Maybe integrate artist view and music explorer into each other?+1
. Was about to ask for it!
I really like the Music Explorer layout (asked for it a long time ago here
). But we can't use it as a regular "browsing" layout.
Displaying this layout when double clicking an artist picture in the artist view would make sense, imho (maybe by replacing "use Artwork layout to show albums for an artist" old option by "use Music Explorer layout to show albums for an artist").
I like the Artists view, but, for now, i can't figure out a nice (and usefull way) to use it:
(-> = double click // <- = navigate back mouse button // "show the tracks for the selected album" option unticked)
- Artists view (group by 1st letter) -> Album Covers view: no group header!
Better to use my Albums tab: Album Covers view (with goup header) + Thumbnail Browser (Album Artists)
- MB v2.5: Artists view -> Album Covers view -> Album & Tracks view <- Album covers view <- Artists view -- Repeat
In v3.0, you can do it (I mean, MB allows to do it) but you have to do this:
Artists view -> Album Covers view -> Album Cover view -- click Album & Tracks view <- Album Cover view -- drop down menu, click Artist -- You can't repeat because clicking again an Artist picture bring you to the Album&Tracks view, not the Album Covers view (so, drop down menu; click Album Covers view and so on).
Not really easy browsing nor intuitive. Again, better to use my Albums tab: Album Covers view (with goup header) + Thumbnail Browser (Album Artists) -> Album&Tracks view
So, bring some love to the Artists view, please!
(Don't get me wrong, just kidding. Just switched to v3.0 from v2.4, and as usual, great job!)About Music Explorer, few wishes
- An artist bio tab would make sense here, imo (Albums & Stats - Bio - More Albums... - Similar Artists)
- Now Playing tab: enable music explorer in the drop down menu (Artist Picture / Album Color Mix / Large Album / Music Explorer / ...). Would make sense imo, since Music Explorer is more a Now Playing Track feature (and I could save a tab space!).
- a drop down menu to sort albums by Most Played/Top Rated/Recently Added...
- maybe a little less Top Tracks (it looks more like a "All Tracks" than a "Top Tracks")