Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254181 times)

rurutia10

@rurutia10 and @Alumni, I am still not able to reproduce any issues using Alumnis settings and by stopping playback just before the end of a track.
It would be useful to know if you are easily able to reproduce the issue yourself by repeatedly performing that action.
If so then i can create a debug version for this.

I haven't even been able to reproduce it manually. lol. it happens way too randomly :/

The last time I got a crash the song was at 50% or so if I remember correctly.

@Alumni

Do you use repeat song a lot?

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- added a spacer/ panel splitter element to the panel arrangement dialog as promised. Its enables you to have two sets of stacked panels in sequence or enables display of a visible gap between panels

KissCool

Thanks for the splitter and the small album thumbnail in expanded view that is not stretched anymore.

gpzbc

- added a spacer/ panel splitter element to the panel arrangement dialog as promised. Its enables you to have two sets of stacked panels in sequence or enables display of a visible gap between panels

Thank you!  I'm excited about this.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
for consistency, shouldn't 'hide panels header bar' also remove these headers?
its a compromise. They would have no easy way to change items that you can access via the context menu.
For a future MB release i will probably add the ability to individually hide the sub-panels as well
Ahh, OK. ???
but that same logic
They would have no easy way to change items that you can access via the context menu.
applies to the ones that do get hidden now.

Wouldn't it be better to just hide the text, but leave the bar there so it can be right-clicked on.
Maybe narrow the bar as well.
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:37:13 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
but that same logic
They would have no easy way to change items that you can access via the context menu.
no - you can right click on the tab header and get access to the menus

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
but that same logic
no - you can right click on the tab header and get access to the menus
yes - right-click on the tab header is not the same as right-click on the element header
take the thumbnail browser and library explorer in the left main panel of my setup;

you can't easily access the context menu of the thumbnail browser - you have to go via tab header.
if you aren't hiding the library explorer header to allow easy access to the context menu, wouldn't the thumbnail browser be the same?
or wouldn't the library explorer context menu be under a sub header of the Left Main Panel menu of the tab header context menu?

Surely it should be if you hide header bar(s) all context menus for those panels should be via the tab header, rather than being disjointed by having some in the tab header and some in the element header.

If I changed my layout around, I'd have the less-than-ideal situation of having to remember "oh-this-elements-at-the-top-so-I-access-it's-context-menu-from-the-tab-header" or "wait-this-one's-at-the-bottom-so-I-can-right-click-on-it" scenario.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

gpzbc

I synced up a portable device. After it was 100% complete, I opened the left sidebar and hit "Safely Remove Device" and MB3 immediately crashed.

MusicBee v3.0.5925.37709 (Win10.0), 22 Mar 2016 21:49:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qusLwCp$flwpU_uIEYnhuWg$6GQpgpj_fIrSu92j_Jig=.#=qefADVepSyJy3njdXTYLZxSv4lAJ8gGaPnSSunhdVhgw=(Boolean #=qJHsdOfRTnkpbooZvtsKHUw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qu0PgqHEi1efkV39UqvRSWhnaItA44blenb9tKf3Vol0=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=q_p3AwyzKrOxLgFr7SkcIzw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qvdG73Iblg$anR$4mcrWk9g==(PaintEventArgs #=qPphfixBs9dCqakgxrq5Oeg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qiXKz9uJlthCXapms_GYTMsZ68fulUUgENwxppIZThwA=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qNafDS7FfjKy0ire3UoV4Qg==)
   at #=q6qAWSrvpH4PZaGOjPhy9Kw==.#=q02ayg4lokH1BZK$wZJUAXQ==.#=qFzkdv9FR0iDotmreJbuuDQ==(Graphics #=qsiKf34av3Ik4b9f375GGZw==, #=qxaQYHkGO0zpd6zFKnXkMzV273z5DrK9kfKZis5ASQKA= #=q1toyhQb5MWxmiqCBCj3Ghg==, Rectangle #=qwHoWCP4l73rv5lbFGl3WHw==, Rectangle #=qiqd14gVKrnp2gw3BMnhP8Q==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qJYPWUDFFpNXOU_GleeT47w==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qqQr8KjRVJigjbc40_zndgqFJ3g$Cpi5uVUtzknnjdYk=.WndProc(Message& #=qFYl0gE_kR3CEMaV7bEN_MA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qwS$DPYLBiFQJF09CQqA8HQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AvikB

one thing i noticed is when header bar is hidden, and also left sidebar is in auto hide mode, you can't access left sidebar options by right clicking on the tabs.

And A-Z jumpbar still does not work. I am using Album Cover view with sort by Album and group by Album selected.

redwing

Working well. Maybe instead of offering two splitters as is, you could make one splitter element never disappear from available elements box so that it could be supplied more than two and look neater when none of it is used.

redwing

It seems some bugs were recently introduced to movie backdrop display feature.
- It doesn't recognize previous mapping, which requires remapping of all soundtrack files.
- When playing track has different movie title (album) but same artist as previous track, it keeps displaying the images of previous movie.
i havent changed anything related to this for ages. You will need to give me more specific information

The second one was an old bug that you fixed years ago, but somehow it came back.
Let's say you have two tracks:
Title: track 1, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Jaws
Title: track 2, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Dracula

Play track 1 and then track 2, but the pictures are still those of Jaws. To change it to Dracula, you have to close and open the picture element again.

Not fixed yet.

redwing

Currently vertical AZ jump bar gets placed at the left of column/thumbnail browser when those elements are placed in the main panel. I think the AZ bar should be placed at the right of those elements because it only controls main panel.

Also please display it (web browser plugin tab) in the main panel only so that left & right main panel can be used along with it.

Bump. Both of those should be updated in accordance with the changes in main panel use with v3.

Alumni

@rurutia10 and @Alumni, I am still not able to reproduce any issues using Alumnis settings and by stopping playback just before the end of a track.
It would be useful to know if you are easily able to reproduce the issue yourself by repeatedly performing that action.
If so then i can create a debug version for this.

I'm willing to use a debug version until the issue can be reproduced.

Steven

• Administrator
I'm willing to use a debug version until the issue can be reproduced.
i need to have some idea where the error is in order to create a debug version. If the lock up you had was completely random there is very little i can do as the amount of code involved is too large. If there are steps you can do to reproduce the problem then i can do something

Steven

• Administrator
Currently vertical AZ jump bar gets placed at the left of column/thumbnail browser when those elements are placed in the main panel. I think the AZ bar should be placed at the right of those elements because it only controls main panel.

Also please display it (web browser plugin tab) in the main panel only so that left & right main panel can be used along with it.
i am not planning to change either of these and while i agree with the logic of your first point, i felt the bar visually interferes with the filter panels when docked that way. If others chip in and say they agree with you then i will reconsider