Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233286 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm getting the bug that Phred reported here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15927.0
Yes, this was never addressed in 2.5 and continues its behavior in 3.0.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Also no problems on my current PC, my other PC is the one having this issue.
which windows versions are they each running?

With the one (very) minor issue on File Rescan.  When performed in Artwork View, the album art disappears briefly at the completion of the scan. 
it reappears automatically without any actions by yourself right?
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:55:50 AM by Steven

hiccup

Is one of the objectives of v3 starting to steer away from right-click context menu's?
In many locations they currently have been replaced by a left click on a 'menu drop down' icon.
(which is not actually a benefit in the sense of the number of clicks)

I could imagine this is being done for the possible benefit of using MB on touch screens such as phones and tablets?
(although I believe holding your finger/pen on an entry for 1 sec. is an often used equivalent for opening a context menu)

The reason I bring this up is that at the current state v3 is in, these different concepts are now slightly mingling.

I have no strong feelings about this at the moment, and it might be just be because a natural impulse of 'holding on to what you are used to, but my feelings about this:

In the current version of v3 we now have:
- bars that have a right-click context menu
- bars where you must left click on the drop-down arrow to get the menu
- bars where neither is doing anything, but you must go to a preferences panel to make adjustments

Personally I believe a bit more consistency in this would be good.
I myself lean towards having right-click context menu's as much as possible. I wouldn't mind having those at all applicable title bars or other applicable items.
Most users are probably also already quite used to that, and it keeps the title bars much cleaner, without having the new 'drop-down arrows'.

Maybe it would be good to always have left-clicking a bar just working as a toggle switch for different views (with possibly a maximum of three states), without menus popping up (just like how sorting the contents of a column already works), and a right click would open more available options.

And another thought: for bars or panes where you would like to have access to more options, I believe nowadays 'the three dots' (I don't know what they are usually called) are used in Windows Phone. (and perhaps also in W10 tablet mode?)
(I believe Android uses the 'hamburger' for this, three small horizontal bars on top of each-other)

Maybe for platform-wide consistency, a version of the three dots could be an option to implement in v3 for applicable situations?
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:20:05 AM by hiccup

Sofocl

Crash when closing MB. MusicBee3.exe process is not unloaded.
Code
MusicBee v3.0.5759.39802 (Win6.3), 9 ??? 2015 13:23:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of the object.
   ? #=q_ckpHShejlWBoXw6UgUoF9WExTbWr135hoynGxeYA12SYMSJGmb2KC$cTyFy8EQ7.#=qBM94DrGTG7a3TBj4qZ16dQ==()
   ? #=qoztf5A43EgdpztNsgBLl2LQLNV0Y9HlgKSaCZu5nkcrSOZuq2DPWFRrja_mkX3EO.#=qAgjjfVuCIW1isRCXSgBcww==()
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qgj9SgEXbAw45tftN0z_csA==.#=q9zkamBvIhRy1tOkn2NJPF1w5eNGrbX44M795m1QyuMs=.#=qAgjjfVuCIW1isRCXSgBcww==()
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.Dispose(Boolean #=q0P6psi4ktkJSW8uFH9_KbA==)
   ? System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? #=q2btp4aHyWqIyPWWnmRVrNpBXeMXRVa4m_2F_J$bH8oU=.WndProc(Message& #=qwZo4ObrurlEYyMnkaJ2J8A==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qOxDhlyaETNBculC2orHpNg==)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Sorry for my bad English.

hiccup

While trying to subscribe to a podcast:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5759.39802 (Win10.0), 9 okt 2015 11:04:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qqwwdD2weTER77_lQCnOCkynM8KQmFC5HAwU0WDETDTk=.#=qSKaWdsgwEx$pHa7vTtDLxw$vvsXk12UfdxbP7LrJ8fA=(Char #=qn2d6SkvXZ3yP74ktEFAXlg==)
   at #=qqwwdD2weTER77_lQCnOCkynM8KQmFC5HAwU0WDETDTk=.#=qXbcCUE6huDZ2vMNMO43OdaLxY_OhGQYUs5lz398LvIg=(String #=qwmJbIlDaMq02dJzw5ZTknQ==, Boolean #=q0d$R1zgWLCAkCoJuQR9ScQCG9reu9CoszvjXPW9K5ypogCtLbmU3paIdHN$w5JrM)
   at #=qPvsBiWN540Fn5zCRMywGv389aVMnnKL8ShlMZcbMhPOv7RSQSPjGtsAZWxMjnMVY.#=qsp3gDYKqEjmRG0X0RqTw8C5UmKzGWT7FKXxZXKEjaDI=(Object #=qsOcs_zbtbpMHeKyAywFeNw==, EventArgs #=qoVhMvbvUuLDwWqCRW2ebSA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Alumni

which windows versions are they each running?

My main system is running Windows 10. My other PC is on Windows 7 - this has the bugs I mentioned.

phred

• Global Moderator
With the one (very) minor issue on File Rescan.  When performed in Artwork View, the album art disappears briefly at the completion of the scan. 
it reappears automatically without any actions by yourself right?
Yes, that's correct.   It's never blank for more than what seems one or two seconds.  I checked to see if the number of tracks being scanned has anything to do with the duration of blankness and it does not.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Type something into the search box in any view.  Switch to a different view and the search box empties and new view is -all- tracks.  This does not happen in 2.5.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
Crash when closing MB. MusicBee3.exe process is not unloaded.
can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

My main system is running Windows 10. My other PC is on Windows 7 - this has the bugs I mentioned.
does on of the computers have 2 screens and also does it happen if the click location is well to the left of the right edge?

Sofocl

Alumni

does on of the computers have 2 screens and also does it happen if the click location is well to the left of the right edge?

Actually yes it does have dual monitors, I didn't think to check the other screen as it's usually turned off.
The floating window always pops up on the other monitor instead of my primary monitor for some reason.
With my setup the playing tracks panel is located in the far right sidebar.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:06:28 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
the reason is because no player controls are enabled. I will fix the bug but in the interim, enabling the main or sidebar player will address the issue

Steven

• Administrator
Actually yes it does have dual monitors, I didn't think to check the other screen as it's usually turned off.
The floating window always pops up on the other monitor instead of my primary monitor for some reason.
With my setup the playing tracks panel is located in the far right sidebar.
it should be fixed but i cant test to confirm. Let me know if it applies to using it from other places.
I will post an updated version later

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported including the podcast subscription bug, but noy the remaining skin issues

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe