Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233461 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
The wavebar is now yellow when my entire Windows theme is green/gray. Shouldn't it use one of the system colours?
The wavebar would have nothing to do with your Windows theme.  It is MusicBee theme-dependent.  So the question becomes, what theme are you using?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When using the "dead links" filter, removed links are not removed from the filter unless you reopen it.  F5 doesn't help.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Modo

When using the "dead links" filter, removed links are not removed from the filter unless you reopen it.  F5 doesn't help.
I am using Windows Theme. And that is precisely my point. It uses my Windows colours everywhere else, except for the wave bar. Why would that be?

Steven

• Administrator
thats fixed for the next update

phred

• Global Moderator
I am using Windows Theme. And that is precisely my point. It uses my Windows colours everywhere else, except for the wave bar. Why would that be?
What version of MB are you using?
Can you post a screenshot?  http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots

I'm pretty sure the fact that it's using your Windows colors is just a coincidence.  I may be wrong but think the name "Windows Theme" is meant to indicate it is a theme that -looks- like Windows with Windows OS colors. Not that it picks up your Windows OS theme colors.  Perhaps someone else can confirm my theory.

I just tried the windows theme on MB 3.x and it's mostly gray. Including the wavebar.  And my OS theme is not gray.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
"Windows Theme" means there is no skin file applied at all, so it either uses a default color or whatever Windows provides.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
thats right - MB uses window controls and colours as the basis for the skin, but there is some variation

Steven

• Administrator
fix for this:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

hiccup

The 'Delete' keyboard key doesn't always work in the main panel.

Steps to reproduce:

Have Track Details in the main panel and tag editor docked at the bottom.
Select a range of tracks by clicking while holding [Shift].

When you press [Del], you are not presented with the option to delete those tracks. (Because the focus went to 'Track title' in the Tag Editor panel.)

edit,
And some other behaviour in the Track details panel I wouldn't expect:
When you select a track there, and then use the [Page Dn] key, focus is lost on the track that was selected before, and a whole different track gets selected.
I would expect the selected track to remain selected.
Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:12:37 AM by hiccup

mozpri

Hello everybody.

Is there any way to disable auto scrolling in the now playing panel?
Every time a track starts playing the playlist position changes so that the playing track is at the bottom of the panel.

Gif: http://i.imgur.com/qKuTRPH.gifv

Steven

• Administrator
Is there any way to disable auto scrolling in the now playing panel?
Every time a track starts playing the playlist position changes so that the playing track is at the bottom of the panel.
i wont change the auto-scrolling behavior for v3.0 but i have corrected the bug where it shows the playing track at the bottom - it should be shown at the top

unzip into the folder MB is installed
Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:03:32 PM by Steven

redwing

When auto-calculate album rating is enabled in Tags (1), Albums view does not update the album rating immediately, requiring refresh. In Album & Tracks view it's working fine.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is "recommended artists" in Recommendations (under Services) working for anyone?  I never see anything there.
it requires your last.fm account in order to retrieve the last.fm recommendations ie. you need to have logged into last.fm at least once

That explains the portable version, but I'm logged in to last.fm on the other and there's nothing there either.  I logged out and back in to be sure.  Scrobbling is working.

Is this working for other folks?  I still haven't seen any results under recommended artists, and my last.fm is connected and working fine otherwise.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Is this working for other folks?  I still haven't seen any results under recommended artists, and my last.fm is connected and working fine otherwise.

Working fine for me regardless of the account. Maybe check if your plugin is updated:

for musicbee 3 only
i have made a change so the Last.fm recommendations panel is now accessed from the Services node in the lest navigator and shows in the entire main panel
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dg2o1e9wnoky6ad/mb_LastFmRecommendationsPlugin_%28for_MB_V3%29.zip

you will need the very latest MB3 version:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is built-in functionality, not a plugin.  I'm talking about the very first listing under services.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:00:42 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)