Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233413 times)

Steven

• Administrator
To reproduce: From the drop down menu in search, select "search specific fields", then "set displayed fields", drag and drop "artist" and "album artist" to the right panel and close. When searching for a specific artist, unrelated items are also shown in the results.
i meant for the artwork not showing. The text filter should be easy to figure out and fix

Alumni

i meant for the artwork not showing. The text filter should be easy to figure out and fix

I can reproduce that by switching to a playlist in the left panel and then returning to the music library node. The main panel appears blank, as if the album covers and text are invisible. I just realized that if I scroll down the page, album covers will start to re-appear.

PS: I'm not sure if this is part of the issue, but it seems like 'refresh' is not behaving as usual. For example, I moved around some playlists in Windows Explorer but the changes were not reflected in MusicBee after hitting the refresh button.
Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:52:20 AM by Alumni

Spiron

The library filters aren't working.  They show up but don't have any of the definitions to them.

Alumni

The library filters aren't working.  They show up but don't have any of the definitions to them.

I just checked myself - actually the filters do work at first, the problem is that they reset with null values when restarting MusicBee.

phred

• Global Moderator
However, I'm not seeing any artwork in Artwork View.  I started with a skinned version and then switched to the MB3 default skin.  I just closed and relaunched MB3 again and there was a brief flash of the artwork displayed before it went to this:
can you send me your settings (help/ support/ view settings)
Settings file sent to your email address.
Note that this morning, upon MB3 launch, artwork appeared in Artwork View.  However, after switching to Track Details and then back to Artwork, the art is not appearing.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I just checked myself - actually the filters do work at first, the problem is that they reset with null values when restarting MusicBee.
i have been using filters for ages using v3 without issue. Can you explain what you mean by "reset"

hiccup

Skin errors:

- track text pane misses gradient from original
- library/playing details are below the player pane
- transparency for top corners don't work

hiccup

When trying to set a toolbar button, I noticed that "view: show column browser" is now missing.

Alumni

i have been using filters for ages using v3 without issue. Can you explain what you mean by "reset"

The filters are still present, but the rules contained within are missing.

phred

• Global Moderator

The filters are still present, but the rules contained within are missing.
I can confirm this behavior.  The list of filters shows in the left panel, yet criteria within the filter definition is gone.  I selected my Classical filter and I'm shown -all- my music.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

In Artwork main panel view, the slider to resize the albumart is gone.
Has it been relocated?

phred

• Global Moderator

I can reproduce that by switching to a playlist in the left panel and then returning to the music library node. The main panel appears blank, as if the album covers and text are invisible. I just realized that if I scroll down the page, album covers will start to re-appear.
Yes, this method also causes the artwork to not appear.  What I was doing was simply switching views between Album and Details.  Now, in Album view, clicking on a playlist the initial album view is blank.  If I scroll down, album art appears.  And only -sometimes- when I scroll back up does the "missing" art appear.  Sometimes that missing section stays missing.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Alumni

Has it been relocated?

You should see it in the main panel header drop down menu, at the bottom.

hiccup

Has it been relocated?
You should see it in the main panel header drop down menu, at the bottom.

I don't see it, what am I missing?

hiccup

Some display corruption occuring when left clicking the top border of the window:
(original windows close/resize buttons pop-up, and a white line appears)
A Sophisticated Bee skin