Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233299 times)

Alumni

Is it normal that you can't edit columns in the Auto DJ node? Right clicking doesn't show a context menu.

Edit: I was just configuring the device settings for my tablet and I inadvertently broke MusicBee - every time I opened the app I received an error message and couldn't continue. I managed to get it running again by deleting my settings file in AppData. Here is the error:

~~~

MusicBee v3.0.5758.39706 (Win6.1), 9 Oct 2015 0:28:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
   at MusicBee.Media.StorageManager.#=qAjfYGif$mbuRZ3ZPSZ0LlWIUGZRRU0Kbys4D2Na0XZE=(String #=qIPYKclhI7DF0RDE$MM$dsQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qXACDPnv9_W7H7bbY6Jnokqg$wQQZiMHdjsnV_Hwg3VI=.#=q5euVf9kFYz5q3ZAz_JbNsXDNX1wAMuRoX0CZjwFz5VM=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qJZ62f3OlbVQDLi8xPeZ8BQ==(String[] #=qckr4Z5XPle2s6ovyV_uAEQ==)

~~~

PS: I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong - I added fdkaac.exe as an encoder, but I don't see the option to convert to AAC when syncing to my device... the drop down menu lists every format except this one.
Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:09:57 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
@Alumni, can you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Alumni

Ok, sent. I actually deleted the original file to get it working again, but I somehow managed to re-produce the error.

Steven

• Administrator
Ok, sent. I actually deleted the original file to get it working again, but I somehow managed to re-produce the error.
its when you exit having the device summary panel open. I have fixed it and will make an updated version available later. In the interim, edit the settings file, search for <NavigatorInitialTabs> and remove that block to </NavigatorInitialTabs>

phred

• Global Moderator
Am I the only one experiencing this?

When in Track Details view or Artwork view, right-click on album (or on selected tracks) and Send To File Rescan results in

MusicBee v3.0.5758.39706 (Win6.1), 7 Oct 2015 20:40:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qpcLAdeRqss4mtsTAmm7KUOUIIA6q3trGfjJkQSnnMi8=.#=qh_iXK2E_8M1IJBd9kOFIfJv_efVsgDq8zTGPjA_YCnI=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qZHPfU5x28VEZVc9gW9PYIQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

When in Track Details view or Artwork view, right-click on album (or on selected tracks) and Send To File Rescan results in

No you're not, I also reported this earlier:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg96803#msg96803

phred

• Global Moderator

No you're not, I also reported this earlier:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg96803#msg96803
Ahhh ... I hadn't noticed that before.  Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
no, hiccups error should be fixed and yours is different. However i cant reproduce. Does it always happen, or if not when it does happen are you able to use other right click commands such as Edit

Steven

• Administrator
Not a serious bug in any sense, but on my system, when I drag the corner of the compact player to enlarge it, I get lots of 'funny looking' borders and resize arrows. But they also disappear as soon as I release the mouse button.
use Print Screen rather than Alt Print Screen
However, for the compact player or the Now Playing panel, MB doesnt attempt to resize the panels until the mouse button is released. You should only see an empty frame border during the resize operation

phred

• Global Moderator
no, hiccups error should be fixed and yours is different. However i cant reproduce. Does it always happen, or if not when it does happen are you able to use other right click commands such as Edit
Yes, Send To File Rescan always results in an error.  Checking other options on the right-click menu, all seem to work with the exception of those under Send To.  These Sent Tos result in an error:
- Auto DJ
- Audiobooks
- Inbox
- Folder Move
- Folder Copy
- Folder Replace
- Clipboard
- External App
- Format Converter
- File Rescan
- Volume Analysis
- Playlist > External Playlists (If I send to a playlist that's already listed in the window, it works without error.)
In other words, -all- of the options under Send To result in an error. 

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Alumni

Yes, Send To File Rescan always results in an error.  Checking other options on the right-click menu, all seem to work with the exception of those under Send To.

For me 'file rescan' does work, but 'send to folder' doesn't, I get this error when I try to do that;

~~~

MusicBee v3.0.5758.39706 (Win10.0), 9 Oct 2015 6:36:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '#=qCP83_pTz6f3uxtMaECWOqWA7Cpy2Kt9WDxAjd2kRCu4hCTyRAT3XeqwLZXMKxCFE' to type '#=qpcLAdeRqss4mtsTAmm7KUOUIIA6q3trGfjJkQSnnMi8='.
   at #=qpcLAdeRqss4mtsTAmm7KUOUIIA6q3trGfjJkQSnnMi8=.#=qh_iXK2E_8M1IJBd9kOFIfJv_efVsgDq8zTGPjA_YCnI=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qZHPfU5x28VEZVc9gW9PYIQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

~~~

By the way, I was just looking over some playlists and the view mode was stuck in track details, I couldn't change it. Anyone else?

Steven

• Administrator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported, apart from the remaining skin issues

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, Send To File Rescan always results in an error.  Checking other options on the right-click menu, all seem to work with the exception of those under Send To.
By the way, I was just looking over some playlists and the view mode was stuck in track details, I couldn't change it. Anyone else?
It's working fine for me.  I can go back and forth between Album and Track Details

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
this has fixes for most of the issues reported, apart from the remaining skin issues

http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

same instructions as before - unzip into the folder where MB is installed and run MusicBee3.exe
I'm happy to report that all of the Send To options available via right-clicking, including File Rescan are working correctly.  With the one (very) minor issue on File Rescan.  When performed in Artwork View, the album art disappears briefly at the completion of the scan.  This does not happen with 2.5.  But I can live with it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Alumni

It's working fine for me.  I can go back and forth between Album and Track Details

Also no problems on my current PC, my other PC is the one having this issue.
When I click on 'album covers' or 'album and tracks' it ignores my input.

could you give some more info or post a screenshot as i have no problems using set displayed fields in the playing tracks panel

This might help - I noticed that when I select 'set displayed fields' the entire MusicBee window loses focus.
Even though the floating window doesn't pop up, I have to double click something to get my input back.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:43:03 AM by Alumni