Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1232965 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I've always used MB almost exclusively on the 2nd monitor.  Never a problem.
I have no problems using v3 on my 2nd monitor.  Can you be more specific as to what's not working correctly?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

When you add "Album [Year]" field, the [Year] doesn't show up with long album names.

I think album name should be shorter, always displaying [Year], for the purpose of using the field.
Then it would instead display "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts... [1967]".

Alumni

I reported this earlier and I'm not sure if it was addressed, but the Music Explorer isn't refreshing the currently playing artist.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I reported this earlier and I'm not sure if it was addressed, but the Music Explorer isn't refreshing the currently playing artist.

I believe that's intentional.  There should be a link to the current artist that appears, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

With a certain setup, a visual glitch appears on the main panel.

http://i.imgur.com/Jwu9hEc.png

PMed my settings file. To reproduce, select now playing tab and then the music tab.

redwing

Regarding my suggestion on improving Album Color Mix view,

Currently Album Color Mix view in Now Playing tab seems to be a bit boring as it can best serve as a background of something else.
How about adding visualizer on it? That would match well with constantly changing background.

maybe a set of options could be given about what to draw on that background: artist picture, album cover, visualizer.

Steven

• Administrator

I believe that's intentional.  There should be a link to the current artist that appears, though.
thats correct

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When I do a search for NEW artwork (there is none shown for the album), in addition to embedding as requested MB automatically selects "link the picture to this music track" and downloads it to an Artwork folder, which I don't want it to do.

When I do a search on an album that already shows artwork, not only is that option not selected, but the sub-option for "link to the original music file" is not even available - nor is the "choose the same next time" option.

On a side note, in one of my test cases MB was trying to download Cover.jpg.gif as the "organised copy of the picture" (based on having Cover.jpg in Preferences).

Are screenshots needed here?

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

KissCool

Sorry if it has already been mentioned (177 pages...), but I can't browse anymore my collection like I'm used to :

v2.5: Artists view -> Album cover view -> Album & Tracks view
Step 1: double click the picture of an Artist in Artist view (grouped by Album Artists)
Step 2: MB uses Artwork layout to show all the albums for the selected artist -> double click the picture of one of the album
Step 3: MB use Album&Tracks layout to show the tracklist of the selected album -> double click tracks
Step 4: then navigate back (with the navigate back button of my mouse) to the Album cover view and select another album or back to the Artist view. Repeat

v3.0: Artists view -> Album cover view -> ?
Step 1: OK
Step 2: OK
Step 3: MB just shows the cover of the selected album in Artwork layout. I can't even choose a track (I don't use "show the tracks for the selected album" option). Double clicking the album crashes MB.
Step 4: I can go back to the Album Cover view but clicking a second time the navigate back button of my mouse doesn't bring me back to the artist view.

So, am I doing something wrong or is it intended?

N.B.: in v2.5, I was using "use Artwork layout to show albums for an artist" option. Can't find it anymore. Is the option gone ? if yes, could you bring it back please? It's really helpful for artists with huge collection.

Steven

• Administrator
@KissCool,
yes it was discussed. Change the view using the view selector in the header bar and it should persist. Also can you post the actual error you got (help/ support/ view error log - the error at the end)

KissCool

@KissCool,
yes it was discussed. Change the view using the view selector in the header bar and it should persist. Also can you post the actual error you got (help/ support/ view error log - the error at the end)

OK, sorry.
About the error log :

04/03/2016 11:38:58 - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5906.39927 - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qT42rTq_Onvqj8rbAuWOXCNmhloZJDS6mnczG83EfDeo=.#=qlzvYxO3iaKX2dwGwppJG2t_s3p7h$cXHuhCZTBBErsA=.#=q4BZN4iHBPp3$ESZsQes1xuSyU52oWXRyU20pp2$pBjY=(Int32 #=qkW8xnhfdx1EhvuAhSPo_Ig==, Boolean #=qMC8_YNKKdo4xP5pwz6YzCg==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qT42rTq_Onvqj8rbAuWOXCNmhloZJDS6mnczG83EfDeo=.#=qlzvYxO3iaKX2dwGwppJG2t_s3p7h$cXHuhCZTBBErsA=.#=qCUTXAmKMsMVa3JXMe6rXfQ==(Point #=qo$VHLVh1S$bnnaIJhX_qhQ==, #=qxBavlyfppLUmSNg3nhQLeQ== #=qiZJUA6cObPzQWKZaFTBNYA==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qT42rTq_Onvqj8rbAuWOXCNmhloZJDS6mnczG83EfDeo=.#=qlzvYxO3iaKX2dwGwppJG2t_s3p7h$cXHuhCZTBBErsA=.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs #=qOtH4CNbjgmi6z1Yif9fxlw==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à #=qJ8xI5$HTg8ywAcBA3DodOe9mEC7ATzwFH1pF9IEikfA=.WndProc(Message& #=q0f6AUF2jX0KvonEsiazUTA==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

HHM

BUG
I see it since a few weeks in MB3 - in Album Covers view editing and saving a tag collapses the expanded album panel. It's irritating - when you want to edit a few tags of different tracks in one album you have to reopen (reexpand) it's panel after saving each tag.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
N.B.: in v2.5, I was using "use Artwork layout to show albums for an artist" option. Can't find it anymore. Is the option gone ? if yes, could you bring it back please? It's really helpful for artists with huge collection.

I wonder if it would be possible to use music explorer for selected tracks? I would find that very helpful
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ankor

I've always used MB almost exclusively on the 2nd monitor.  Never a problem.
I have no problems using v3 on my 2nd monitor.  Can you be more specific as to what's not working correctly?
????

Steven

• Administrator
With a certain setup, a visual glitch appears on the main panel.

http://i.imgur.com/Jwu9hEc.png

PMed my settings file. To reproduce, select now playing tab and then the music tab.
i cant reproduce this even using your settings and following those steps.
I can tell its not hiding the thumb browser even though you have it configured as hidden but perhaps there are other steps involved to trigger this issue?

edit:
stepping through the code i can see one thing thats not right so lets see if that fixes the issue for you
Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:08:14 PM by Steven