Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233026 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Fixes the all CAPs issue but it introduces some weird visual artifacts.  Also, the latter issue is still there.
is it still doing that ie. it wasnt a one-off and if so, are you sure you dont have override text for the tab header set (right click/ Edit Tab Header)

Steven

• Administrator
PS: I noticed the playlist manager was recently tweaked so playlists appear on top now (I like it better this way), although I don't remember seeing it mentioned in this thread. I'm guessing any further changes to the manager will be saved for the next version?
yes that was a change i made on the weekend and only bug fixes or minor tweaks will be done for this MB version

Steven

• Administrator
3. Whilst it's a great feature, is there any way to turn off the left sidebar opening automatically when dragging tracks (it does this even when option hide is selected)? I'd love to be able to disable this on some tabs because I do a lot of dragging to the column browser when tagging tracks and the first column always gets blocked by the left sidebar opening up.
i will change it so the panel doesnt auto-popup if the left sidebar is set as hidden as opposed to hide (auto-open)

Steven

• Administrator
Tonight MusicBee froze on me (completely non-responsive), normally I wouldn't bring it up but it's a very rare occurrence. It seemed to happen just as I pressed stop while a track was playing. The error log didn't report anything.
had you edited or rated the track that was playing at the time? (or have a plugin that updates tags based on some rule that includes skip/play count)

Alumni

had you edited or rated the track that was playing at the time? (or have a plugin that updates tags based on some rule that includes skip/play count)

No, nothing like that.

KissCool

In artwork view expanded panel, the album art now shows in a really small icon at the top left corner.

Can this be made into an option?
+1
It's a nice addition for artist with only 1 album in Artists view, but:
 - it's not needed in Album Covers view, we already have a bigger one on top of the expanded panel
 - I prefer no album cover thumbnail than a stretched one

The Artist Picture element seems bugged.
eg.: playing a "Mika" track: the artist picture element displays pictures of all "Mika" artists (Mika, Mika Arisaka, Mika Nakashima...), Same for the Now Playing Tab. (MB is set to display local pictures)

theta_wave

Fixes the all CAPs issue but it introduces some weird visual artifacts.  Also, the latter issue is still there.
is it still doing that ie. it wasnt a one-off and if so, are you sure you dont have override text for the tab header set (right click/ Edit Tab Header)
Since yesterday's update, I always see the the weird visual artifact in the second picture I posted for the Last.fm statistics tab (the overhanging transparency).  It arises when I click the tab located to its left and any other tab thereafter.  I didn't override the text for this or any other tab header; I always leave them with their default name.  What is interesting is if I change the text header of the tab next to the last.fm tab, the last.fm tab adopts that change too!  Weird.

Steven

• Administrator
Since yesterday's update, I always see the the weird visual artifact in the second picture I posted for the Last.fm statistics tab (the overhanging transparency).  It arises when I click the tab located to its left and any other tab thereafter.  I didn't override the text for this or any other tab header; I always leave them with their default name.  What is interesting is if I change the text header of the tab next to the last.fm tab, the last.fm tab adopts that change too!  Weird.
can you send me a link to your settings file

Steven

• Administrator
for those of you complaining about the new small album picture, can you post a screenshot where the bigger album cover is already showing in the main panel as that shouldnt happen

rurutia10

for those of you complaining about the new small album picture, can you post a screenshot where the bigger album cover is already showing in the main panel as that shouldnt happen

Sent. Thought it was a weird touch and I wasn't sure it was intended or not since it came out of nowhere xD

Steven

• Administrator
Sent. Thought it was a weird touch and I wasn't sure it was intended or not since it came out of nowhere xD
missed the most obvious condition of all - when showing album covers in the main panel. Thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
After navigating to podcasts, the thumbnail browser scrollbar from the previous node remains visible. This only happens the first time the podcast node is visited. If you leave and then re-enter it goes back to normal. Also if MB is started in the podcast node, it doesn't occur.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator

No, nothing like that.
was it in the last few seconds of the track?

sleepless

I mentioned this earlier, but the wording wasn't very clear. Selecting a custom view results in the playlist manager dissappearing.
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:52:21 PM by sleepless

h0m3r

When I use the Search and then change the view in, for example, cover or title details the search discarded.
I think that has already been fixed. But now the Bug is back.
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:22:32 PM by h0m3r