Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233755 times)

redwing

EDIT1: one more bug, i guess, is that when a song is played, the lyrics for this song is always not found, and i need to manually "redo search" to "find" the lyrics.
can this be address also?

Check auto-tagging settings under Preferences> Tags (2).

ankor

btw, queued songs no longer get a queue number. Don't recall that changing so just mentioning it.

That only happens if you have shuffle enabled, and if you have Auto DJ on, Shuffle is automatically turned off.
thanks had a feeling it would be something like that

Steven

• Administrator
This is all about Now Playing. I've selected 3-4 tracks and placed them in Now Playing by using the "Queue Next" context menu item. The "current" song is playing and while playing I turn on "Auto DJ".

The entire contents of Now Playing is cleared and it is populated with "Auto DJ" tracks (which I can understand). The queued songs are gone. And the "current song" that is still playing is no longer in the list. However the song at the top of the list is identified (with the graphic) as the current playing track. Are the queued tracks intended to be cleared? Shouldn't the current playing track remain in the list when turning on Auto DJ?
If you click on Search Results node from another tab, you get this error:
those are fixed for the next update
Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:52:47 PM by Steven

redwing

The Web Browser Plugin used to refresh when the song changed, even when switching to a different tab and then back to the plugin tab.

It now seems to refresh every time you switch to another tab and back, which means you always need to wait for the page to load.
i have updated the web browser plugin:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip

you will need to select the appropriate page from the favourites button again

Why not support auto-refreshing the selected website whenever playing track changes just as v2.5 does?

Steven

• Administrator
The Web Browser Plugin used to refresh when the song changed, even when switching to a different tab and then back to the plugin tab.

It now seems to refresh every time you switch to another tab and back, which means you always need to wait for the page to load.
i have updated the web browser plugin:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip

you will need to select the appropriate page from the favourites button again

Why not support auto-refreshing the selected website whenever playing track changes just as v2.5 does?
it does - that instruction is to correct an introduced bug

Steven

• Administrator
Probably tomorrow i will make the first release candidate available.
To save future confusion I am going to release it as MusicBee.exe (and not MusicBee3.exe)
So from tomorrow the patched version on this topic will become MusicBee.exe which also means your v2.5 exe will be overwritten. So keep a copy as a different name if you still want to use v2.5

redwing

it does - that instruction is to correct an introduced bug

OK, I see it's working when one of the bookmarked sites is selected. Can you expand it to sites via right-click menu from track info panel or now playing tab/bar because queries with functions don't work when launched from the plugin's bookmarks?

redwing

So keep a copy as a different name if you still want to use v2.5

But it will overwrite v3's settings file whenever it's launched if v3's settings file is going to be MusicBeeSettings.ini, won't it?

orbittwz

EDIT1: one more bug, i guess, is that when a song is played, the lyrics for this song is always not found, and i need to manually "redo search" to "find" the lyrics.
can this be address also?

Check auto-tagging settings under Preferences> Tags (2).

fixed also!
thank you very much!

Steven

• Administrator
So keep a copy as a different name if you still want to use v2.5
But it will overwrite v3's settings file whenever it's launched if v3's settings file is going to be MusicBeeSettings.ini, won't it?
v3 will continue to maintain its own settings file: MusicBee3Settings.ini

ankor

This is all about Now Playing. I've selected 3-4 tracks and placed them in Now Playing by using the "Queue Next" context menu item. The "current" song is playing and while playing I turn on "Auto DJ".

The entire contents of Now Playing is cleared and it is populated with "Auto DJ" tracks (which I can understand). The queued songs are gone. And the "current song" that is still playing is no longer in the list. However the song at the top of the list is identified (with the graphic) as the current playing track. Are the queued tracks intended to be cleared? Shouldn't the current playing track remain in the list when turning on Auto DJ?
those are fixed for the next update
yes fixed thanks Steven...

but I'd like to suggest, for a future update after 3.0, if any USER queued tracks (via Queue Next) exist when turning on Auto DJ, those queued tracks should remain in the list of tracks to play and Auto DJ tracks should be added AFTER them, OR....
at least give the user the opportunity to pick a clear option....maybe...1) whether to clear all except currently playing, 2) clear non-queued tracks only, 3) clear nothing (Auto DJ adds to the very bottom of current list of Now Playing tracks)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
but I'd like to suggest, for a future update after 3.0, if any USER queued tracks (via Queue Next) exist when turning on Auto DJ, those queued tracks should remain in the list of tracks to play and Auto DJ tracks should be added AFTER them, OR....
at least give the user the opportunity to pick a clear option....maybe...1) whether to clear all except currently playing, 2) clear non-queued tracks only, 3) clear nothing (Auto DJ adds to the very bottom of current list of Now Playing tracks)

+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Screwy things happen when the tabs and the command buttons overlap.  I don't know why it shows the mouse in the wrong place, but I was actually pressing the "Restart" button here: http://imgur.com/BxAdp5L
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
that should already be the case now and just retested to confirm. Can you give me step-by-step what actions you are doing?