q2HByw3K6K1$jECHrfyfwsA==)
   at #=qlMcsC5ixxwq5uFGLOu9aPXi9IWeIG1F3P2TMw6Jjypc=.#=qH2lCa8WlboOinvAnGrhesWPcg6xgq_0SdZdz5ZwPS5M=(#=q6nEWOBWBXstv$celfxy_llqlYD8BecHDOVNGHu$j7Vd$gbmZK$pkV4aW8j7CD0r$DKOiz7cyjnUNId8a7m2n5Q== #=qB2putbrZeg1OmLVU3X9w6g==)
   at #=qlMcsC5ixxwq5uFGLOu9aPXi9IWeIG1F3P2TMw6Jjypc=.#=qq9AZw6Us58ROAyWwTg2uEQ==.#=qPh$n17PIeTOCALMXn_JYgPK0CsdmEQVyQE87e4WeMrU=(Int32 #=qZbKb6i7fchUAMoLgPxSSlw==, Boolean #=qFrdW4GgrAB3NLufzvcDUXw==, Boolean #=qXBo5qGc2AxIpLXsKwgb5alFJrWB9UWwzlALcFrmWzwk=)
   at #=qlMcsC5ixxwq5uFGLOu9aPXi9IWeIG1F3P2TMw6Jjypc=.#=qq9AZw6Us58ROAyWwTg2uEQ==.#=qjFIJF$TG7RQxHJAsotOPTZlxdT7BtDk7KAaSsrwlhBk=(Int32 #=qtdrAkDa1envct9OzNZXwgA==)
   at #=qlMcsC5ixxwq5uFGLOu9aPXi9IWeIG1F3P2TMw6Jjypc=.#=q7siwWk6f9oQrew8H8VycZ0KprmvQ98JnDX6fqVKxDmY=(Int32 #=qwb_$g5EkaBEIEsXisaSuPg==)
   at #=qYiBrCwgabegamgJ6RCwiqIyJ6xpeOW0Qf3bcWsv_DNr2L2xxrNIDg_VZQ3j7DgCp..ctor(Point #=qUZBoN3ZBTeOdiEuyJiRf1Q==, Int32 #=qDrXcHavg2GHrF5uV$4UyyA==, Int32 #=qJyS7lvlF5RFEKXRDe3AXgw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qe41YyKwMbBmEFc537uzLpg==.#=qvRU52mKTjVb_YZFJ2o_DPN9jfzrjQ3X2tIj9QDsMeD4=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=quaNZnB_m9aA2Ydv3fRS5$Q==.#=qwGwYFpO3M$n$3gBq6kiOKw==(ApplicationCommand #=qd_vbRE4ZcrwvlUf82BfXqg==, Object #=qq0xLUZ1Q_Fyos_t7Hvo7LA==, IList`1 #=qRwb5A07GVHSA6GhRc4Hq1Q==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=q1QJQcxt3kLUINn9_5ymOVg==(MouseEventArgs #=qKKVpbFRoUQyS8vkUZRjcPw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qTshZbCc3_z8oF2cTn8tA1A==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qErDu_pdQdE263OPO0h6Hk1TXzslGZCCzs5vBfmuJn8E=.WndProc(Message& #=qfwwnxsVakcJBWcpbhKZ5Aw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qcWKB3vry1GvK8h8gyseSGQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I haven't gotten that error at any other point, but further testing reveals that even just navigating to the virtual device in the left panel triggers the layout bug.  (If you think it matters, I can test with an actual, attached device, too.)

Here are the layout settings as I had them:

Here they are after reset:

(An extra curious point: even though it shows the column browser enabled in the main panel, it doesn't actually show up until I open and save the layout settings.)

p.s. this new layout configuration does make it really quick and easy to fix the problem!
Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:42:34 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Justin34

May have spoken too soon, after I restarted Musicbee the duplicate files that I had chosen to hide all re-appeared.

Steven

• Administrator
Also, sync settings didn't carry over from 2.5.  Should they have?
they do carry accross but i see i introduced a stupid mistake when saving. Thats fixed for the next update. You could manually copy the old settings from
<Devices>
</Devices>
and replace the equivalent in the MB3 settings file. Dont do that until i provide a version with a fix for saving.
For a few of the layout settings being lost, i noticed the same last night when i first ran the recompiled version. However it seems to be saving correctly now (and with that version after the initial loss) i guess keep an eye on it
for the error, thats a bug with localised MB. I will provide a fix for that later as well or in the interim, remove <SystemLanguage>.. from the settings file

Steven

• Administrator
May have spoken too soon, after I restarted Musicbee the duplicate files that I had chosen to hide all re-appeared.
unless you are to provide a circumstance it happened i wont be able to help as i havent had any issues myself.
I suggest you open the Duplicates Manager and you should see the files MB has marked as hidden in the bottom section of that panel

Steven

• Administrator
link is updated with the fix for device settings and opening the preferences dialog with a localisation enabled

scartez

Hi there! Whenever I try to open the preferences dialogue I'm getting this error:

MusicBee v3.0.5772.33938 (Win6.0), 21 out 2015 18:59:

System.ArgumentException: Parâmetro inválido.
   em System.Drawing.Image.get_RawFormat()
   em System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
   em System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Point point)
   em #=qAc$xkkTaerkUFJ56JIU_g8x0tcFkVW7lUCQ143Fs6PI=._Lambda$__55-0(Graphics #=qyg5t46uXCYgLxKUIvqv4vQ==)
   em #=qJJbhUmkDCLHjb6ODCLjiJw==.#=qIOt8L5Jd2mwdMyeLnhm7sw==.#=qerV5v_i8red8hyzoi1kfXw==(Graphics #=q3gozAeb6XObe$zqCAQaRMg==, #=qgIi8IjPQAJ6RZgRImkDy1U2BA6AAHrfR_NtCHid5nTc= #=q7JFHaVy5a_dSp6ahgDfbig==, Rectangle #=qZj0oBZl8lHz9_uUFpkDwZA==, Rectangle #=qotImPVJIhHQevG5T9P60Yg==)
   em #=qAc$xkkTaerkUFJ56JIU_g8x0tcFkVW7lUCQ143Fs6PI=.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qRAYYR4rudLhyihAcSDPDTg==)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
what skin are you using? Also possibly relevant is what is your screen DPI eg. 96DPI or 120DPI

scartez

Default MusicBee 3 as included in the zip. Don't know how to identify if it's 96 or 120 dpi.

Edit: my setup is 96 dpi.
Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:34:36 PM by scartez