Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233180 times)

Steven

• Administrator
@phred, for the graphical glitch, is it something that always happens?
If it is easily reproducable, when it does happen, try dragging the dialog window to the edge of the screen so most of the dialog is off screen and then drag it back again - does that correct the glicthes?

@hiccup, please hold off from reporting issues related to specific skins - i know there are some issues and plan to look at skinning after other functional changes are done

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, for the graphical glitch, is it something that always happens?
If it is easily reproducable, when it does happen, try dragging the dialog window to the edge of the screen so most of the dialog is off screen and then drag it back again - does that correct the glicthes?
Yes Steven, the graphical glitch happens every time I open the tag editor and click on the Lyrics tab.  BUT it doesn't not happen if the editor was closed on the Lyrics tab and the next time it is opened it is already on the Lyrics tab.  The glitches auto-correct within a second or two so I don't really have time to drag the window to screen edge.

And in the interest of not having you chase your tail on this one, I just tried it in 2.5.x and while it does happen there also, the 'correction' happens much, much faster.  Now that I know to look for it, I see it (in 2.5) but if I wasn't looking at that area when selecting the Lyrics tab, I wouldn't notice it.  But the glitch is visible for a longer period of time in 3.x.  Obviously long enough to grab a screen shot.

I can live with this as it is since it's not something you can reproduce. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ankor

Could it be you are referring to the column that displays the sequence of songs in the cue, and not the actual track numbers of songs on an album?
In that case it is most probably very intentional not to be able to hide that.

Yes it's the sequence number but I'm able to hide it in v2.5.  Also I now have several sequence # columns showing in Playing Tracks panel that I can't get rid of.

I took a look at settings file and discovered multiple sets of <MediaField> under <FormNowPlayingSidebarFields> where Code=78, Width=18. I left one set and removed the rest. With that edit, the Playing Tracks panel now does not display the sequence column and the duplicate columns are gone. Here's the segment of the xml I found before making the change.

<FormNowPlayingSidebarFields>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>20</Code>
  <Width>15</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>78</Code>
  <Width>0</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>78</Code>
  <Width>18</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>78</Code>
  <Width>18</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>78</Code>
  <Width>18</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>78</Code>
  <Width>18</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>32</Code>
  <Width>66</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>65</Code>
  <Width>116</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>75</Code>
  <Width>75</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>110</Code>
  <Width>30</Width>
 </MediaField>
 <MediaField>
  <Code>14</Code>
  <Width>17</Width>
 </MediaField>
</FormNowPlayingSidebarFields>
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:50:51 PM by ankor

hiccup

@hiccup, please hold off from reporting issues related to specific skins - i know there are some issues and plan to look at skinning after other functional changes are done

No problem, I'll stop searching and reporting on that matter.
I created a new topic for this under developers > skins, and moved my recent posts on this there.
So when you get to zooming in on skinning problems and requests you can just take a look there.

btw:
I believe most of them are not related to specific skins.
It is just that they are not so well noticeable in the more 'bland' default skin but roar their ugly faces in more outspoken skins.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:32:12 PM by hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
@ankor, the # field should be fixed for the next update
@hiccup, i meant specifically about skin colors, scroll bars that sort of thing. The window resizing bug isnt a skin coloring issue and i need to fix it now for example

hiccup

@hiccup, i meant specifically about skin colors, scroll bars that sort of thing. The window resizing bug isnt a skin coloring issue and i need to fix it now for example

I'll try two distinguish better between those two.

Steven

• Administrator
@phred, the delay you have for repainting is a bit of a mystery to me. I have made a change for changing tabs and also the file/ rescan picture repaint. Same download link as before. Let me know if it helps. If it works, you would need to tell me other places its very slow

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, the delay you have for repainting is a bit of a mystery to me. I have made a change for changing tabs and also the file/ rescan picture repaint. Same download link as before. Let me know if it helps. If it works, you would need to tell me other places its very slow
Much better Steven!  The repaint issue on the Lyrics tab of the Tag Editor is gone.  The issue with doing a File Rescan on an album in Artwork View still exists, but the repaint time is much, much faster than when I first reported it.  I see a brief flash of white between the time the File Rescan is complete and the artwork is repainted.  Again, I can live with it unless you know exactly where you need to make a minor change.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for the issues reported above.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

@Alumni, the Playlist Manager is only intended and available for when the left sidebar is hidden. I have changed it so that when adding new tabs its always visible for selection

Alumni

@Alumni, the Playlist Manager is only intended and available for when the left sidebar is hidden. I have changed it so that when adding new tabs its always visible for selection

I understand, but isn't that currently the only way of enabling the playlist manager?
Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:54:46 AM by Alumni

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure if this latest fix is supposed to address my artwork view repaint issue., but the issue is not resolved with this latest version.  

Two new issues in this fix:  
- From the Panels Config screen (the little grid box next to the search box) I can not drag the wavebar to the top panel.  I was able to do that with previous versions of 3.x.  I -can- move it to the top panel by right-clicking in the top panel and selecting Panel Layout > Wavebar. But when configured to the Top Panel using the right-click method, opening the Panels Config screen doesn't conform. And "wavebar" still appears in the "available elements" section.

- Not sure if it's a typo or a glitched graphical element, but the word "search" in the search bar is "searc".  I didn't notice this in previous versions of 3.x. Also, this word only appears on MB launch.  After entering a search term and clicking the "X" to clear it, the word "search" (or "searc") does not reappear.

Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:20:43 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
you have the wavebar configured within the player controls panel (in place of the progress bar)
the wavebar is also available as a standalone panel which is the one that is in the available elements

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
A wish for v3:

Allow displaying the 'stop' button in compact- and mini player.
I know some users seem to have some strange 'hate' for a stop button, but it is intrinsically a different function than pause.

But all you currently need to do is hold the 'shift' key down and the play/pause button displays as the stop button.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
you have the wavebar configured within the player controls panel (in place of the progress bar)
the wavebar is also available as a standalone panel which is the one that is in the available elements
Understood.  Thanks for the clarification.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

A wish for v3:
Allow displaying the 'stop' button in compact- and mini player.
I know some users seem to have some strange 'hate' for a stop button, but it is intrinsically a different function than pause.
But all you currently need to do is hold the 'shift' key down and the play/pause button displays as the stop button.

Thnx, I didn't know that.