Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233075 times)

Steven

• Administrator
one thing that has been raised in the past is the lack of an atist browser in the new Music Explorer panel. Its been done for v3.1 but because its a very useful thing, I have decided to include it in the v3 patch. It enables filtering not just by artist, but also a number of other tags such as Genre, Year, etc
You can hide/ unhide it if you dont want it - it might be an issue if you dont have much space

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

redwing

one thing that has been raised in the past is the lack of an atist browser in the new Music Explorer panel. Its been done for v3.1 but because its a very useful thing, I have decided to include it in the v3 patch. It enables filtering not just by artist, but also a number of other tags such as Genre, Year, etc
You can hide/ unhide it if you dont want it - it might be an issue if you dont have much space

Thanks, this is a great addition! Can you add jump support when typing over the list?

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Thanks, now it's jumping following typing. But it works only for the first letter unlike jump support for other browsers in MB. So if you type "cold", you end up with artists starting with "D" rather than "Cold".

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks, now it's jumping following typing. But it works only for the first letter unlike jump support for other browsers in MB. So if you type "cold", you end up with artists starting with "D" rather than "Cold".
i wont do anything more for v3 around this

Steven

• Administrator
i changed my mind and have added full support for "jump to" typing in the new music explorer filter panel

redwing

Current tab style options wording:

Centered/UPPER TEXT
Boxed/Mixed Text

Proposed:

UPPER CASE
Mixed Case

- Difficult to get the meaning.
- Many skins don't use "boxed" style for mixed case mode. When boxed style is not used, "centered" means little.

Or, can you just add case & align setting for active/inactive tabs?
Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:59:07 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i have made some tweaks to the Now Playing panel for when the right sidebar is overlaid on the picture and some tweaks to the Music Explorer display.
Unless some substantial issue is raised, this is the version i am planning to go with to a v3 update release i am planning to do probably tomorrow.
After that i will close down this topic and focus on v3.1 enhancements which are already well in progress

electro

I just tried MB3 (the version from Download page). Is there any way to disable the left panel completely? If I hide it and then click the tab's name, it appears again for a short period of time. It doesn't even look the same (the fonts are smaller).

electro

1. Is there any way that the left panel to be moved on top (horizontally) with the exact functionality? This left panel is important but it's eating too much space when it could be displayed horizontally.

2. I suggest you implementing a dropbox near the search box with all playlists.

3. These elements have the height too big.

4. on MB2.5 I could select the lyrics view with just one click (the options were next to each other). Now there are 2 clicks needed. Not efficient now.

5. I suggest you adding a shortcut key to display the Now Playing page.
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:25:05 PM by electro

Steven

• Administrator
I just tried MB3 (the version from Download page). Is there any way to disable the left panel completely? If I hide it and then click the tab's name, it appears again for a short period of time. It doesn't even look the same (the fonts are smaller).
i never noticed that before but you are right, the font is wrong when the left sidebar is hidden and pops up. Also this version corrects the handling for clicking on the tab header when the left panel is marked as hidden

unzip into the folder MB is installed

electro

i never noticed that before but you are right, the font is wrong when the left sidebar is hidden and pops up. Also this version corrects the handling for clicking on the tab header when the left panel is marked as hidden

unzip into the folder MB is installed
Thanks. Also for some reason I can't move that Navigator from the left panel.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

That's intentional.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

electro

That's intentional.
If this Navigator could be moved let's say on the top header (displayed of course horizontally), MB would be improved. Right now I have 3 vertical panels (Navigator / Main Files / Right Panel with sidebar player, track info & playing tracks) and I'd like to have only the latter two, but keep the functionality of that Navigator.

I tried to open all Navigator's items as tabs and lock them, but it's just not the same: I want to work with just one tab.
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:58:12 PM by electro