Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232933 times)

KissCool

In the Playing Tracks element (docked in right sidebar), 5 dots appears on mouseover instead of 5 stars.

@ankor @psychoadept
Thanks! You're nice. But all the credit goes to google translation ;)
And French? German? You're motivated. Definitely not the easiest ones!

Steven

• Administrator
In the Playing Tracks element (docked in right sidebar), 5 dots appears on mouseover instead of 5 stars.
can you post a screenshot and also indicate which skin you are using - does it happen with the default skin?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is "recommended artists" in Recommendations (under Services) working for anyone?  I never see anything there.
it requires your last.fm account in order to retrieve the last.fm recommendations ie. you need to have logged into last.fm at least once

That explains the portable version, but I'm logged in to last.fm on the other and there's nothing there either.  I logged out and back in to be sure.  Scrobbling is working.
Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:57:55 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

KissCool

can you post a screenshot and also indicate which skin you are using - does it happen with the default skin?

My own skin. Tried with MusicBee3 and DarkRED3. Still happening.
Playing tracks, Artist bio, Lyrics and track info stacked.
I forgot to mention that it only happen on selected track (I select a track to update the rating) in the playing track element.
Main panel works fine.

Anyway, here a screenshot

redwing

But can you enhance its handling of some web pages?

For genius.com, a black box covers last part of lyrics with every song:

http://genius.com/Adele-hello-lyrics
http://i.imgur.com/pYuf3Fs.png

For musixmatch.com, line breaks are ignored.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Adele/Hello
http://i.imgur.com/J1ywQRV.png
no - thats handled by the IE web browser control and i am not aware of any way to change its handling

Could this be helpful to address the issue?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730%28VS.85%29.aspx#browser_emulation

rurutia10

My own skin. Tried with MusicBee3 and DarkRED3. Still happening.
Playing tracks, Artist bio, Lyrics and track info stacked.
I forgot to mention that it only happen on selected track (I select a track to update the rating) in the playing track element.
Main panel works fine.

Anyway, here a screenshot

How did you make those tabs look like that?

redwing

You can edit tab header manually. To make it functional, support my wish:

- I really miss uppercase tab header from endeavour1934's Win10 Style mockup. Please support uppercase and regular font option instead of the current bold font. Also tab header might look better when it's center aligned.
- Tab close button is unnecessarily too bright. How about making it almost invisible and only highlight with the mouse over the tab (not just over the icon as of now)? That would make tabs look better.
- Also consider adding mouseover highlight effect for inactive tabs and "add tab" icon, either auto-generated or as skin overrides.

sleepless

Also tab header might look better when it's center aligned.

+1 for that option. Although soon we might be needing a tab configuration section in the settings menu. These tabs options are great though and very much appreciated.

And thanks for the header panel hide option too. Although now I'm tending to accidentally click on the Displayed Fields headers directly below, which alters the sort order and can be a bit of a pain. Maybe an option to lock these? Either individually or as a whole. Possibly an option lock in the Set Displayed Fields config menu where the field headers are dragged in? Just a thought. Hopefully with a bit of time my mouse-eye coordination will improve.

redwing

When filtered with thumbnail browser, if you switch to another view in the main panel, all other items in the thumbnail browser disappear when they should stay. And "all items" at the top shows an incorrect count.

KissCool

- Uppercase
Right click the tab, then "edit tab header"
 - Hidden close button
Those skin elements doesn't work anymore:
<element id="TabsBar.TabCloseButton.Default" fg="RIP"/>
<element id="TabsBar.TabCloseButton.Highlight" bg="RIP" fg="RIP" bdr="RIP"/>
Right click the tab/Navigation Lock/Full Lock or Partial Navigation
 - Hidden icons
Preferences/Layout (1), "header bar" section/tabs bar, untick "show icons"
 - get rid of the automatic bold style
If you're using SegoeUI, just choose light/semi-light/semi-bold style. It will remove all the automatic style generated by MusicBee. But then, fields with numbers aren't correctly aligned:
justified   ->   right aligned
Or you can just move the tabs bar to the title bar: only the current tab have a bold style.

I really miss uppercase tab header from endeavour1934's Win10 Style mockup.
I wish I could use a "custom font" here (Pref./Layout (1)/header bar section/tab bar/custom font). So, no more bold style + a slightly bigger font size, like in endeavour1934' mockup. And for being able to reproduce exactly what endeavour1934 did, I would add this:
I really like how the tabs bar looks (1st picture of the 1st page). There's the same space between each tab's name (=/= same tab width) and it looks very neat.
Allowing us to reproduce this would be great.
But dunno how. Maybe, the easiest way would be to allow us to resize manually the tab width and the "lock tab" setting would prevent us from resizing accidentally the tab.
Or maybe an option to handle the tabs bar like the in-line menu bar ?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
If you have multiple artwork images displaying in Track Information (and Enable Image Rotation is checked), when moving to Now Playing tab whatever artwork is currently displayed becomes the album artwork that is used in whatever view you use in the Now Playing tab.

If you cycle thru the Artist Picture/ Album Colour Mix/ Large Artwork/ etc, the artwork will change with whatever is on display back in Track Information on the Music tab.

If Track Information is displayed in the Playlist view of Now Playing tab, the album cover rotation right-click dialog works - except sometimes the image# indicator doesn't move to the correct image on display.

None of the other views have any Album Cover control dialogs
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

gpzbc

You can edit tab header manually. To make it functional, support my wish:

- I really miss uppercase tab header from endeavour1934's Win10 Style mockup. Please support uppercase and regular font option instead of the current bold font. Also tab header might look better when it's center aligned.
- Tab close button is unnecessarily too bright. How about making it almost invisible and only highlight with the mouse over the tab (not just over the icon as of now)? That would make tabs look better.
- Also consider adding mouseover highlight effect for inactive tabs and "add tab" icon, either auto-generated or as skin overrides.

+1  These tabs looks modern and clean.

By the ay, I'm loving MB3 - even more than I thought I would.  Thank you for all your hard work.

rurutia10

The latest update broke the play/pause button. Play a song, click on the play/pause button with your mouse, it won't react.

Alumni

The latest update broke the play/pause button. Play a song, click on the play/pause button with your mouse, it won't react.

Working fine here, you'll have to be more specific - like what skin are you using?

rurutia10

Working fine here, you'll have to be more specific - like what skin are you using?

I already sent him my settings file. Doubt it's a skin problem because I've been keeping up with the thread and it never did that with any of the previous versions. I downgraded to 3.0.5916 and it's working fine.