Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1247676 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
When using the new 'Custom Tags' option for the Thumbnail Browser,  what you select is not what you get.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Sofocl

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5757.40173 (Win6.3), 7 ??? 2015 7:12:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of the object.
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qyKFig_OXXtzUTRruhzl1vAVieHC2ZSJj4P49CLHC_i8=.#=qaApirz2gI$y7Q3KEuZmLJySxaTJ7Xec$AqBl9vgb$WQ=()
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qyKFig_OXXtzUTRruhzl1vAVieHC2ZSJj4P49CLHC_i8=.#=qXszxInr8zx1g$cYFLdSg$asKVKdKshUyGt9AY1V$JUk=(ColumnWidthChangedEventArgs #=q4CbAz9bmNxW9PlF3UpG2hw==)
   ? #=qBUV0xImnww2OIjZCh1$V5rC3FqA3wOLwmBmwSDA2zkw=.#=qq3OtK43JsDqDuXUKzfnj9$LGftw06DpgjX8ds3yL05Q=(Object #=qk1xnNvcLzoPEwAwDBlIK3A==, EventArgs #=qLnKmjJnb2uFIWq$tDENJCg==)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Sorry for my bad English.

hiccup

@hiccup, i need clarification on what you did to create the issue shown with the ? in your screenshot

I believe we now have some confusion about this, so step by step what happened:

-at a certain moment I noticed the status bar 'dropped to the bottom', below the player. I never saw that before, and assumed it was a glitch, so I reported it. I assumed it was a glitch, since it was also not looking great with the skin used.
I am not aware I did anything by myself to make this happen, but can't be 100% sure, experimenting and all.

- you asked me if I relocated it myself.

- I never knew that that was an option at all, and searched how that could be achieved.

- I then found that in the new configuration panel, under 'bottom panel', you can click and hold 'status bar', and drag it above or below 'player controls'.

- So I then assumed there never was a glitch at all. It's now deliberately an option to put it there?

hiccup

As I wondered earlier, maybe you have not activated this for current alpha, but I thought to mention it anyway:

I set up a couple of custom tags and virtual tags, but they both don't show up in the main panel, nor in the editor pane.

Steven

• Administrator
As I wondered earlier, maybe you have not activated this for current alpha, but I thought to mention it anyway:

I set up a couple of custom tags and virtual tags, but they both don't show up in the main panel, nor in the editor pane.
custom and virtual tags should be working, however there is a possibility they are affected by the same issue as was raised for filters/ auto-playlists. I wont be able to look at it until tonight but i recommend not using the tag editor to save file tags until i can determine what the issue is.

hiccup

but i recommend not using the tag editor to save file tags until i can determine what the issue is.

For me that is no risk, I created a dedicated folder containing a clean portable installation and library for this sole purpose.
So havoc may be inflicted on it.

Coming to think about it, after creating this portable installation, I have not run v2.5 from it at all. I started with v3.
Maybe that is related to the custom tags not being displayed?

Ps, I now ran 2.5 once, before starting up v3 again, but that didn't help.

Alumni

I tested this myself - I took a track that had an existing custom tag and edited that field inside MusicBee. It ended up deleting the tag.

Alumni

A few more miscellaneous bugs from using the latest build, I can provide more details if needed;

The library node's behavior has changed, clicking it doesn't automatically jump to the top of the tracklist.

It's currently not possible to set a custom font for the playing controls panel, as the '...' button is missing.

Album artwork docked in the right hand panel cannot be enlarged past a certain point, instead you get padding on either side.

In some cases floating windows are not appearing - for example 'customize panel' in the 'now playing' node, and 'set displayed fields' in the 'playing tracks' right hand sidebar.
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:51:41 PM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
this has the custom tags issue fixed - anyone who uses custom tags should update to this version as using the previous version, you risk losing custom tag values if you edit a file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/68ia4i13dy6oa0o/MusicBeeDemo.zip

i will look at the other issues raised

Steven

• Administrator
2/  When using the wavebar and spectrum in right sidebar, when placed at top both display correctly
but when placed at the bottom, last selected item is cut off
i cant reproduce this behavior - can you send me you settings file for this

Steven

• Administrator
There is one tiny little glitch however, the tickbox that indicates which filter is activated (right click menu) is not being updated.
can anyone else confirm this behaviour? Its working fine for me

Steven

• Administrator
Album artwork docked in the right hand panel cannot be enlarged past a certain point, instead you get padding on either side.
can you post a screenshot as i am not sure what you mean

, and 'set displayed fields' in the 'playing tracks' right hand sidebar.
could you give some more info or post a screenshot as i have no problems using set displayed fields in the playing tracks panel
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:22:16 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
why do you think thats a bug? thats what i would expect and i believe thats the same behavior as v2.5
also see my edit of my previous post

Alumni

why do you think thats a bug? thats what i would expect and i believe thats the same behavior as v2.5
also see my edit of my previous post

Oh ok, I just assumed the panel was supposed to scale with the artwork to any size.

could you give some more info or post a screenshot as i have no problems using set displayed fields in the playing tracks panel

It's also fine on my current computer, I experienced this bug on another PC (with a fresh install of 2.5 and 3.0).
When right clicking the columns and selecting 'set displayed fields', the window doesn't pop up. I wonder if anyone else can check this?
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:53:04 PM by Alumni