Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233317 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Drag-and-drop in Playing Tracks element seems broken.
Expected behavior when I want to re-order manually my Playing Tracks list: Left click a track (don't release left click), drag-and-drop.
Actually, doing this just select all the adjacent tracks (like if I was doing a rectangle selection)
I have to: left click, release left click, wait to avoid a double-click, left click again the track (don't release left click), drag-and-drop.
that is as intended and is standard windows behavior (although personally i dont like it myself).
The track needs to be already selected, or if not you need to click on the text to start the drag operation. If you click in the blank space after the text then dragging the mouse performs a selection rather than drag.

KissCool

Drag-and-drop in Playing Tracks element seems broken.
Expected behavior when I want to re-order manually my Playing Tracks list: Left click a track (don't release left click), drag-and-drop.
Actually, doing this just select all the adjacent tracks (like if I was doing a rectangle selection)
I have to: left click, release left click, wait to avoid a double-click, left click again the track (don't release left click), drag-and-drop.
that is as intended and is standard windows behavior (although personally i dont like it myself).
The track needs to be already selected, or if not you need to click on the text to start the drag operation. If you click in the blank space after the text then dragging the mouse performs a selection rather than drag.

Oups! I forgot the most important thing: it doesn't works as intended only with "Track with Thumbnail" (works fine with "Track Details" and "Album and Tracks"), and only in the "Playing Tracks" element. Drag-and-drop works as expected in the main panel.
And I'm clicking the text, not a blank space.

carloscs

Another mouse misbehavior:

When I double click on an empty space on the "tabs header" (any empty place to the right of the "+" icon), everything in the current selection/view is added to the now playing tracks.

Just tried with radio tab selected and all the radio stations where added to the playing tracks.

Steven

• Administrator
Oups! I forgot the most important thing: it doesn't works as intended only with "Track with Thumbnail" (works fine with "Track Details" and "Album and Tracks"), and only in the "Playing Tracks" element. Drag-and-drop works as expected in the main panel.
And I'm clicking the text, not a blank space.
i have put in handling for that layout so the drag behavior should be consistent with the way i described above

When I double click on an empty space on the "tabs header" (any empty place to the right of the "+" icon), everything in the current selection/view is added to the now playing tracks.
thats fixed for the next update

But the downside is the reflection has now reduced only to a third of the cover image. Can you expand it a little?
i have made the reflection a little bigger (its bigger than v2.5 now) and fixed a couple of bugs
Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:08:51 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
fixes and changes as described above:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

redwing

i have made the reflection a little bigger (its bigger than v2.5 now) and fixed a couple of bugs

Looking great now! Thanks for the fix!

KissCool

i have put in handling for that layout so the drag behavior should be consistent with the way i described above
Works fine. Thanks.

jaume

Since the last update it seems that MB freezes on me for a few seconds sometimes when I click on a track or a button. This seems to happen more when there is a track playing. Is there maybe some sort of reset that can be done to make it work?

KissCool

Main Panel, "Album and Tracks" layout: Stars (Track Rating) are "jumping" on mouseover.

Steven

• Administrator
Since the last update it seems that MB freezes on me for a few seconds sometimes when I click on a track or a button. This seems to happen more when there is a track playing. Is there maybe some sort of reset that can be done to make it work?
i have no idea what that would be

Steven

• Administrator
Main Panel, "Album and Tracks" layout: Stars (Track Rating) are "jumping" on mouseover.
what font are you using?
edit:
i can reproduce this using larger than normal fonts
Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:03:01 PM by Steven

KissCool

what font are you using?
Segoe UI / Regular / 10
(grouping header = Segoe UI / Semibold / 11)
(sub-grouping header = Segoe UI / Semibold / 10)
(Windows 10)

redwing

Getting this error if placing spectrum visualizer/wave bar alone to any panel:

10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5935.34464 - System.ArgumentException: Rectangle '{X=0,Y=0,Width=0,Height=0}' cannot have a width or height equal to 0.
   at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor(Rectangle rect, Color color1, Color color2, LinearGradientMode linearGradientMode)
   at #=qe7R0TYnLHTtrDaGfqekRBHMttjodsuKb7UU1v2QWirY=.#=qQZ3AqpPpr2XhpE1FEmybDQ==(Graphics #=qG8XtiK6HG8YVXLqW9mT_XA==, Rectangle #=qGNhgAHiW5DeQUTXWeYdddQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qTsxf9odIaH95UG_uO3nlY93jwa9CElgHxf4WUaQQzWY=(Graphics #=qHSJeiZNH6CR9XCnPj3OXuA==, Rectangle #=qQOmdS7hZ_i4_zzQFCP1pVw==, Boolean #=qFWrCycqTAH6D6w4Yn4DjPQ==, #=qru7sMarQRhHELvUknZmd3XW$bnwbNtwzYa2j$qafYf4= #=qO4eVBCAimOSFOkZfn1PCHg==, Int32 #=qFsvokTsbpktysdsSdrycug==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qhhiKjKS7iU$BjeG7SegbiQ==(Graphics #=qTc5myY0cxGKVM50zxjDD2A==, Rectangle #=qKtsGKsWMMKiNVsWqm3mO5g==, #=q$1DwtshLJHC2SLtDwC3Xwi7Hny6KsN9TLFdo7f$B_Fs= #=qAFTYF8FoWZZ4wp5TBGKkWA==, SolidBrush #=qazkf8sVd2rzcdkPjsUulBw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qwFiZU$oNr$pQko8PqY5Y7ZubJwcIEm6NbeM4JaCG4mQ=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qlTsNurEFqVGj0Ar2PiPJKQ==)
   at #=q$dBIhtydN0rk_8vLQWYN$A==.#=qL9NgWI6Ho7ZRyeROyHpwWA==.#=qO0QqzKok27FK5L8UcsiP3A==(Graphics #=qkh0MpvbEJ4FVGIBUriymmg==, #=qaI0y8OgZWkAQDslW4dx3I7W4_Ki8yvwY3gt13_iIX3c= #=qYSUsL7L77Xnmc0ICcopoZw==, Rectangle #=qTBE6SKWuiv1NikAEKUz7oQ==, Rectangle #=qNK_oLbS9FEJaw2ijaPpbQA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qalDObHA$FwJwC6eJCMp4Fg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qCrls_XD5lTvvcouo3jEv0odHtJYw8NTzOgmiZPLg_8s=.WndProc(Message& #=qWEaMBWAvryU0QSxsiDqoxQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=q$$Omii9Bk0fpit3K0Ps5fg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
fixes for the above:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

Getting this error if placing spectrum visualizer/wave bar alone to any panel: