Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1255040 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just realized that the track info popup that shows when you click on the taskbar icon is still different from the one that shows when a new track starts.  It seems like they should both use the skinnable and configurable pop-up from Now Playing Preferences.

Nevermind, I messed myself up with two different versions of MB running.  *slinks away embarrassed*
Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:31:59 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

user73

https://i.imgsafe.org/c65192b.jpg
hi
Here im just trying to show that actual size of artwork is very small but  in setting i choose to show at 300px.so its stretched and looks fine to me..
what im trying to say here is that the creater of MBee @steven has made it so easy  for us by showing so many things in small panel of Track details.we have web links,artwork.and different kind of info about track.
If steven can make this complex panel then, how difficult it could be to add few settings for artist photos.i mean that way one could adjust different panels according to artist panel depending if artist setting have fit to image option or to show at such n such pixels.
Well im not expert or programmer but artist photo panel looks easier to configure while programming then TRACK detail panel.
Rest Steven can show more light what could be done or not.But i believe it is possible maybe near future or maybe MBv4

Steven

• Administrator
a small enhancement for the web browser. When you have this plugin enabled, clicking on a weblink in the track info panel now activates and shows the clicked link in a tab using the plugin (the previous behavior was to open the link in an external browser)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkhy169yxp306ti/mb_WebBrowser.zip
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:13:14 PM by Steven

sleepless

a small enhancement for the web browser. When you have this plugin enabled, clicking on a weblink in the track info panel now activates and shows the clicked link in a tab using the plugin (the previous behavior was to open the link in an external browser)

Very nice. But I've installed the patch and can't get this to work. Are there some settings I should be adjusting? I've tried with both right-click>web-links, and links displayed in the panel. They both still open external browser.

*Edit: I should add, the internal browser is working fine for me on its own. It just won't open when clicking on the links.
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:36:58 AM by sleepless

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Very nice. But I've installed the patch and can't get this to work.
Same here.

Maybe because my default browser is not IE?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
working fine here. There is a bug where you need to click the link a second time before it opens the link you want so i will fix that. It only applies to when you left click the custom web links defined in the internet preferences and displayed in the track info panel.
edit:
also check the modification date/time of web browser plugin and if its not yesterday's date then that will be the issue
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:37:46 AM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
also check the modification date/time of web browser plugin and if its not yesterday's date then that will be the issue
Yes. link in post here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg106922#msg106922
points to file from 05/12/2015 23:55

Link in plugin thread is correct - 14/03/2016 08:56
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

HHM

BUG:
adding additional field in Track Rating Panel makes other fields disappear (set the Rating field and apply, at first it looks ok but after track changing the fields will disappear)

hiccup

4:3 was a compromise but i am ok with changing it to 16:9 and will do so for the next update

Isn't that a bit extreme?
To accommodate for many photo's with other aspect ratio's (especially portrait of course), this is not an improvement.

16:9 = 1,777
4:3 = 1,333
Perhaps making it 3:2 (1,5) would be a better compromise?

And to be totally honest, 4:3 was fine by me already as a compromise.
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:17:37 PM by hiccup

Cocas

Yes. link in post here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg106922#msg106922
points to file from 05/12/2015 23:55

Link in plugin thread is correct - 14/03/2016 08:56

In which plugin thread is the correct link? Every link I've tried so far gives me the December version of the plugin...

sleepless

The mediafire link he gave was up-to-date for me:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7e1wmhm81xlk6l0/mb_WebBrowser.zip

Unfortunately any links are still opening externally. I have reinstalled latest patch twice. Thoughts?

Edit: On second glance Cocas is correct. Mod date is 05/12/2015. Updated to link in plugin thread which is up-to-date.

Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:37:39 PM by sleepless

sleepless

So it works for links displayed in the panel, but links selected by right-click>menu are still opened in external browser. I don't have space in the panel to display all the links there. Would it be possible to have this work for the links in the menu as well?

KissCool

Isn't that a bit extreme?
To accommodate for many photo's with other aspect ratio's (especially portrait of course), this is not an improvement.

16:9 = 1,777
4:3 = 1,333
Perhaps making it 3:2 (1,5) would be a better compromise?

And to be totally honest, 4:3 was fine by me already as a compromise.

Well, I'm agree with Bee-liever

The 16:9 format dominates know, and for those images that don't fit, I'd much rather see some coloured stripes that blend to the panel background colours, than have the sometimes strangely cropped images we get now.

imho, 16:9 is the best compromise because, sadly, as Bee-liever said, 16:9 aspect ratio dominate now.
16:9 -> most of your pictures fill perfectly the frame. Few of them are cropped or displayed with strips
4:3 -> Almost all your pictures are cropped (or have strips).

It's exactly the same thing for Album Artworks. I have many CDM, Deluxe/Collector's Edition, Box-Set... Most of them don't have the 1:1 aspect ratio (many are not even rectangular). But I still prefer the 1:1 aspect ratio because most of my collection uses this ratio.

But I can understand your point of view. I'm working at the moment on a new layout/skin and it's all about portait orientation artist pictures ! (but I still think 16:9 should be the default setting):
(it's not a mockup but a functional MusicBee)

hiccup

imho, 16:9 is the best compromise because, sadly, as Bee-liever said, 16:9 aspect ratio dominate now.

I don't think you can call 16:9 a compromise. It's a clear decision for displaying that aspect ratio perfectly, and cropping all different and more traditional ones.
But maybe you are right that artist images fetched by MusicBee are dominantly 16:9 (I'm really not sure), but I am sure that most photographs by professional photographers in the past, and probably the present too are not 16:9.

I find your comparison with album covers askew. From the days of vinyl, cd's and the present still, they have always been (at least extremely close to) 1:1
Cropping is hardly ever a problem there. Except maybe for a very small percentage of fold-out artwork or a few exclusive releases.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'll shut-up about this, and see how this is received in practice and with other users.

Steven

• Administrator
@Bee-liever & sleepless, i guess i have either provided a link to the old version or not uploaded as the plugin should be dated yesterday. Mediafire is down for me at the moment but i will post the correct link later