Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232958 times)

Alumni

The activated/not activated state of the search box could use some tweaking, as it isn't behaving consistently across tabs.

In tab 1 type a keyword in the search box, then click an item in the main panel, now switch to tab 2 - the search box is not deactivated even when the main panel has focus. The search box behaves normally when switching tabs only if the tab with the search results is not brought into focus (ie. an item in main panel is clicked). PS: If you need to test this yourself you can use my dark themed skin.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
for the next update the album cover images will rotate. I havent done anything about in including a right click context menu for the album cover
further to this, i have now done the context menu and also double click support for the album cover
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Wow! :)
I was only expecting to have the primary album cover image fixed for the Now Playing view (and other views), not full image rotation and right-click context menu support.
Well worth the wait.
Thank you very much Steven.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

ankor

but I'd like to suggest, for a future update after 3.0, if any USER queued tracks (via Queue Next) exist when turning on Auto DJ, those queued tracks should remain in the list of tracks to play and Auto DJ tracks should be added AFTER them, OR....
that should already be the case now and just retested to confirm. Can you give me step-by-step what actions you are doing?
Scenario A - Just start Auto DJ and the Now Playing list is cleared (except for current track) and populated by AutoDJ selections. Turn off AutoDJ, then start it and process repeats.

Scenario B - AutoDJ & Shuffle are off. I delete everything in Now Playing (manually-Del key) except for current track. Use context menu Queue Next to add to Now Playing list. Start AutoDJ and same as Scenario A.

Scenario C - same as Scenario B except Shuffle is ON. When AutoDJ is started the queued tracks remain in place and AutoDJ adds to the list to achieve the list size.

(Shuffle has 3 icons. There's the one that looks like "Equal" sign (No Shuffle), then "Equal" with "backslash" kinda (Shuffle) and then the 3rd one. What is the 3rd shuffle icon?)

Scenario D - AutoDJ is OFF and Shuffle is ON. The list generated by AutoDJ is there but I don't manually queue any tracks.  I manually delete most but not all in the list. Start AutoDJ and the list is cleared except for the current track and populated from AutoDJ.

I hope that helps.

redwing

Probably tomorrow i will make the first release candidate available.
To save future confusion I am going to release it as MusicBee.exe (and not MusicBee3.exe)
So from tomorrow the patched version on this topic will become MusicBee.exe which also means your v2.5 exe will be overwritten. So keep a copy as a different name if you still want to use v2.5

Does this also mean you will not include v2.5 in the v3 installer? Then no need to support v2.5 with skins? If that's the case, I'd like to clear up skins solely for v3.

Steven

• Administrator
it wont include v2.5. Whether you support v2.5 skins is up to you but for myself I am not spending time looking at v2.5

ankor

it wont include v2.5. Whether you support v2.5 skins is up to you but for myself I am not spending time looking at v2.5
+1

Steven

• Administrator
Scenario B - AutoDJ & Shuffle are off. I delete everything in Now Playing (manually-Del key) except for current track. Use context menu Queue Next to add to Now Playing list. Start AutoDJ and same as Scenario A.
if you have shuffle enabled then "queue next" tracks are placed in a special queue/ and numbered. With yesterday's version will include those at the start of the auto-dj list. Anything else on the now playing list is cleared. If shuffle was not enabled, the entire now playing list except the current playing track is cleared. There isnt any way to know which items were included in the now playing list via queue next. Keep in mind that if MB didnt automatically clear the now playing list, i am sure people would complain as it could easily be holding all tracks in the library

i think all the other scenarios are variations on what i just described. I dont think i will change the behavior as-of yesterday for v3.0 but happy to reconsider for v3.1 after discussion

Steven

• Administrator
The activated/not activated state of the search box could use some tweaking, as it isn't behaving consistently across tabs.
Screwy things happen when the tabs and the command buttons overlap.  I don't know why it shows the mouse in the wrong place, but I was actually pressing the "Restart" button here: http://imgur.com/BxAdp5L
those are fixed for the next update
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:12:52 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

unzip into the folder MB is installed. Note that the .exe is now MusicBee.exe and MusicBee3.exe should be deleted

Alumni

unzip into the folder MB is installed. Note that the .exe is now MusicBee.exe and MusicBee3.exe should be deleted

Cool, it remembered my settings. Am I imagining things or are there new window animations in MusicBee?

ankor

if you have shuffle enabled then "queue next" tracks are placed in a special queue/ and numbered. With yesterday's version will include those at the start of the auto-dj list. Anything else on the now playing list is cleared. If shuffle was not enabled, the entire now playing list except the current playing track is cleared. There isnt any way to know which items were included in the now playing list via queue next. Keep in mind that if MB didnt automatically clear the now playing list, i am sure people would complain as it could easily be holding all tracks in the library

i think all the other scenarios are variations on what i just described. I dont think i will change the behavior as-of yesterday for v3.0 but happy to reconsider for v3.1 after discussion
that seems to match my experience. not clearing the queued tracks (with Shuffle) is very good. otherwise not a big deal unless others find reason for more. thanks as always.

Steven

• Administrator
Cool, it remembered my settings. Am I imagining things or are there new window animations in MusicBee?
no new animations

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The configuration settings for compact player in "playlist" mode don't seem to have any effect.  (And there seem to be weird glitches if you change them.)
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:28:35 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Coogan

Getting the  following error:

MusicBee v3.0.5939.39298 (Win10.0), 6 Apr 2016 5:37:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal(IntPtr hdc)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs.get_Graphics()
   at #=qgBFo2X6DSXAlftEOi$NVCZArZ6S1VC2qah8IgwPFUUc=.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qhKH_5_$KckG5oJ69T6yWrg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qgBFo2X6DSXAlftEOi$NVCZArZ6S1VC2qah8IgwPFUUc=.WndProc(Message& #=qDn$8x_TiyYfb4ed20GvsvQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Steven

• Administrator
Getting the  following error:
what were you doing around the time the error occured? and did you have any other windows open at the time eg. tag editor