Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233052 times)

Steven

• Administrator
using paint.net and the linked image i measure some parts 23,23,23 others 22,22,22 and other parts 24,24,24
I dont see anything unusual

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't see any diagonal stripes
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

sleepless

thebradlambert

Hey Steven, not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but I have an issue with the new "Hide Panels Header Bar" feature.

I would love to use this feature, however it also hides the toggle at the top of my Right Sidebar. I should be able to stack the tabs via the Panel Layout tool and still toggle between Lyrics and Track Details on the sidebar even though the Panels Header Bar is hidden.. Minimum: consider adding a "Toggle Between Right Sidebar Tabs" hotkey slot so that I can hide the panel and still swap between the displayed info.
i am not really sure what you mean but if you are refering to the menu available in the header bar, just right click on the tab header and access the menu from there

The OP was referring to when the top element of the right sidebar is stacked with multiple elements. Currently tab header doesn't show available elements. In addition to fixing tab header menu, right-click menu on the top element to switch to other elements could also be useful.
i have made the stacked items menu accessible in the same way it is when the panel is not hidden for the next update

Thanks!

theta_wave

I see the stripes too. You're not alone. :)
Ditto.  I up'd the contrast levels to emphasize the lines.  Pardon in advance for the ghetto arrows from irfanview, lol.

redwing

Looks like it depends on the machine, probably graphics card/drivers. From an iPhone, the stripes in the image are barely visible. From an Android tablet, they are as clearly visible as my laptop but slightly flickering from partly visible to partly invisible.

using paint.net and the linked image i measure some parts 23,23,23 others 22,22,22 and other parts 24,24,24
I dont see anything unusual

Probably that test won't help because we're seeing different images rendered by different machines. Mine keeps alternating from 20,20,20 to 24,24,24 following stripes for the left reflection using paint.net. I checked with v2.5, and it was almost the same.
Can you use a different way in handling the reflection?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I see them now.  Couldn't see them at all on my phone, but do on my laptop.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

haggers

I suppose this only somewhat counts as a GUI-related question.. but whenever I use search in 3.0.5929, it shows the entire albums that contain that query. Especially cumbersome for big compliation albums.
2.5 had this handy menu item on the search drop-down - http://i.imgur.com/UD0OKW3.png - is there any chance it can be added to 3.0? Or at least can someone tell me if it's been tucked away in the Prefs so I can disable it? Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
I suppose this only somewhat counts as a GUI-related question.. but whenever I use search in 3.0.5929, it shows the entire albums that contain that query. Especially cumbersome for big compliation albums.
2.5 had this handy menu item on the search drop-down - http://i.imgur.com/UD0OKW3.png - is there any chance it can be added to 3.0? Or at least can someone tell me if it's been tucked away in the Prefs so I can disable it? Thanks!
for v3 its only supported with the Album and Tracks layout

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

@redwing,
try this version to see if it improves:

A little better, but not much differences.

The left two images are from the yesterday's, the right two images are from the latest one.
And the bottom images are what I adjusted brightness and contrast with paint.net to show more clearly what's going on.

Steven

• Administrator
@redwing,
this version will definitely no longer show any dialgonal lines. I havent had much time to play with it so i might fine tune the reflection effect further

redwing

@redwing,
this version will definitely no longer show any dialgonal lines. I havent had much time to play with it so i might fine tune the reflection effect further

Yes, no longer horizontal & diagonal lines. Most albums look fine except complete black covers which show concentric circles pattern but they are barely visible.

But the downside is the reflection has now reduced only to a third of the cover image. Can you expand it a little?

KissCool

Drag-and-drop in Playing Tracks element seems broken.
Expected behavior when I want to re-order manually my Playing Tracks list: Left click a track (don't release left click), drag-and-drop.
Actually, doing this just select all the adjacent tracks (like if I was doing a rectangle selection)
I have to: left click, release left click, wait to avoid a double-click, left click again the track (don't release left click), drag-and-drop.