Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1255042 times)

h0m3r

change the selected view when viewing the drill-down contents
it should default to Album and Tracks layout for new users

thats it! thank you for your help :)

KissCool

- Panels Configuration. Could you add a virtual separator, please?
eg.: right sidebar layout. I'd like to have those elements to be stacked on top of each other:
1st stack: album cover + artist picture
2nd stack: Playing tracks + Lyrics
Actually I can't do it, there's only one stack.
So, a virtual separator (in "avaible elements)) would do the trick. By virtual, I mean there's no separator drawn in the right siderbar but in the Panels configuration:

Or maybe a second column of checkboxes?
(I Know, there's a workaround, but it's not as flexible as what I'm proposing)

- Artist Pictures (in sidebar). Could we resize this element, please?
I know that it's not officially supported, but since a workaround exists, allowing us to do it directly would be easier.

- Scroll wheel issue. I guess it's a Windows issue, still asking:
Album Covers view. No group header. Roll the wheel one notch to scroll one block (By Block, I mean Album Covers + Text). Evrerything OK.
Now do the same thing, just add a group header. Of course, it introduce a gap.
What I expect here: the gap should be ignored ( or merged with the 1st row of blocks/dealt as a row of blocks) while scrolling one notch to prevent this:
Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:21:01 PM by KissCool

Steven

• Administrator
With Artist Pictures the display area is fixed to 4:3 ratio.
I don't know if Steven has selected this a compromise between landscape and portrait orientation, or it hasn't been adjusted from the olden days when that was the dominant screen format.
The 16:9 format dominates know, and for those images that don't fit, I'd much rather see some coloured stripes that blend to the panel background colours, than have the sometimes strangely cropped images we get now.
4:3 was a compromise but i am ok with changing it to 16:9 and will do so for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
I checked the error log, but there's nothing related to this.  It's happening for 2/6 playlist folders.  Do you need a screenshot?                                                                                                     
for each of the 2 folders, are the files missing from the same playlist in that folder, is it all files in each of the playlists?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I checked the error log, but there's nothing related to this.  It's happening for 2/6 playlist folders.  Do you need a screenshot?                                                                                                     
for each of the 2 folders, are the files missing from the same playlist in that folder, is it all files in each of the playlists?

For those two folders, when I select the folder the main panel is totally empty.  The playlists themselves seem to be fine.  They're all auto-playlists.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ankor

Please support displaying duration for sidebar player of now playing tab.
+1

maartenl

First: MusicBee is GREAT piece of sofware thanks!

Just noticed that with 3.0 the spectrum visualisation has stopped working when output is set to an UPNP/DLNA device. Is this on purpose or something that can/will be fixed?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

For those two folders, when I select the folder the main panel is totally empty.  The playlists themselves seem to be fine.  They're all auto-playlists.

Update: on a hunch, I went into the playlists folders in Windows Explorer and deleted the unnamed .xautopf files there.  Restarted MB, and everything is working again.

Looking at the the files I deleted, I see they still have the library path, etc from my old computer.  Could be the issue?
Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:03:09 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Looking at the the files I deleted, I see they still have the library path, etc from my old computer.  Could be the issue?
those files are relics of a very old MB version (i think) and MB should be ignoring them but i guess there is somewhere in the code thats not.

Steven

• Administrator
Please support displaying duration for sidebar player of now playing tab.
thats done for the next update - right click on the player panel

Steven

• Administrator
- Panels Configuration. Could you add a virtual separator, please?
i have though about doing this using spacer elements which can be used for other purposes as well. However i think its too much of a change at this point in time so i will probably not do it for v3.0. But if things are quiet re: bugs being reported i might have a look at it
Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:07:49 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Just noticed that with 3.0 the spectrum visualisation has stopped working when output is set to an UPNP/DLNA device. Is this on purpose or something that can/will be fixed?
its not supported (nor was it supported in v2.5) and wont be because its not MB that controls the playback/ timing in this arrangement

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just realized that the track info popup that shows when you click on the taskbar icon is still different from the one that shows when a new track starts.  It seems like they should both use the skinnable and configurable pop-up from Now Playing Preferences.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I just realized that the track info popup that shows when you click on the taskbar icon is still different from the one that shows when a new track starts.  It seems like they should both use the skinnable and configurable pop-up from Now Playing Preferences.
if you are refering to the main taskbar icon and not the system tray icon (which definitely shares the panel layout) then the issue is that popup is very constrained for space and also has special handling for longer text

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above